Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Calling all dirt riders in Shanghai 
    I'm dying to find some dirt around Shanghai as I'm sure you are too. I passed a huge dirt field on the 301 the other day about 200km from shanghai centre and its on the 301. It seems they're preparing it for a dam. I didnt have much time to check it out just saved it in my phone and carried on. It's mostly flat dirt with hills here and there but I think there was more to it further on, I couldn't see clearly but I reckon there's some fun to be had.

Anyway it could be good to check it out someday if anyone has time, before it's underwater. There's some parts of the 301 that are really nice to ride on (others are shit) so any non-dirt people can have fun too. It's a four lane road with a proper divider in the middle, and some nice curves through the lickle mountains. Shame there's a 60km speed limit and a few cameras.

Here's a llink for the destination. Can't upload pics right now. Let me know if you're up for it. I'm free all the time for the next few weeks.

http://maps.google.com.hk/maps?saddr...ra=ls&t=p&z=10.

2. #2 Re: Calling all dirt riders in Shanghai 
    Still no takers?

Well I was driving around Minhang industrial zone this morning checking out the little off road bits out there (quite fun, but nothing extended) when at the end of one particularly desolate one I had an epiphany. We are some of the first dirt riders in Shanghai, mountain bike or motor and that is why there are no trails. The is a huge wastland out there with small hills and woods just covered in weeds. The path stops but it could go on. Does anyone have a machete? ("Machete" great action movie btw., check it out) I'm actually serious, ortherwise we'll have to buy one or else just use the meat cleaver. Again, if anyone's up for lending a hand let me know, me and the missus probably go out there during the weekend if the weather's alright.

3. #3 Re: Calling all dirt riders in Shanghai 
    C-Moto Senior
    Head out near hongqiao airport / train station (hongqiao hub area), plenty construction sites and dirt areas. We took a couple of KTM MX bikes out for a ride, was a blast. Ride safe, Pal

4. #4 Re: Calling all dirt riders in Shanghai 
    Quote Originally Posted by Pal View Post
    Head out near hongqiao airport / train station (hongqiao hub area), plenty construction sites and dirt areas. We took a couple of KTM MX bikes out for a ride, was a blast. Ride safe, Pal
    Who's we?

5. #5 Re: Calling all dirt riders in Shanghai 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by corporal_clegg View Post
    Who's we?
    mates. ride safe, pal

6. #6 Re: Calling all dirt riders in Shanghai 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    A machete? You mean that curvaceous thing in this iconic image?

It's called a 镰刀 (liandao) in Chinese, or "sickle" in the literature of liberation.

Yes, let's get out there with our sickles and hammers, liberate some trails and do something for the revolution (as measured in RPM)!

jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

7. #7 Re: Calling all dirt riders in Shanghai 
    200km to go ride around a construction site? Like pal said there's a lot of construction around shanghai if that's all you're looking for!

8. #8 Re: Calling all dirt riders in Shanghai 
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    200km to go ride around a construction site? Like pal said there's a lot of construction around shanghai if that's all you're looking for!
    Yea you're right it's just I haven't seen anything decent yet. I will take a ride around hongqiao during the week. The best construction sites I've found are just rocks and stuff and quite small.

9. #9 Re: Calling all dirt riders in Shanghai 
    C-Moto Senior
    near Sheshan you should find some dirt tracks, been there - done that. ride safe, PAL

10. #10 Re: Calling all dirt riders in Shanghai 
    Quote Originally Posted by Pal View Post
    near Sheshan you should find some dirt tracks, been there - done that. ride safe, PAL

Yea thanks Pal. I think I saw one of them today, I didnt check it out tho, just saved it on my phone. Will be going one of these days I reckon.

Anyway the reason I started this thread is to share/find spots and find people to do them with (feelin' kinda lonely here). I tend to come off alot and it's good to have somebody around if I break a bone or something. Otherwise I have to bring the GF to spot me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast