Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Calling all dirt riders in Shanghai 
    C-Moto Senior
    the Shanghai F1 circuit out in Jiading had an offroad track some years ago. might be worthwhile riding out to the F1 track to check it out.

near Binhai golf course out in Nanhui county (Pudong) is a "seaside resort" called Shanghai Magnolia Seaside Resort (Baiyulan Binhai Dujiacun). Just opposite was / is a go-kart track and right beside the go-kart track they had an ATV off-road circuit with ATV's for rent. not sure the go-kart / offroad ATV track are still out there and in operation.

ride safe, PAL

2. #12 Re: Calling all dirt riders in Shanghai 
    Quote Originally Posted by Pal View Post
    the Shanghai F1 circuit out in Jiading had an offroad track some years ago. might be worthwhile riding out to the F1 track to check it out.

near Binhai golf course out in Nanhui county (Pudong) is a "seaside resort" called Shanghai Magnolia Seaside Resort (Baiyulan Binhai Dujiacun). Just opposite was / is a go-kart track and right beside the go-kart track they had an ATV off-road circuit with ATV's for rent. not sure the go-kart / offroad ATV track are still out there and in operation.

ride safe, PAL
    Checked both of them out yesterday and today. Jiading hasn't got that track anymore and neither does Nanhui. Drove around Nanhui a bit tho and there are some nice trails there. Gravel/mud mix so my tyres could just handle it. There's a bit consruction site out there also with massive piles of dirt. Was all mud yesterday tho. Have to change my tyres.

Thats anyway Pal. Hope to check out hongqiao during the week but probly wont be much good with stock tyres.

edit: go karting was fun tho. a bit steep at 100 for three laps. He said if you have three people you can have 4. Big whoop
    Last edited by corporal_clegg; 08-29-2011 at 08:44 AM.

3. #13 Re: Calling all dirt riders in Shanghai 
    machete = 开山刀
    "sickle" are useless in wild until u extened it with a iron pipe

4. #14 Re: Calling all dirt riders in Shanghai 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    It seems you got Supermoto wheels, you might be interested in Supermoto also

I know Zhuhai circuit can rent their go kart track for 150cc bikes. This could probably be negotiated for 200-250 dirt bikes, But it's a bit far of course.

I am trying now to find out whether Shanghai track (I think there is one Go Kart track there) would allow also that. If you want to discuss about this, do not hesitate to contact me

Michou

5. #15 Re: Calling all dirt riders in Shanghai 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by michemouche View Post
    I am trying now to find out whether Shanghai track (I think there is one Go Kart track there) would allow also that. If you want to discuss about this, do not hesitate to contact me
    http://www.sic-kartworld.com good luck talking with them and keep us in the loop. we enquired once about setting up mini-moto races, failed. ride safe, PAL

6. #16 Re: Calling all dirt riders in Shanghai 
    yea I would be up for it I guess although I didnt realise you could actually have much fun on that track with motorbike. I asked him if I could try it out (on my 200) and he had no problem just wanted a 100 rmb for it. Sounded like bull after I already dropped a 100 to ride around it in his go-karts but he said that bikes come not infrequently. This is not the SIC tho but the other one. I'll find the card and post the number. Maybe one of you would have more more luck translating.

It is far but it's a nicer ride out to there than up to the SIC

Corporal_clegg

Edit: 021-58058800*643 kadingche-f1@163.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12