Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: The first two Jialing Jh600(B) are now in Europe!!!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Dear Kot,

There's a ton of information on this bike here in MCM. Here are all the threads with JH600 in the title...

cheers!
    Thanks, I will have to read other post on this bike even this bike will never import to my area. She is really nice.
    Kot
    Current bike....2011 M-Bike JL200GY-2C
    New Hobby: Photograph with Sony A500 + Minolta 50/1.4 - 28/2.8 - Zoom 80-200 APO G NEX5n + Most vintage German manual lenses i.e. Carl Zeiss Jena, Schneider Kreutznach, Enna Munchen, ISCO Gottingen, Steinheil, Voigtlander, Paxatte Staeble, Elmar & Elmarit, Meyer Gorlitz, Roeschlein Kreuznach, Rollei, Edixa, Pentacon, Schacht Ulm, Exakta, and enjoy life

2. #12 Re: The first two Jialing Jh600(B) are now in Europe!!!!! 
    C-Moto Senior
    Fan Peisheng (范配圣), the CJ750 repair guy in Honggu Lu who helps Liu with JH600 service.
    we checked with him a while ago, he can not register the JH600B sidecar rigs in Shanghai, ride safe, PAL

3. #13 Re: The first two Jialing Jh600(B) are now in Europe!!!!! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob Bart Sanders's Avatar
    And here are some pics of my first ride-out with our brand new Jialing JH600 in black finish.

Question: is there one type of finish-design each year? Personally I like the black one with silver colored frame even better. But, I guess we have to take what is put into the crate....

It was only a short drive to test everything before we go to the road licensing authority tomorrow. But, the first 30km are on the clock and it drives nice. Good handling and easy gear-switching. The engine sounds a bit rough, but it revs up good up to the allowed 4.500 max. during breaking in.

Regards!

Bart Sanders

IMAGE_00020.jpgIMAGE_00022.jpgIMAGE_00021.jpgIMAGE_00023.jpg

4. #14 Re: The first two Jialing Jh600(B) are now in Europe!!!!! 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Hi Bart - your black bike is a popular color choice. Here are a couple of pics of mine.

These side boxes are made in China, retailing with mounts for about 400 Euros. Good quality, except for the locks. Also available in black (a bit more expensive), and also available in a thin profile (less capacity) for a bit less money.

The top box is a popular Chinese brand (Adlo). Retails for about 15 Euros. Lockable, and plastic hinges. Average Chinese quality.

The hand guards are plastic with a strong aluminum frame. Finished with the "carbon fiber look" they match the black/silver JH600. Retails for about 8 Euros.

Good luck with your inspection / licensing.

My JH600 also ran a bit rough during break-in. Runs ok now with 6000 kms.

5. #15 Re: The first two Jialing Jh600(B) are now in Europe!!!!! 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Bart,

Your Jialing looks right at home on a lovely Dutch country road. By the way, where do you go to find mountain roads in Holland?

Can't wait to see the B in the civilized Dutch wild!

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

6. #16 Re: The first two Jialing Jh600(B) are now in Europe!!!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Sanders View Post
    Question: is there one type of finish-design each year?
    It seems that there have been three color choices since the beginning: red, blue or black. One MCM member has a military flat green JH600, but that seems to be a one-off.

Pre-2010, the bike's graphics have been solid lines. 2010 and beyond have the spotted graphics like yours. The 2011 JH600 apparently has an added "A" to the side cover (it now reads JH600-A), but that also might not be standardized. Jailing seems to have some unique customization features. My 2010 JH600, for example, has a large Jailing brand name on its windscreen, but I have not seen that on other 2010 models.

Here is a pic of my "B". I had the bucket's windscreen custom made (about 80 Euros). It is a thick plexiglass, molded to shape. Works very well, but I would make a few adjustments if I was to do it again.

The bucket's side step was also custom made (about 10 Euros in chrome). This is a very good option for the passenger, as bucket entry/exit can be awkward without it.

Finally, I mounted large wind protectors over my grips. These large protectors are popular in China. They provide protection from wind (good when cold, bad when hot), but little hand protection in a fall-over (not a concern with the B). A big problem with these large hand protectors on the B is that the right-side grip deflects wind directly onto the head of the bucket passenger. For that reason, as well as my personal preference for the wind cooling my hands on hot days, I have removed them.

7. #17 Re: The first two Jialing Jh600(B) are now in Europe!!!!! 
    C-Moto Guru
    Congratulations on the new bikes. Get some spare swing arm rubbers, or have some better quality ones reproduced! My bike has almost 23.000 km on it now, I know through the dealer that the previous owner replaced it once already. I have already replaced it twice now, so the bike is on its 4th rubber now. Here a picture of the previous one I replaced:

You're joking right Euphonius, mountains in The Netherlands! There's a hill of 323 meters in my province, that's the highest location in our country! One will need to head to Germany/Belgium to find something that resembles a mountain.
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

8. #18 Re: The first two Jialing Jh600(B) are now in Europe!!!!! 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Barry,

Unbelievable that you've swapped out your swingarm rubber four times! But equally unbelievable that you've long surpassed 20k km!

In all seriousness, the swingarm rubber is a real hazard, as Motokai knows best. His came free at speed somewhere on Shanghai's Inner Ring Road, and apparently got sucked through the small space where the chain goes around the engine sprocket. Had it jammed in there, causing the back wheel to lock, the outcome could have been far worse than the momentary shock that Motokai received. Fortunately he's a good bike handler and kept it upright.

Our after-sales support guys have taken to supergluing the rubber in place, but that's a suboptimal kludge and something I hope Jialing's designers are taking seriously. Yeah, right.

One minor annotation to Lao Jia Huo's mention of the Tourfella panniers. They apparently are no longer available in black. Du Rui said it was a difficult and costly process to do, with a lot of material wasted. He did suggest wrapping them in that self-adhesive carbon fiber wrap (碳纤维贴纸)...

As for inclines, perhaps climbing from many meters below sea level up to merely sea level, not to mention several hundred meters above, is, well, better than no incline at all! Enjoy the scenery!

cheers!
    Last edited by euphonius; 09-02-2011 at 01:26 AM.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #19 Re: The first two Jialing Jh600(B) are now in Europe!!!!! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob Bart Sanders's Avatar
    By the way, where do you go to find mountain roads in Holland?
    Hi Euphonius, are you suggesting that we do not have hills in The Netherlands????

True, almost.

Some 70 km to the south from where we live there is a very nice landscape with long rolling hills building the start of the Ardennes and it's still Holland! From there you drive into the Ardennes in Belgium or into the Eifel in Germany, all within say a 50 km radius. The Ardennes become real - though very old and so flat - mountains when you drive 100 or even 150 km further south.

But, our own hills are big and cover a wide area to find many, many nice roads on the slopes, occasionaly even with serpentines!

Have a look!

Regards and by the way: our Jialing JH600 solo was licensed today for road use without any problems! Next step is the JH600B.

05-1031-Bart-5578.jpgIM006051.jpg07-1008-Bart-1003.jpg

10. #20 Re: The first two Jialing Jh600(B) are now in Europe!!!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Sanders View Post
    Next step is the JH600B.

That's where my curiosity lays. Hope it gets plates without problem. Good luck!

PS: I recall seeing plenty of "mountains" in Amsterdam. Comparatively, China is the land of pimples and flat hills. Oh wait, what are you talking about?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast