Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: My new Chinese Enduro Bike "M-Bike JL200GY-2C" 
    60km and they look like that dont look like there very long lasting my Sava supermoto race tyres look better than that at 1200miles on them

2. #12 Re: My new Chinese Enduro Bike "M-Bike JL200GY-2C" 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennon View Post
    60km and they look like that dont look like there very long lasting my Sava supermoto race tyres look better than that at 1200miles on them
    This tyre is a good quality.

I read a lot on the low quality China tyres, they are very poor and not acceptable. I wldnt allow my life depend on those stock tyres.

I normally use Metzeler M3, Dunlop Alpha, Mitchelin pilot sporty and Bridgestone. Best is stick to those tyre, pay a little more for safety.

This IRC tyre is more superior than Mitchelin pilot sporty while the price around USD 150.- for both. Safety first n the power'll fllw

Send via garmin-asus phone
    Current bike....2011 M-Bike JL200GY-2C
    New Hobby: Photograph with Sony A500 + Minolta 50/1.4 - 28/2.8 - Zoom 80-200 APO G NEX5n + Most vintage German manual lenses i.e. Carl Zeiss Jena, Schneider Kreutznach, Enna Munchen, ISCO Gottingen, Steinheil, Voigtlander, Paxatte Staeble, Elmar & Elmarit, Meyer Gorlitz, Roeschlein Kreuznach, Rollei, Edixa, Pentacon, Schacht Ulm, Exakta, and enjoy life

3. #13 Re: My new Chinese Enduro Bike "M-Bike JL200GY-2C" 
    ahh Sava's are bulgarian made and is a subsidiary of dunlop there good grippy and stick like anything but due to there race orineted construction there rather slippy in the rain im getting a set of metzeler's as soon as these ones wear out.
    well iv heard kingstone is the best chinese brand equaling maxxis not bad reviews and they last for ages seen 9000miles on my friends sinnis apache and they looks just worn nothing else

4. #14 Re: My new Chinese Enduro Bike "M-Bike JL200GY-2C" 
    The 163FML is not a copy of the XL200 engine.
    The 163FML 63.5 x 61.98 mm 196.37 cc
    XL200 65.5 x 57.80 mm 200.19 cc

5. #15 Re: My new Chinese Enduro Bike "M-Bike JL200GY-2C" 
    Not all the 163FML engines are the same, the different manufactures make different version of them.
    The only thing they share is the bore and it being 63mm, which is all that the 163 stands for, the 1 a single and the 63 is the bore of the engine.

Your engine is likely a Loncin engine version of the 163FML they do make a 223cc engine LC166MM that has close to the same output as the XL200 Honda…however the engine on your bike does not and likely is about 2hp less.

If you are using the bore and stroke off the Lifan 163FML your not even looking at the correct data, you need the LC163FML data from Loncin the manufacturer of the engine.
    Is this your engine?
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=9065200194

6. #16 Re: My new Chinese Enduro Bike "M-Bike JL200GY-2C" 
    Hi MJH,

Thank you very much for the info you've shared.
    You are right on above spec of the engine. Somehow, could the spec may vary in diff conuntry ?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Honda XL200R production in 3 diff model
    Year 1979-83
    Year 1984-86 These 2 model shared the same engine spec as you've mention.
    Year 1996 the spec as I posted. (Edit: sorry, just realize it is XLR200R not just XL)

This is the spec from the Service Manual I posted in the above (require DL in PDF)

This link below is the spec of XL200R Year 1996
    http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...r200r%2096.htm

This is the image has the same frame guard as M-Bike JL200GY-2C
    I believe the cradle frame is also copy almost the same (I have not seen XL200R only in pic)

This is from M-Bike

Last edited by Kot; 08-28-2011 at 02:40 PM.
    New Hobby: Photograph with Sony A500 + Minolta 50/1.4 - 28/2.8 - Zoom 80-200 APO G NEX5n + Most vintage German manual lenses i.e. Carl Zeiss Jena, Schneider Kreutznach, Enna Munchen, ISCO Gottingen, Steinheil, Voigtlander, Paxatte Staeble, Elmar & Elmarit, Meyer Gorlitz, Roeschlein Kreuznach, Rollei, Edixa, Pentacon, Schacht Ulm, Exakta, and enjoy life

7. #17 Re: My new Chinese Enduro Bike "M-Bike JL200GY-2C" 
    The engine spec for 163FML in my country share the same Bore x Stroke 63.5 x 62.2mm
    Major diff is 4 Valve vs 2 Valve in chinese bike.

Below is the spec of Lifan LF200GY-5A and M-Bike JL200GY-2C

This is Spec of Honda Phantom TA200

Engine Type: 4-stroke Single Cylinder, air-cooled, 2 valve SOHC
    Displacement: 196.9cc
    Bore x Stroke 63.5mm x 62.2mm
    Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
    Ignition System: CDI
    Redline: Unknown - early TA200s (Custom 3? Short handlebar version) up to 2004 have NO rev limiter
    6 speed gearbox (Conventional motorcycle 1N23456)
    Clutch System: Wet Multiplate Clutch
    Drivetrain: Chain (520)
    Sprockets (Front / Rear tooth count): 13 / 39[2] or 41 (standard) [3]
    Dimensions (WxLxH): 775 x 2256 x 1085 mm
    Seat Height: 699mm
    Wheelbase: 1505mm
    Dry Weight: 140 kg

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Phantom

Thank you for reading,
    Cheers
    Kot

8. #18 Re: My new Chinese Enduro Bike "M-Bike JL200GY-2C" 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennon View Post
    ahh Sava's are bulgarian made and is a subsidiary of dunlop there good grippy and stick like anything but due to there race orineted construction there rather slippy in the rain im getting a set of metzeler's as soon as these ones wear out.
    well iv heard kingstone is the best chinese brand equaling maxxis not bad reviews and they last for ages seen 9000miles on my friends sinnis apache and they looks just worn nothing else
    Metzeler tyres are superb.....
    1 thing when I buy tyre, it must made in UK, DE, FR, JP and Thailand.
    A lot of those famous brand name tyre ie Dunlop, BS, Michelin, Yokohama, maxis, Falken, Nitto, etc
    made in MY, Indo, Korea, Vietnam etc the quality is not up to my satify and the price
    is also almost half of those premier quality. (Ah Ah you get what you pay......)

Good luck on selecting tyre
    Cheers
    Kot

9. #19 Re: My new Chinese Enduro Bike "M-Bike JL200GY-2C" 
    ahh i cant really complain they do the job well since iv only owned this bike since may and its summertime and they work well in the dry, but yh german quality to me is always best UK quality is okay in my mind but living here has told me other wise on the quality of craftsmenship here

10. #20 Re: My new Chinese Enduro Bike "M-Bike JL200GY-2C" 
    I would say that up till the earliest version the engines were all manufactured in Japan, then after that manufactured in other regions factories, those engines sold only in certain markets under the Honda name.

Since the model that were made in Japan stopped selling in the USA when the change occurred, your right they never sold any of the later engine in the USA, the previous versions were only offered in the 1980’s and they were all versions of the engine made in Japan.

Basically yours may be the exact same as the Honda and that is because your versions of the Honda have been coming out of China for the past decade or a factory in Thailand?

I wonder were the version with a six speed is made? Thanks for the information on the TA200 and its version that has a six speed gear box. I have never seen a Chinese version of it, it may be a Thai Honda?

Primary reduction : 3.090
    Gear Ratio, 1st : 2.545
    Gear Ratio, 2nd : 1.687
    Gear Ratio, 3rd : 1.280
    Gear Ratio, 4th : 1.041
    Gear Ratio, 5th : 0.903
    Gear Ratio, 6th : 0.814
    Final reduction is 3.154
    Last edited by MJH; 08-28-2011 at 01:06 PM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast