I wasn't going to bother with a rr for this last trip since i've already written a bunch of reports from that region before:

Suzhou - Fuzhou and back
Sheng Si islands (yes, those belong to zhejiang)
Zhejiang is the shit

So this report is mostly an excuse to recommend a couple of great spots we found to anyone who might be riding that region.

The trip begins with Corporal Clegg on his Qingqi QM200 plus myself and Panda riding two-up on our QM250. Here are a few pics from that part of the journey.

The reservoir a the base of moganshan, time for a dip

Some dude hearding ducks

Everything we love about zhejiang

Though here is a reminder of what might be waiting at the other end of the hairpin. What do you do when there's nowhere to go and no way to stop?

A 'get us to the next town' fix for corporal clegg's 812th clutch lever of the day.

It was great fun riding with clegg and i highly recommend him to anyone! Couple of tips to the man himself:
- clutch levers are cheaper in bulk
- goodbye ceremonies need not be so dramatic

The next day we part ways as we are on different schedules; the Panda and I continue southwards in search of a spot i'd stumbled upon three years ago, before magic satellites recorded every road i take. Some great riding along this resevoir.

Great spot no.1

Deep in the mountains between taizhou and wenzhou, there's a little roadside hotel with the best swimming hole i ever found in china. It is located exactly under point A on this route.

Maps are offset in china, so that point is only correct on maps. If you want the actual GPS coordinates for the hotel, they are:
lat 28.461800
lon 121.020300

We got there on a tiny road coming from the big reservoir to the north. Googlemaps says that the road doesn't connect but it does. If you're coming from the north, the hotel is just after this bridge.

The view from our room window

The swimming hole just below (you have to go downstairs through the kitchen to get there)

The water is deep and clean and the rocks are good for diving

If you swim 30m upstream you can jam your shoulders into the rocks and get a free massage

Anyway the room was 60rmb a night and is the prettiest and quietest spot i've ever stayed. (in eastern china)

Taking the road south of there in the morning is a fucking treat too! It's carved right out of the rock in the side of the mountain

And goes along a massive waterfall

And then across so can can see it

Noodles drying on the roadside

Still along the route i showed above, plenty more zhejiang awesomness

Yup, that's the road going up

Looking back down

There is so little of this shit compared to everywhere else in china that it's actually exciting when you hit it!

Bridge break

Panda

Wee mountain village

There used to be a ferry connecting the north and south edges of qiandaohu. Now they've built a bridge! Frankly i'm kinda losing interest in this lake. There's a lot of construction going on there to turn it into the next mass tourist attraction. One or two more years and the water will be brown and full of litter, and a plate of fried rice will be 50 kuai.

Great spot no.2

This one is 80km from shanghai and you've probably all heard of it, it's the little water town of Xitang.

More specifically, it's the room we stayed in that really was the perfect end to our trip. The room is right on the canal and has a private little blacony/terrace where the panda and i just sat for hours with beers and bbq, watching the world go by on the other side.

The room was a seriously reasonable 230RMB for the night and has one of those old chinese 4 post beds inside. Here the number of the guy who rents it out: 13750749423 (chinese only)
He came to meet us outside the old town, helped us park the bike in front of the police station (safe) and then brought us in the back way so we didn't have to pay the entrance fee.

Here is a route to get there from shanghai without hitting any border crossings or police controls.

This is a really good place to bring a girlfriend/wife/panda.

That's about it!