Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Qingqi or dr200 transmission 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I have a lil problem wit the transmission, whenever i put it in 3rd gear (and 5th), the transmission makes a strange noise...i`ve talked to some people and they say that it`s a bit broken, but it`ll work. The thing is..i don`t want it to work that way, i want to replace it. I`ve heard that i can fit in a suzuki dr200 transmission onto my Qingqi200GY.
    Do i have to replace the whole transmission or there is an option to change separate gears?
    and the last and most important...how expensive will it be?

ps. another thing...where can i order some plastic parts for my bike? I`m from Macedonia and it`s impossible to find them here as far as i know.
    Thanks

2. #2 Re: Qingqi or dr200 transmission 
    Quote Originally Posted by bs8c View Post
    I have a lil problem wit the transmission, whenever i put it in 3rd gear (and 5th), the transmission makes a strange noise...i`ve talked to some people and they say that it`s a bit broken, but it`ll work. The thing is..i don`t want it to work that way, i want to replace it. I`ve heard that i can fit in a suzuki dr200 transmission onto my Qingqi200GY.
    Do i have to replace the whole transmission or there is an option to change separate gears?
    and the last and most important...how expensive will it be?

ps. another thing...where can i order some plastic parts for my bike? I`m from Macedonia and it`s impossible to find them here as far as i know.
    Thanks
    how much was the millage by the time you found out that the third gear is singing?

3. #3 Re: Qingqi or dr200 transmission 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    it`s a second hand bike..and it`s on 14000 km

4. #4 Re: Qingqi or dr200 transmission 
    Quote Originally Posted by bs8c View Post
    it`s a second hand bike..and it`s on 14000 km
    it is a common failure on all qm 200 gearboxs and i think the gears are not exactly the same with dr 200 so you have to change the hole main shaft and gears

here we can buy the pack with 70 to 90 dollars

just want to let you know that changing the oil filter after every two offroad trips or every time you change the oil is a must !!! as far as i see

5. #5 Re: Qingqi or dr200 transmission 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Nima Naderi View Post
    it is a common failure on all qm 200 gearboxs and i think the gears are not exactly the same with dr 200 so you have to change the hole main shaft and gears

here we can buy the pack with 70 to 90 dollars

just want to let you know that changing the oil filter after every two offroad trips or every time you change the oil is a must !!! as far as i see
    I`ll ask around if i can find the whole main shaft here. Tho i doubt it`ll be 70-90 dollars new.
    So...i plan to change the oil every 1000 km (or less), that means i have to change the oil filter everytime? O.o

6. #6 Re: Qingqi or dr200 transmission 
    that little oil filter cost me 2 or 3 $ so i change every time and hoping not to see this happen to me gear box 339322_177158745692808_100001960524205_402964_69297401_o.jpg

7. #7 Re: Qingqi or dr200 transmission 
    I'm also having the same problem.
    Caused by low quality bearings.
    Sundown 200cc STX motard

8. #8 Re: Qingqi or dr200 transmission 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Idk why, but everyone i`ve talked to has problem with third gear... the third gear is the worst. Some people have problems with 4th, or 5th, but it`s not as bad as third...broken third is a must xD, there is a guy here that rides the bike with no third gear at all , he goes straight to 4th haha

9. #9 Re: Qingqi or dr200 transmission 
    There is a gear factory in Brazil that is producing these parts with better quality.
    http://www.mgaeixos.com.br/pecas.asp?marca=Sundown
    Sundown 200cc STX motard

10. #10 Re: Qingqi or dr200 transmission 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I think i`ll have to check that web a bit later...i`m getting some error there, and on their main web www.mgaeixos.com everything is in brazilian so..i`ll deal with that on wednesday since than it`s my free day so i can google translate it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast