Hi All,

I hope you've had a great summer! :)

I've got a few questions and wondering if anyone has ridden out and about in Outer Mongolia. It's my next planned ride; I've relocated to Chengdu now for almost two months so far to make my Mandarin fluent, work, get my license (to do it the RIGHT way ;) and have access to more research/test out bikes. I'm still inspired to complete my last ride but also to explore Mongolia.

Pardon if any of these repeated subjects..I did a search on here and it came up empty on this subject (which I find almost hard to believe):

1. I'm assuming Mongol is the primary language in Outer Mongolia - I know people speak Mandarin in Inner primarily, although Mongols probably speak both? I'm just curious on whether many also speak Mandarin out there as well or how easy/difficult the communication will be.

2. GPS/Maps, etc....how does it work up there? I used my SmartPhone in China to assist me. I'm assuming it won't work in Outer Mongolia so was open to some advice.

And would love to hear about your experiences if you have...or get some links to more info. I've been researching all day on this and it's really all preliminary info.

Found this (link below) and was more inspired - this woman seems amazing!

Kind thanks,
Christine

http://news.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf...cycle-trip.htm