Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 QingQi shop(s) in Beijing 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hello everyone,

some weeks ago I heard of a dealer for QingQi (dirt) bikes in Beijing. If I remember correctly, the person, who I heard it from, said, it would be outside the East 5th ring road.

Does anybody know this dealer or could tell me about other QingQi dealers in and around Beijing? I'm specifically interested in the QM200GY and/or QM250GY.

Many thanks! :)

Xiaofei

2. #2 Re: QingQi shop(s) in Beijing 
    C-Moto Regular
    Hi Xiaofei,

There is a shop on the south fourth ring road called qili i think... search around on the forums and you will probably find more information on it. Both the bikes you mentioned are good rides, however as of right now both cannot be registered in Beijing due to the new China 3 emissions standards. Not sure if u want to be legal or not, but if yes these bikes are not for you [yet].
    Beijing: 2008 125cc Qingqi

3. #3 Re: QingQi shop(s) in Beijing 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi GJN,

Thanks for your reply and the good hint on the Qili shop!

Actually, I didn’t find anything about this shop in the forum, so on Sunday I took my R9 all across the city to find it. I first went to the bike shop in 吕营大街 (Don’t know their name).

From there a nice fellow, who knew it, brought me to the Qili shop. It’s close to 旧宫 subway stop at the intersection of 旧宫东路 and 小红门路。 There are actually three stores, if I remember correctly. From the outside it looks like there are even more, but inside they are connected as one showroom.

Because they didn’t have my desired bike in the showroom, I asked the girl in charge for the QM200/250 and she replied that they currently have delivery problems. It could take 1-2 months to get new bikes. :(

Afterwards I went to Xiao Yang’s shop in 平房乡, and he told me the same. The QingQi factory would currently only produce the fourth generation of the QM200, and deliveries would be very slow. He estimated to be able to get the third generation again in 2 months…

Besides Weifengtang or Taobao, is there any place, where I could get that bike? Best would be, if I could test drive it, while I still want to avoid buying second hand – too many disappointments. ;-)

Regarding the emission standards – which leads to the topic of legal plates: as many other riders I am also torn between the legal and insured safety and the 麻烦-free, unbureaucratic 加油牌-“solution”. Anyways, I would not want to start a bigger discussion on that topic, as opinions are diverse on this.

Any further help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Xiaofei

4. #4 Re: QingQi shop(s) in Beijing 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Xiaofei, and anyone else who is keen for a fresh Qingqi,

It seems pretty clear now that the supply of Qingqis has dried up in advance of the launch (finally) of their C3-compliant models, which Xiaofei has referred to here as "fourth generation". I'd be leery of claims that the third generation bikes will again be available if they are not C3 compliant, and if Qingqi indeed does launch C3 models, why would they sell C2 models that presumably cannot be registered (unless they are just targeting the gullible to clear out their old stock).

This now seems to be the second or third indication that the C3 models are coming in late 2011, i.e., November. OK, there's still another month or two remaining in this riding season, so I feel your pain, but honestly I'd counsel patience. Surely Qingqi (and others) are feeling tons of internal pressure to resume shipment of bikes that can be legally registered inside the GFW.

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

5. #5 Re: QingQi shop(s) in Beijing 
    C-Moto Regular
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...highlight=qili

this is a decent list of where to buy moto stuff in bj. thank LJH.
    Beijing: 2008 125cc Qingqi