Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: My CB400SF Version S 
    Hi, in my area this CB400 /s/Vtec 1-2-3 are very famous.
    I ride once and like a lot, final I select CB750 year 2003 instead.
    Some pic CB400 after rebuild

Current bike....2011 M-Bike JL200GY-2C
    New Hobby: Photograph with Sony A500 + Minolta 50/1.4 - 28/2.8 - Zoom 80-200 APO G NEX5n + Most vintage German manual lenses i.e. Carl Zeiss Jena, Schneider Kreutznach, Enna Munchen, ISCO Gottingen, Steinheil, Voigtlander, Paxatte Staeble, Elmar & Elmarit, Meyer Gorlitz, Roeschlein Kreuznach, Rollei, Edixa, Pentacon, Schacht Ulm, Exakta, and enjoy life

2. #22 Re: My CB400SF Version S 
    Oh yeah! I rode a blue CB400 in Thailand for a month rental, perfect bike for me on those roads. CB750 engine is more powerful, but you don't really need it.

3. #23 Re: My CB400SF Version S 
    C-Moto Guru
    Kot, what are those 4 bikes at the bottom of your post? They appear to have fairrings (sp?), plastic bits added to the top and bottom of the engine. The last one on the bottom left has a mono shock. Is it also a modified CB400?

4. #24 Re: My CB400SF Version S 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Oh yeah! I rode a blue CB400 in Thailand for a month rental, perfect bike for me on those roads. CB750 engine is more powerful, but you don't really need it.
    Hi, CB400 is the right size for Naked bike. You can travel good into the traffic and off city.
    CB750 has 75 HP + 5 speed gear give a good torque at low RPM, with travelling speed of 110 km I use only 4500 rpm.
    But with CB400 engine rev is too high.

More, change engine from CBX750 which produce 91 HP with 6 speed gear!!!! and more fun to ride. The spec said Top speed 245 KM.
    Fastest I rode was 140 Km/hrs Ahhhhhh... (having more hp and not using is better than want to use and dont have)
    Most body part I can use from CB400.

I started with this bike last year NSR150SP with 39 HP

This is my current bike

This pic when I first got the bike and put some beauty parts

New Hobby: Photograph with Sony A500 + Minolta 50/1.4 - 28/2.8 - Zoom 80-200 APO G NEX5n + Most vintage German manual lenses i.e. Carl Zeiss Jena, Schneider Kreutznach, Enna Munchen, ISCO Gottingen, Steinheil, Voigtlander, Paxatte Staeble, Elmar & Elmarit, Meyer Gorlitz, Roeschlein Kreuznach, Rollei, Edixa, Pentacon, Schacht Ulm, Exakta, and enjoy life

5. #25 Re: My CB400SF Version S 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuhaus View Post
    Kot, what are those 4 bikes at the bottom of your post? They appear to have fairrings (sp?), plastic bits added to the top and bottom of the engine. The last one on the bottom left has a mono shock. Is it also a modified CB400?

Hi,

Under Engine fairing and side cover are copy from JP spec. See below
    Pro-Arm is also very famous. This one should take from VFR400 (NC30) or Bros 400/600

6. #26 Re: My CB400SF Version S 
    I like my bikes like I like my women, that is to say "Naked"

I really don't like fairing, it doesn't suit a CB.

@Kot, my CB400 has 6 gears and I've taken it over 140km/h but it's too scary to ride high speeds on China's roads... :P you're right about the high revs, the bike is very smooth at low revs, but if you really want it to be nippy and responsive you have to hit the higher revs... it can be scary sometimes

P.S I'd love a CB750, but I'm more than happy with my 400.. it's one of the biggest bikes around in China :)

7. #27 Re: My CB400SF Version S 
    C-Moto Guru
    Thanks Kot. I agree with Serpentza that the bike looks better without fairings but I think the windshield would be a real asset on a CB400. Over 100 the wind gets pretty nasty, at 140 it's very difficult to cope with. I have heard that the CB400 with Vtec 2 can get up to 180, but it sure as hell wasn't me driving it.

I've driven one with really good dual rear shocks, very smooth ride. Not sure if I understand the appeal of modding it to a monoshock unless it's for weight or perhaps racing. I've seen a couple of Honda Bros in Zhejiang and was very impressed with those too. CB400 seems to be more pervasive around here though.

8. #28 Re: My CB400SF Version S 
    You are absolutely correct....."Naked" is the answer.
    That is the main reason I did not take "CBR"
    CB750 has Air Cool + Oil Cool + Hydrolic tappet valve....maintenance free.......unlike CB1/CB400 using LC + Adjustable valve, more to maintain.

Add a small clear sheild on the head lamp, less wind on your shoulder and helmet. More stable at higher speed.
    Use a good sport-touring tyre. I use Metzeler M3 up front 120/60/17. Rear I use Dunlop KB510 150/60/17 and not up to my satisfy.
    M3 or M5 is much better at the similar price. Dont use Touring style tyre, and No need to use sport or sport-track tyre.

9. #29 Re: My CB400SF Version S 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentza View Post
    400.. it's one of the biggest bikes around in China :)
    BMW, Benelli, Yamaha, Suzuki, HD, Ducati, etc... have BIG bikes available, legal to register in ML China. Ride safe, PAL

10. #30 Re: My CB400SF Version S 
    Quote Originally Posted by Pal View Post
    BMW, Benelli, Yamaha, Suzuki, HD, Ducati, etc... have BIG bikes available, legal to register in ML China. Ride safe, PAL
    Maybe up in Swanky Wanky Shanghai or other similar cities, but big bikes are like hen's teeth down in the fertile south

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast