Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. #31 cone air filter for the motard? 
    C-Moto Noob
    thanks carl for the pipe thread,mabe i'll try that.but another thing i want to know if its possible to replace the stock air filter with a cone air filter? a friend put one on his monsoon scooter and it performed mutch better than it did before, i geuss its because the bikes breathes better. so any suggestions or tips would be apreciated on this. And thanks for the sweet site i allready reffered it some of my friends,keep up the good work

You can put a cone filter on just about anything but that doesn't mean it will perform better. The balance between air and fuel must be optimal and this usually means more air needs more fuel (i.e. larger jets, free-flow pipe, etc.).

As a result, don't look for huge gains by only changing one part of the system. All parts of the engine breathing (in and out) need to be changed and made to work in harmony or you may actually LOOSE power!

One thing you may get out of a cone filter is a meaner air-box sound though!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #33 Cone filters 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Not a good idea on engines equipped with CV type carbs. The airbox provides pressure differentials and a plenum chamber function that are essential for good all-round performance.
    On top of that the rear support for the carburettor disappears and it's left hanging from the rubber carb intake manifold, stressing this component and subjecting the fuel in the float chamber to vibration induced aeration and frothing. If your carb fits securely to a solid manifold, this doesn't apply.

The sound is not that pleasant, a sort of sharp hollow moan.
    I've tried this on my Qingqi and it lost all the low and medium speed driveability and had to replace the air box.
    An improvement could be made by changing the foam filter element within the airbox to a better quality freer breathing sort.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

C-Moto Noob
    thanks for the tips and coments on the cone air filter idea. u guys help alot
    So carl i saw that new prototype from qingqi i think it was called a rock something.. i really love that idea but a street figther headlight would look awsome with the bike

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    so here's my first post

I just got a SuperMoto 200GY - 2008 from a trade with a car for $2000 (regular price $2550), actually this is my first bike, at least the first I got to ride because I had another that I bought to build but it never got out of the shop and I sold it for parts.

Anyway, so far I only went to the market and a couple of arrons, but it feels so good. I'm planning to use it to go work and save on gas, once I get the license.

Thank you for the coments and recommendations especially to Forchetto and CrazyCarl, before I made the trade I came here and made the decision base in your comments. It was a good deal I think because I also got a set of mountain wheels besides the street ones, and other extras. Soon I'll post some photos as soon as I finish the modifications

Again thank you all!!!!

Glad to see you're enjoying the bike! Please be extra careful in your fist one or two years! Oh and... post a lot of pics!!!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

7. #37 Re: Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard 
    C-Moto Noob
    I live in Honduras and recently purchased a KMF ZX200. I was tried to research it before I got it but never found any info. until now. It was great to read but it looks like the last posts were in 2008. So far it seems fine for getting around in town. Not a lot of power but have got a lot further to go before it's broken in. Maybe then it will feel stronger. I saw where someone posted they just finished a 5000K trip. I was concerned about maybe going a couple hundred miles on mine. With the mountains here I'm not sure I'd try it. Here the asking price is over $1,800. I was able to negotiate a better price, but under the Genesis brand it can be had for about $1,050. I wish I had found this Forum before I purchased. I' love to hear from other riders. Email if you are near Tegu.

8. #38 Re: Qingqi QM200GY-BA spokes and sprocket bolts. 
    Hi,

Does anyone know what oil filter I need for a Qingqi QM125 and where it is on the bike? Im in Spain so any local references would be great.
    Thanks in advance.

9. #39 Re: Qingqi QM200GY-BA spokes and sprocket bolts. 
    Quote Originally Posted by SpanishFlame View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone know what oil filter I need for a Qingqi QM125 and where it is on the bike? Im in Spain so any local references would be great.
    Thanks in advance.
    This may help if you follow the thread!
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...PDF-%282008%29

10. #40 Re: Qingqi QM200GY-BA spokes and sprocket bolts. 
    Quote Originally Posted by SpanishFlame View Post
    Hi,

Thanks in advance.
    Suzuki Geniune parts # 16510-05240 OR compatible from other brands: Hiflo HF131

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast