Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. #41 Re: Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoDrunken View Post
    Hi! I am new to the forum. I live in Honduras and recently bought a 200 SuperMotard made by Qingqi. Here in Honduras there are two importers, The biggest one is also the official importer of YAMAHA; the other one is a small importer who also runs a Moto Shop. This bike is named here Genesis SuperMoto and KMF by its respective importers, and differs only in color and decoration between them. I have only ridden it (The Genesis one) to the extent of 300 km by far, and am really pleased with it. The only problem I had is probably my fault: I was in the process of changing the original handlebar (which I advise, in terms of getting more strength from a reputable aftermarket firm) when I noticed that the little pin of the switch in the left lever bracket (clutch lever) was missing, so, that device that prevents you from starting it in gear without disengaging the clutch is rendered useless. I should have checked that in the sales room prior to choosing that particular bike, due the fact that the electrical componentes have no warranty. But, so far, I do not feel hindered by it because I hope I will never attempt to start it in gear. I have read mostly good reports in some forums about it, but also some horror stories about broken third gear, broken sprocket screws and loose spokes. Any of you have any experience about those subjects? A very good mechanic of my aquaintance also told me that some times that things happen, in his own experience. Sorry for a message so long in my first attempt. A friendly salute to you all. Keep the wheel side up!:
    IN HONDURAS:
    I just took my KMY ZX200 in for the 1,500 km checkup on tuesday. I noticed some spokes loose on the rear wheel and asked them to check them. On Friday I was riding and had a blowout on the rear wheel at speed. It was a little nerve racking but got it stopped okay. One of the spokes had come loose and went down into the rim, bursting the tube, The end of the spoke that attaches to the hub was the only piece (approx. 1 inch) that was not down inside the rim. Since rims and tubes are not under warranty, I expect I will have to pay for this. Does not seen right to me, but am glad to be alive!

2. #42 Re: Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard 
    Quote Originally Posted by rmortonjr View Post
    Does not seen right to me, but am glad to be alive!
    Glad you're alive and this didn't cause bigger problems for you. One thing you will read over and over on this site is the spoke issue and how it can destroy your rim, cause flats, and eventually make your sprocket fall off. Take a little time and check all the sprocket bolts and spokes on a regular basis. Remember that tightening a spoke is opposite of what you think. Usually if the spoke is loose, you need to tighten the spoke on the other side of the rim to make the loose one tighten correctly. Search the web for "how to lace a spoke wheel" to see the correct way.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

3. #43 Re: Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Just purchased a Qingqi (Konker SM200 in Canada), motard. The front wheel is 17"x2.5". I was thinking of putting on a 3.00x17 Shinko 244 tire. Any thoughts on the wheel being too wide for this particular tire?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345