Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Introduction

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Introduction 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Keen enduro type rider and normally use non main stream bikes, Jawa/CZ, MZ's, CANAM's, Armstrongs, CCM's etc.

Strong interest in twin shock bikes.

Like the look of the Shineray XY200GY and interested in buying some.

Attended the Motorcycle EXPO at the NEC in February 2011 with a view to purchase 200cc (ish) road legal UK approved enduro's.

No joy, every thing inported into the UK appears to be 125cc or 250cc mono shock.

Can anybody point me in the right direction of UK/European inporters of 200cc/250cc twinn shock enduro type bikes.

Thank you.

2. #2 Re: Introduction 
    welcome apart from the Shineray long march your pretty much by your self looking for twin shocks in that kneck of the woods being 200cc a very niche market in the UK, plus importing one might be abit iffy as i was trying to get a Galaxy XTR 250 over here but no importer would touch it, could try the company that imports the Shineray 250 enduro/ supermoto but not sure what the company is called any more

Kennon,

3. #3 Re: Introduction 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennon View Post
    welcome apart from the Shineray long march your pretty much by your self looking for twin shocks in that kneck of the woods being 200cc a very niche market in the UK, plus importing one might be abit iffy as i was trying to get a Galaxy XTR 250 over here but no importer would touch it, could try the company that imports the Shineray 250 enduro/ supermoto but not sure what the company is called any more

Kennon,
    Thank you for your reply.

Good to hear from a fellow East Anglian.

I have spoken to and visited some of the UK importers, mixed responses to date.

I will publish a fully list of UK importers in due course.

I have seen a similar bike to the Shineray XY200GY-7 in the UK recently, but it was a demo set up for promotion work as the working bikes are shipped stright to South Africa from China.

I can get hold of 230cc air cooled engines (copies of Honda's) to upgrade the Shinerays.

At the moment I am unable to get hold of the bikes so I may have to recondition old Honda's.

4. #4 Re: Introduction 
    aha which part of the east anglia are you from?

hmm which brand are you using for the 223cc honda copy engines, zongshen, yinhe, shineray or jialing?
    i have seen jialing sell pretty much identical 200cc bike to that of the shineray Long march

5. #5 Re: Introduction 
    Welcome!!

6. #6 Re: Introduction 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennon View Post
    aha which part of the east anglia are you from?

hmm which brand are you using for the 223cc honda copy engines, zongshen, yinhe, shineray or jialing?
    i have seen jialing sell pretty much identical 200cc bike to that of the shineray Long march
    I have lived and worked in most parts of East Anglia normally Suffolk and Norfolk.

I now have moved slightly west to the Beds/Bucks area.

I have had a test ride on the Jialing 185 complete with side car and leading link front forks.

I do not know if Jialing import the 185cc model into the UK, the model I had the test ride on was for the African market. (steel tank similar to the original Honda's.

I would use the 230cc engine that STOMP use in the T4. The model that the IMPS Youth Motor Bike Display Team are using.

Ideally the STOMP T4 with twin shock, large fuel tank, rear rack and paniers would be ideal.

7. #7 Re: Introduction 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by stablebelts View Post
    I have lived and worked in most parts of East Anglia normally Suffolk and Norfolk.

I now have moved slightly west to the Beds/Bucks area.

I have had a test ride on the Jialing 185 complete with side car and leading link front forks.

I do not know if Jialing import the 185cc model into the UK, the model I had the test ride on was for the African market. (steel tank similar to the original Honda's.

I would use the 230cc engine that STOMP use in the T4. The model that the IMPS Youth Motor Bike Display Team are using.

Ideally the STOMP T4 with twin shock, large fuel tank, rear rack and paniers would be ideal.
    I have had a look at the Shineray 250cc water cooled bike (copy of a KTM/Kawasaki?) and I am awaiting the nod from the importers to view the new models that are in this month.

8. #8 Re: Introduction 
    well as you can see form my account im from the peterborough region but im leaving this week for oxford starting uni and what not studying automotive engineering sadly will ahve to leave my beloved Rieju behind :/
    think the shineray lc 250 is a copy of a old honda engine as those designs are the most readily available, the stomp T4 is a zongshen engine according to stomps own website it can be altered to produce 25bhp with a cam and carb change.
    i think the Stomp 230 engine should be a re-engineered honda 223 engine as all 223 engines are either called 230 or 250 badged
    this could be the bike your after twin shocks rear racks 20 litre fuel tank but it has a 223cc jialing engine:
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10879267330&
    theres a review about one identical to it here:
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...or-Jialing-250

9. #9 Re: Introduction 
    C-Moto Guru
    I own one of these 250 water cooled shineray, it uses the same powerplant as the Honda NX250, but the wheels,
    axels, spring, chain... setup is identical with KTM.

On the engine the Honda service parts fit (e.g. oilfilter) and you can source wheels (incl. discs & breakpads), chain, airfilter from KTM.
    I just replaced my chain with a genuine KTM motocross chain as the Chinese OEM chain is made of rubber or something alike.

Its one of the best Chinese bikes available today - pricey thougth!
    Last edited by andre555; 09-14-2011 at 12:07 AM.

10. #10 Re: Introduction 
    yh looks the best and most competitive looking bike they even sell it now in the UK 4 stars in a recent review by a motorcycle newspaper in my city pricey for a chinese built bike but it looks amazing sounds ace but still allot cheaper than european or japanese companies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast