Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Jialing JH-150GY-3 impressions 
    Saw your review, and I should have put a link to here for the Haitian-based starter of that thread to see the reviews. If we need an extra good word for Jialing 150 enduros, we should look no further than our own 'Crazy Carl.' Buy and watch his video of him riding throughout China. Couldn't get a better endorsement than that!

2. #22 Re: Jialing JH-150GY-3 impressions 
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1..._u=jj9kt2665d3

will that work fine on my JH150? did anyone try to do it?
    Could someone reccomend me a place where I could ask to check my bike before the holidays? like chain brakes and other things?
    cheers

ah ok , they did

http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/t_17030311_6.htm
    JH-150GY-3

3. #23 Re: Jialing JH-150GY-3 impressions 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Would it be possible to retrofit an oil filter somewhere?
    I've seen kits for Hondas that might work, but it's not needed. There really isn't anything floating around in there. Millions of sm. displacement bikes don't use a filter.
    You will be better off spending the money on a high quality motorcycle oil and changing it every 1000 to 2000 miles[depending on useage].

4. #24 Re: Jialing JH-150GY-3 impressions 
    @Fahni, I ve met some chinese riders, they showed me a motorcycle garage, I've met the boss, they said it will be cheap and good. I'm going to have my bike checked on wendesday propably if you want to join. I've bought the sparkplug its NGK brand 4929 DPR8EA-9 if you want to find it on taobao. In the shop it was 55y. The guy in the garage said there is a Jialing factory near his shop so he can easily get the inner tubes also.

It's called Two wheels clan, anyone knows it?
    Last edited by filipu; 09-23-2011 at 02:29 AM.
    JH-150GY-3

5. #25 Re: Jialing JH-150GY-3 impressions 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Appearently, this model is very popular in S. America. It's known as the Guerrero GXL125/150.Here is a link to a very long thread about this model,

http://www.psicofxp.com/forums/en-do...gxl-125-a.html

I read the whole thing and the general consences is that it's a great bike. Some riders report 30,000Km to 40000 Km with no problems.
    Changing the sprockets is the most popular mod and one rider, who races the bike, reported a top speed of 115 Km/Hr. I believe it, these engines rev like there is no tomorrow.
    Adding a slip on muffler is the next popular mod, one rider reporting an increase of 10 Km/Hr with a pipe and rejet. Wishful thinking perhaps, but my bike will pull 10,000 RPM stock and feels like the stock carb is holding it back at that point. I'm think about trying a pipe and a larger carb and shooting for 11,000 RPM. I thinking this little powerhouse can do it.

6. #26 Re: Jialing JH-150GY-3 impressions 
    JH-150GY-3

7. #27 Re: Jialing JH-150GY-3 impressions 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by filipu View Post
    Not sure what the currency is in Urugay, but riders reported that the GXL 125/150's were around $1500 U.S. new.
    I payed $1350 here in Nicaragua, $500 to $600 less than a new 200.
    BTW, One owner converted the power output of the 125cc OHC Jialing to H.P. and came up with 11.5 hp @ 9,5000 rpm. Sounds about right to me.

8. #28 Re: Jialing JH-150GY-3 impressions 
    The Brazilian commercial

9. #29 Re: Jialing JH-150GY-3 impressions 
    While Filipu is still on the road somewhere between Xi'an and Beijing, I want to share my experiences after my first multi-day tour.

I will wirite a RR seperately, so this is only about how the JH-150GY-3 held up. We were riding two up from Beijing to Qinhuangdao/Shanhaiguan with a total distance of around 820 km in four days. Did expressways, small mountain roads as well as nice and terrible Guodaos. The little blue wonder held up fine with only minor problems, one loose rear mirror (after we made contact with a car when maneuvering through a traffic jam) and my air-horn (non-stock) fell off, probably because of vibrations. Some electrical gremlins: sometimes the brake light was on even when the light switch was turned off. Other than that: no problems. I put around 2700 km on the clock so far and can only reccommend the bike to eveyone. The only problem I still have is my rear brake disk but I will have it changed today.

@motomech: smaller sprocket seems to be a very obvious mod. What are we talking about? two teeth less? 115 km/h should be easy. I pushed it to >100 in stock configuration. But then the bike does not feel very safe anymore... I don't understand what you mean with a slip-on muffler and increase in speed. But that might be as much due to not being a native english speaker as to my lack of mechanical understanding...
    ------------------------------
    JH-150GY-3

10. #30 Re: Jialing JH-150GY-3 impressions 

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast