First of all; thanks to My china Moto for a great initiativ.

I've been living in China for four years, but just arrived here in Beijing. I've been driving a 150 cc Honda Fighthawk in Haikou City kHainan Island for three years and I have the Chinese driving license for Motorbikes and Cars.

Now I'm here in Beijing, and I'm a bit lost how to proceed. I would really like to buy a 250 cc streetbike, but there seem to be an issue here with plates. Jing A, Jing B and so on.

I checked out a page called www.beijingriders.com, but found that the price range for the bikes were about 2000 over the prices that I'm used to, and the price for a Jing A plate was 21.000 RMB(I found the price to be around 12.000 RMB on another link).

I have some basic questions and I really hope that some of you experienced guy's can help me out with some clear answers:

1. What is the difference between Jing A and Jing B when it comes to were you can drive legally? (I read that Jing A could get you so far as to the second ring road with some restictions. Is this true, and are the restricted areas many?)

2. What is the price for Jing A?

3. Where can you buy Jing A?

4. Is there a special period the Jing A plates are valid, or is it infinit?

5. Can you sell the Jing A plates when you don't need them anymore?

6. Is there a place in Beijing where there are a lot of bikestores and many choices(like a motorcity)? Are there any honest dealers were you can buy motorbikes and plates to fair prices, and that does the registrationproceedure for you?

I really want to get a bike here, and will do so if there is a way not too complecated and that will let me drive through the main parts of the city. Hope you can help me-) Thanks a lot.

Esten