Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard 
    Is this a Q-Link Model? Great info here...(won't spill to much about me) but I've been in the Chinese Powersport Industry for a few years and it reminds me of the Japanese bikes back in late 60's early 70's trying to figure out "moto-cross" bikes! The Chinese bikes have made great strides, but still have a very long way to go.....Best of luck and keep up the good info.

2. #2 Qingqi qm200GY-B(A) 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    The original maker is JINAN QINGQI, model QM200GY-BA (also known as qm200gy-b(a) ) for the supermotard version.

Also made by an outfit known as Shandong Pioneer and called XF200GY-B this is some sort of subsidiary of the main factory.

In USA it's the QLINK XF200 Supermoto and they're located in Grapevine,Texas, web site http://www.qlinkmotor.com/contact.php

In Brasil it's called a STX 200 Motard Sundown

In the UK it appears as:

Pulse Adrenaline
    Sinnis Apache QM200GY
    and Superbyke RMR200

In Chile/Colombia QMT200 or GXT Euromot
    In Honduras Genesis Supermoto or KMF
    In Spain it's marketed by Qingqi importer direct or I-moto as a Tiger sm 125
    In Turkey it's a Ramzey QM200GY
    In Checkoslovakia it's a YUKI 250 SM
    In Russia it's called QINGQI DRAGON 200 SUPERMOTO
    In France Hooper SMR
    In Germany it's imported by the prestigious Kreidler as a Supermoto 125 DD
    In Australia Arqin motorcycles RT200SM
    In Sweden they call it a TMS Supermotard 200cc
    In the Ukraine its a SkyMoto Dragon-200
    In the Philippines it's a SINSKY Motard 200R
    Last edited by forchetto; 07-25-2008 at 06:15 PM.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Thanks for your effort forchetto......you're welcome
    Last edited by forchetto; 07-20-2008 at 07:46 PM.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

4. #4 Thanks Forchetto 
    That nails it for me...I do Appreciate your help!!!
    Thanks again.

Survivor of a Close Call MotoDrunken's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by forchetto View Post
    The original maker is JINAN QINGQI, model QM200GY-BA (also known as qm200gy-b(a) ) for the supermotard version.

Also made by an outfit known as Shandong Pioneer and called XF200GY-B this is some sort of subsidiary of the main factory.

In USA it's the QLINK XF200 Supermoto and they're located in Grapevine,Texas, web site http://www.qlinkmotor.com/contact.php

In Brasil it's called a STX 200 Motard Sundown

In the UK it appears as:

Pulse Adrenaline
    Sinnis Apache QM200GY
    and Superbyke RMR200

In Chile/Colombia QMT200 or GXT Euromot
    In Spain it's marketed by Qingqi importer direct or I-moto as a Tiger sm 125
    In Turkey it's a Ramzey QM200GY
    In Checkoslovakia it's a YUKI 250 SM
    In Russia it's called QINGQI DRAGON 200 SUPERMOTO
    In France Hooper SMR
    In Germany it's imported by the prestigious Kreidler as a Supermoto 125 DD
    In Australia Arqin motorcycles RT200SM
    In Sweden they call it a TMS Supermotard 200cc
    In the Ukraine its a SkyMoto Dragon-200
    Hi! I am new to the forum. I live in Honduras and recently bought a 200 SuperMotard made by Qingqi. Here in Honduras there are two importers, The biggest one is also the official importer of YAMAHA; the other one is a small importer who also runs a Moto Shop. This bike is named here Genesis SuperMoto and KMF by its respective importers, and differs only in color and decoration between them. I have only ridden it (The Genesis one) to the extent of 300 km by far, and am really pleased with it. The only problem I had is probably my fault: I was in the process of changing the original handlebar (which I advise, in terms of getting more strength from a reputable aftermarket firm) when I noticed that the little pin of the switch in the left lever bracket (clutch lever) was missing, so, that device that prevents you from starting it in gear without disengaging the clutch is rendered useless. I should have checked that in the sales room prior to choosing that particular bike, due the fact that the electrical componentes have no warranty. But, so far, I do not feel hindered by it because I hope I will never attempt to start it in gear. I have read mostly good reports in some forums about it, but also some horror stories about broken third gear, broken sprocket screws and loose spokes. Any of you have any experience about those subjects? A very good mechanic of my aquaintance also told me that some times that things happen, in his own experience. Sorry for a message so long in my first attempt. A friendly salute to you all. Keep the wheel side up!:
    Last edited by MotoDrunken; 07-25-2008 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Grammar correction

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoDrunken View Post
    I have read mostly good reports in some forums about it, but also some horror stories about broken third gear, broken sprocket screws and loose spokes. Any of you have any experience about those subjects? A very good mechanic of my aquaintance also told me that some times that things happen, in his own experience.
    That clutch cut-out switch is of a very weak design, don't think they will last too long on the harsh conditions in a bike.

One of the reasons I bought this bike was the absence of the usual Horror stories in forums and review sites concerning Chinese bikes. I only ever found one case of a chap that sent the bike back to the dealer because a total oil loss caused by a loose engine mount???, wrecked his piston, cylinder and camshaft.
    I have had a couple of loose spokes, and have had to retighten some engine support bolts, and a few light spots of rust in things like the brackets that are attached to the petrol tank for anchoring the seat, side "wings", etc. Otherwise I'm happy with the quality so far, it runs well and handles like Maradona...
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey i live in Colombia South America and im about to get a QM200GY, bu i have a doubt... thing is they advertise the bike here as if it had 18 hp, but everywhere i look on the web i see qingqi says it has arround 15, the sales manager here says, they have a special version, because they simply asked qingqi to make the bike that way for our country... CAN THAT REALLY BE TRUE???

Thx in advanced... and great article mate =)

PS: The name here is QMT200, and is over 3000 dollars... dang

Quote Originally Posted by MotoDrunken View Post
    I have read mostly good reports in some forums about it, but also some horror stories about broken third gear, broken sprocket screws and loose spokes. Any of you have any experience about those subjects?:
    I just returned from a 5000 kilometer trip on the the QM200GY DualSport version. Overall, a pretty reliable machine with a couple minor problems . #1 The spokes and the rear sprocket must be checked every 1000 kilometers. If the spokes get loose, you may end up sheering the bolts off the rear sprocket. I had to purchase an entire rear wheel assembly. Should have checked spoke tension more often. #2 The stator failed during the trip and would not put out enough electricity to charge the battery. I'm going to try and find a Suzuki DR200 OEM Stator to replace the original. Other than that, a great little machine!

Cheers
    ChinaV

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by posadajulian View Post
    Hey i live in Colombia South America and im about to get a QM200GY, bu i have a doubt... thing is they advertise the bike here as if it had 18 hp, but everywhere i look on the web i see qingqi says it has arround 15, the sales manager here says, they have a special version, because they simply asked qingqi to make the bike that way for our country... CAN THAT REALLY BE TRUE???
    The only thing I can think of is that for South America you might not need the emissions gear that the European bikes have. For example mine has an oxidation Catalyser inside the muffler, and the exhaust pipe close to the head has a port for a SAI (secondary air injection). Both could reduce the power to about the 15.4 HP they advertise in Europe.
    As the engine comes from a Suzuki DR200 and that makes about 20HP, I wonder what other things have changed, for example, the carburettor in Europe is 28mm, but the Suzuki's is 31 mm. Do you know what size carb is used in South America?.
    Last edited by forchetto; 07-26-2008 at 05:51 AM.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

10. #10 Qingqi QM200GY-BA spokes and sprocket bolts. 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    #1 The spokes and the rear sprocket must be checked every 1000 kilometers. If the spokes get loose, you may end up sheering the bolts off the rear sprocket. I had to purchase an entire rear wheel assembly. Should have checked spoke tension more often. #2 The stator failed during the trip and would not put out enough electricity to charge the battery. I'm going to try and find a Suzuki DR200 OEM Stator to replace the original. Other than that, a great little machine!
    Two posts in the same thread by different folks that mention loose spokes and sprocket bolt failure... This is too much of a coincidence.
    I have found one or two spokes loose, but was happy to see Qingqi using bent-over tab washers for security of the sprocket bolts. Of course this is no good if the steel is of poor quality.
    I will be changing them for some high tensile steel items, grade 10.9 or better. (Hardware comes in grades according to its material and tensile strengh. The grades are: 4.6, 4.8, 5.8, 8.8, 9.8, 10.9, and 12.9. Ordinary stuff like mudguards and the like usually have the 5.8 grade, whilst suspension and transmission items should have 8.8 or better). Good concise guide about bolts here: http://www.qldcorvetteclub.com.au/te...talk/bolts.htm

Thanks for the warning on that.

We need 6x M8x30 mm High-tensile bolts, but can re-use the security tab washers:

We all know that turning on lights, etc, puts extra load on the engine, but most bike engines have sufficient torque at idle and don't even notice this. The Qingqi is peculiar in that switching on the headlight at idle makes the engine slow down by some 200-300 revs...this could have something to do with the poor stator, as you say.
    Another clue is that the regulator (just in front of the petrol tank on the right) runs very hot, even though it is in a superb place to receive plenty of cooling air. Just put your hand in the fins after a run.
    Any heat in a regulator device is a loss and the Qingqi one is running at a poor level of efficiency.

If you do find a DR200 stator, could you give us the part number?. This is to be able to walk into the Suzuki dealer, with head held high and ask for the correct item straight away. If not, the question will be: What bike, year, etc is it for?. When you answer "qingqi" they either fall about laughing, or their expression goes blank.
    Last edited by forchetto; 07-26-2008 at 08:00 PM.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast