Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 2011 pulse adrenaline rear shock faulty :-( 
    As per thread title guys, the rear shock is doing nothing at all, after only 2000 km, does anyone know the dimensions of the original so I can buy an uprated version off eBay?

Many thanks

James

2. #2 Re: 2011 pulse adrenaline rear shock faulty :-( 
    james,
    Have you contacted your dealer to whether its just a bad rear shock that can be changed under warrenty being a 11 plate it must still be in warranty.
    if your set on getting a uprated rear shock you will ahve to take the shock out do all the measurements and then find something suitable if not you might have to do a few tweaks to get it to fit and work efficently but on a 125 not allot of wieght being thrown around there, when i wanted to upgrade my rear shock i just deassembled it and added effectively a custom spacer/washer to get more stiffness in the damping.

Kennon

3. #3 Re: 2011 pulse adrenaline rear shock faulty :-( 
    Hi, thanks for the reply, I haven't spoken to the dealer yet as I only found it this morning, the warranty may be voided as I haven't had the bike serviced with an agent or had the book stamped,

The uprated version was more for future cover as I weigh 17st and the original shock/spring combo wasn't up to much.

James

4. #4 Re: 2011 pulse adrenaline rear shock faulty :-( 
    ahh im sure your dealer won't be too much of a bitch to deal with my dealer said to me do what ever you want to the bike mod it tune it and we'll make sure we deal with the warranty pretty good dealer aswell.
    but i do see your point now, when i was considering upgrading mine the mechanic at the dealership suggested contacting rear shock manufacturers for what was the best thing to do for weight and handling that sort of stuff and to try and get the best deal possible.

5. #5 Re: 2011 pulse adrenaline rear shock faulty :-( 
    I'll give em a try tomorrow, even if they offer a replacement at least I'll have a sample I can take some measurements off, until the shock comes off, I don't even know if there are any manufacturers markings on it.

James

6. #6 Re: 2011 pulse adrenaline rear shock faulty :-( 
    i doubt it'll be made from another manufacturer other than that pulses uses to produce the bike, olle is a good european brand really good damping especially on th bumpy stuff entially it seems really slodgy on standstill but it actually stiffens up when riding which does make the wooden plank of a seat on my bike unbearable when doing 70 miles in one day.
    maybe you should try playing around with the the preload if they supply a new shock for you.
    ofcourse the holy grail would be a ohlins rear shock but i dont want to think ab out how expensive that would be :/

Kennon

7. #7 Re: 2011 pulse adrenaline rear shock faulty :-( 
    The standard shock has no adjustment, except for spring preload, depending on the length of the original, there are a few pit bike shocks with adjustment and remote reservoirs, low priced too,

Ohlins is money no object stuff, kind of just need a bit better shock for not much money lol!
    I know what you mean about long rides, 119 miles is the longest, and the seat is not built for touring!

James

8. #8 Re: 2011 pulse adrenaline rear shock faulty :-( 
    i would advise against a pitbike shock as there not designed for such a heavy bike or for long usage and predominantly offroad use even on the hardest settings will still feel soft on your bike.

really i found the seat on the pulse's and sinnis' really comfy and cushioning compared to my bike when i was looking at getting a125 supermoto
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...hon-PRP-125-SM this is my bike

9. #9 Re: 2011 pulse adrenaline rear shock faulty :-( 
    I see what you mean about your seat, not much to cushion there, I've never seen one of that make before, sounds like it's making a lot of power compared to most learner legal 125s available?

I wasn't sure about the pit bike shocks, as I didn't know what kind of weight they could handle.

10. #10 Re: 2011 pulse adrenaline rear shock faulty :-( 
    aha its no longer learner legal had the air filter restrictor taken out at first service valves adjusted for better fuel intake, plus a illegal for road sue exhaust definitely not legal but having a full license means cops dont really take too much notice anymore plus runs better now at full power not being overly rich.
    yh not mayn people have heard of Rieju even though theyve been in the uk since the 70's i only heard about them 2 years ago when i was 16. iv raced my frineds WR125X same engine apart from fuel injection and just cained him all the way even with shorter gearing just so nice being able to beat a bike thats ment to be built better and sells for so much more when i get better forks rear shock and more power and a lower cost to buy i love my bike especially the number plate having both my intials and my parents country of origin.
    iv been contemplating a 180cc kit to get my bike up to the "200cc" spec bike but perhaps next year going to uni in oxford soon and they hate any form of transport with a engine so i'll just leave my bike to my dad to keep serviced until i return

i know superbyke are trying to get the 250 version of the sinnis apache suitable for uk use if they do the rear shock on that will be much better for heavier loads, i would generally look for a 250 shock if i was you making sure the dimensions are up to the job bearing in mind

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast