Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: TumToe is here; please continue on as normal... 
    I just sold my Yamaha XT225 dual sport after six years of ownership so now just own the Dong Fang bobber and a SYM HD200 scooter. I ride three miles of gravel road down the mountain when I leave my cabin here in the mountains of North Carolina. The DF while not as good as the DS still does just fine.

I started riding back in the late 1950s when we didn't have dual sports.
    Some might be better suited than others in certain environments but still any bike or scooter will take you anywhere in the world.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=718194

Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

2. #12 Re: TumToe is here; please continue on as normal... 
    Quote Originally Posted by zhu View Post
    i remember guys who rode choppers for a few years and then left bikes behind forever presumably because they got bored with riding around in circles
    That is true; however, they were probably only into it for the image, and moved into other things. I personally would not want a bobber because I envision myself on an enduro since my '90 or '91 DR250s (I really don't remember the year, I guess I am aging, LOL) days of ownership. But as Barnone has pointed out, he is riding his and actually sold his more practical (in my opinion) bike to keep the bobber. However, I think these new Chinese bobbers have brought alot of interest and won't disappoint those who buy them (again, my opinion) but rather interest them to explore bigger bikes later on (like when Chinese bikes were first hitting the US and were very cheap).

3. #13 Re: TumToe is here; please continue on as normal... 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    I just sold my Yamaha XT225 dual sport after six years of ownership so now just own the Dong Fang bobber and a SYM HD200 scooter. I ride three miles of gravel road down the mountain when I leave my cabin here in the mountains of North Carolina. The DF while not as good as the DS still does just fine.

I started riding back in the late 1950s when we didn't have dual sports.
    Some might be better suited than others in certain environments but still any bike or scooter will take you anywhere in the world.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=718194

yeah mate i will watch out for all the bobbers and scooters going past next time i am on this road
    least i be run down by all of them

2011-09-06_13-13-09_608 by johnnyfast, on Flickr

4. #14 Re: TumToe is here; please continue on as normal... 
    Quote Originally Posted by zhu View Post
    yeah mate i will watch out for all the bobbers and scooters going past next time i am on this road
    least i be run down by all of them
    That road looks just fine for my bobber or scooter. I would probably would keep my tires out of that rut though. You should see my driveway here in the mountains of Western North Carolina.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

5. #15 Re: TumToe is here; please continue on as normal... 
    actually thats not a rut
    its a crack in the earths crust with gravity leaking out of it , sucking everything into it like a friggin black hole

6. #16 Re: TumToe is here; please continue on as normal... 
    C-Moto Noob
    zhu- First bike? Yes. Young...? Please define. Going on 30 so I guess young to some old to others...? I'm just a 30 year old hotdog smellen goof ball. Anyways, you do make good points. All I'm looking at is cruising though. Don't get me wrong I would love to go long distance and explore everywhere but that takes time and money.... Maybe later.

As of right now I'm deffently thinking Tha Hiest (well not completly yet. The pag is out for sure. DF is back in the equation though... I wish I wasn't so undeceive.) Good price. Good looks. Also I am pretty intimidated by a bigger bike and this seems to look tough with out being so heavy.

My only real expirence on a bike is an old Honda minnie 50. Fun lil bike. I've also ridden a 125 but not as much and I dont count it. Rode that lil 50 like it was my BMX bike back in my high school days.

Barnone- Thanks for the link to the scooters round the world. Ya know I've alwasy wondered how far you could push one of those things... I never would of guessed that much. Awsome! still not getting one of those though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12