Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: 2011 pulse adrenaline rear shock faulty :-( 
    Wow, a lot of work in there! I've been looking at the 150 kit for mine, not much in the way of torque for a rider of my build,

Do you think any of the 200cc versions of the sinnis/pulse/superbyke would carry a heavier duty shock than mine?

2. #12 Re: 2011 pulse adrenaline rear shock faulty :-( 
    probably not as the bike was originally designed as china bike for chinese people and were not the heaviest people which was then fitted with the en125 head to meet learner requirements
    a 200cc bore would be a good boost in torque and power a extra 75cc instead of 25cc's

superbyke is actually built for by sinnis which is the UK name for the proper manufacturer Qingqi, pulse used to get this deal until sinnis told em enough was enough with the same bike so pulse baught the rights to there slightly different plastics sm and went to another factory and said build this for us but cheaper

3. #13 Re: 2011 pulse adrenaline rear shock faulty :-( 
    I see about the weight :-(

Didn't think the 200cc stuff would fit, maybe something to look out for.

May have to settle for a sinnis STD shock as they have pressure adjustment but the pulse ones don't?

4. #14 Re: 2011 pulse adrenaline rear shock faulty :-( 
    its the same bottom end just look at a Qingqi liger QM 200 same bottom or even a DR200 same parts everything Qingqi actually make OEM parts for suzuki's engines

on the sinnis shock its the same design that pulse copied so jsut preload adjustment on it very rare to find allot of adustment on a chinese built bike

5. #15 Re: 2011 pulse adrenaline rear shock faulty :-( 
    I knew some of the parts interchanged, so cylinder and piston would fit? Maybe different rod for longer stroke, probably carb too as I'm not confident in the mikunis ability!

The images of the pulse shock show a bare body, but the sinnis shock shows a fill nipple on the body, if the are the same the pulse one will have to do, unless one is a little better made than the other?

6. #16 Re: 2011 pulse adrenaline rear shock faulty :-( 
    yep bigger cylinder, piston will fit straight ont he crank casing, change the carb for sure for the bigger cc's some portuguese guy did a 150cc swap on here before i joined quite a interesting thread will have to dig it up sometime.
    your best bet for bore kit is here: http://www.chinesemotorcyclepartsonl...kes_RMR200.php
    sinnis is better built as told by mt delaer who sells both telling me you can tell that just by the body work a sinnis will fit correctly 9 out of 10 bikes but pulse's normally require spacers and washers to be attached to body work that should be snug. adjustment nipples are normally on gas reservoirs only to adjust the rebound

7. #17 Re: 2011 pulse adrenaline rear shock faulty :-( 
    A wealth of useful info, thanks for so much help and advice, I know it's not always easy to deal with noobs, especially noobs whose previous transport was 4 wheeled not 2!

I'm going to ring the dealer tomorrow and see what happens, I suppose STD working shock is better than STD broken shock eh?

I'll post up the result for sure as it will provide future reference for similar problems encountered by others in the future.

8. #18 Re: 2011 pulse adrenaline rear shock faulty :-( 
    no problem mate just ask if you need any advice, will be good to ehar what happens with your bike.

9. #19 Re: 2011 pulse adrenaline rear shock faulty :-( 
    spoke to the dealer today, no warranty replacement so i need to source a new shock,

thing is i need the dimensions of my original shock without having to remove it to get all the measurements.

or i need to find somewhere that will give me the specs if i ask nicely lol!

10. #20 Re: 2011 pulse adrenaline rear shock faulty :-( 
    ohh that sucks mate,
    iv seen just a new replacement one is £44
    hmm that website link isent you there real helpful when i was looking at dimensions for parts you could try E-mailing them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast