Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Hum me hai hero

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Hum me hai hero 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    For anyone curious about the title of this thread, go back and look at the immensely enjoyable YouTube Video in the first post, which I've linked in this post. This is not only really beautiful lifestyle advertising; it also demonstrates the enormous psychosocial distance between India and China. Imagine a lifestyle ad in China that celebrates the role of the motorcycle in everyday scenes of daily life!! Scooters and motorcycles are definitely used that way in China, but industry and government and the state-run media seem to be collectively so ashamed by this idea that they pretend that the motorcycle as a blessing of daily life doesn't even exist.

Sad. Or have I missed something?

euphonius
    Months back, MJH posted a link to an article here in the 'Manufacturers...' section on the discussion about Zongshen. The article was about Zongshen's CEO partipating in a contest showing 3 distinct methods of transportation in Shanghai(?) getting from point 'A' to 'B'. Of all the bikes for Zongshen to be on, he was on a step-thru scooter, and he won! I thought back then the same thing; that the fact that he was on a 2 wheeler and won, let alone a 'lowly' scooter, was significant. The article was about his views on Chinese quality in bike manufacturing (significant enough) and how he felt that all of them need to step it up, including Zongshen, but the contest was interesting for the points you mentioned.

2. #12 Re: Hum me hai hero 
    I just enjoy following the evolution of Hero, what they did for the Karizma and that Buell influenced that improvement to that bike. It shows Hero has an interest in competing and that they are also willing to diverge from the Honda design mantra, which is most often pretty vanilla

Last edited by MJH; 10-21-2013 at 07:09 PM.

3. #13 Re: Hum me hai hero 
    EBR announced that it will be the USA distributor beginning next year for Hero MotoCorp.

EBR also will be offering its new 1190RX, its MSRP will be around $18,000.00 USD.

Now that EBR has been capitalized by Hero they will begin manufacturing around 1200 of their 1190RX per year. The manufacturing of the EBR 1190RX will take place in East Troy Wisconsin.

4. #14 Re: Hum me hai hero 
    It will be interesting to see who becomes the next recognized brand of motorcycles sold in the USA. My vote is for Hero Motocorp.

It seems obvious, at least to me, that Hero is working on developing bikes to meet the demands of the North America market.

HX250R

Hastur 620

5. #15 Re: Hum me hai hero 
    Hero's revised Karizma models are now on the Hero website.

6. #16 Re: Hum me hai hero 

Hero follows Honda into the market and has an affiliation with Eric Buell Racing. This model is intended to take domestic sales from Honda’s CB250R. Its more and for less…

7. #17 Re: Hum me hai hero 
    Also new to the Hero model line is the Splendor Pro Classic

Under 2K these would sell well in the US.
    Last edited by MJH; 10-18-2014 at 08:05 PM.

8. #18 Re: Hum me hai hero 
    This is the first offering Hero launched after splitting from Honda, it is called the Impulse but only has a 150cc engine, which could be a 223cc high output engine that Hero has and it could have a better suspension and 17' street tires? I think it could sell in the US for under 3k?

9. #19 Re: Hum me hai hero 
    hi mjh

i believe yingang is working in a same project like this one with the same CBf engine .

10. #20 Re: Hum me hai hero 
    Yeah but Hero has a plan, they seem to be interested in midrange high performance sport bikes. The Hastur is midrange

I am interested in a 250cc that looks more like the Hastur 600, but with fewer colors and less sharp edges then the Hastur 600.

Not a copy though, something better, first the 250 and then a 600

More like the Z250

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast