Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Pulse Adrenaline - MOT failure .....help and advice pelase!! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Morning chaps

Have been rebulding my 08 Pulse Adrenaline for the last 6 months and having got it running, and in what I thought was roadworthy condition I took it for its first MOT on Saturday.

Failed on a couple of things:

Front suspension too stiff - forks weren't moving on the test, rode it home and bounced it about a bit and they have freed but are still sticking in some positions (mainly lower positions) - think a service and new oil may be in order for the forks - has anyone done this and how easy is it to do?

Excessive play in rear suspension bearings - I've looked everyhwere for a suspenion bearing kit and have come up with zilch. I've emailed Pulse in the UK today to see if they can suggest a distributor, but wondered if anyone on here has had to have their rear bearings replace and if so where the parts were sourced from. The garage I took it to for an MOT won't order parts for it becuase of the number of times they've been bitten by chinese imports and parts not fitting before.

Horn u/s - ordered a replacement from eBay.

Any help that can be given on the top two issues would be greatly received by a bit of an amateur

2. #2 Re: Pulse Adrenaline - MOT failure .....help and advice pelase!! 
    C-Moto Regular
    Not familiar with the spindle retention on your bike but is the front wheel spindle effectively pulling the forks together and making them bind ? IE Undo the front wheel spindle and try bouncing the fors a few times to see if that is the problem - would not expect new oil etc to cure sticky forks .

Where is the play in the rear suspension ? - often it can be worse in the shock mount , but check to see if there is just one bearing that is causing most of the play and look at replacing it with a standard needle bearing or getting a bush made up to suit - using a bit of Coke can to shim up the bush is frowned upon..........

3. #3 Re: Pulse Adrenaline - MOT failure .....help and advice pelase!! 
    SEE profile pic for new age washing machine
    Quote Originally Posted by bojer View Post
    using a bit of Coke can to shim up the bush is frowned upon..........

haha, someone else has been in china WAY to long hahaha, i was amused to say the least every time i got something to do with the wheels replaced, out would come an empty can of wd40 and cut cut cut... done, perfection at its best ^_^

4. #4 Re: Pulse Adrenaline - MOT failure .....help and advice pelase!! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Loosened the spindle and lock nut which seems to have made it more responsive, the only thing i have noticed is that of they are bounced all the way down they sometimes stay there, repeated bouncing brings them back up again...i'm debating on getting another set of forks just to be on the safe side as although they don't stick all the time, i'm still not convinced they are performing to mot standards.

Replaced lower suspension mount and shock absorber, but there is still what i feel is too much play in the top shock absorber bolt, despite trying to sleeve or shim the bolt i can't get rid of the play with rear wheel in the air and jiggling up and down. Bolt hole seems to be inbetween M10 and M12 size so really can't work out how to fix this. Has anyone else got play in their top shock caused by the bolt not fitting tightly?

5. #5 Re: Pulse Adrenaline - MOT failure .....help and advice pelase!! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Just a thought....the top shock bolt is an M10 bolt, could it be that i actually need a 7/16 bolt given that its chimese etc?