Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Hum me hai hero

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Hum me hai hero 
    I think the pricing is off on this more likely to be around 3-3.25 Lakh

2. #22 Re: Hum me hai hero 
    I wonder if that Hastur trellis frame is under the HX250R?
    Last edited by MJH; 06-05-2016 at 12:39 PM.

3. #23 Re: Hum me hai hero 
    I like the little horizontal engine bikes, these could be brought to the US in force with a line of scooters, but what is important is pricing.

Last edited by MJH; 06-05-2016 at 12:39 PM.

4. #24 Re: Hum me hai hero 
    EBR

$14,995.00

5. #25 Re: Hum me hai hero 
    Hero Motocorp has trademarked eight of its models with the US Patent and Trade Office.

They are the...

HX250R

Reports from India claim that the HX250's liquid-cooled Single produces 31 hp and 19.2 lb-ft of torque. Subtracting a 12% drive-train loss puts rear-wheel hp at about 27 hp.
    306lbs (pre-production)

Karizma

223cc Air Cooled Single OHC, 19.2 hp at 7500 rpm and 14.3 ft-lb. at 6000 rpm
    339lbs

Extreme Sports

Air-cooled 150cc Single 15.2 hp at 8500 rpm and 9.4 ft-lb. at 6500 rpm.
    325lbs

Hunk

150cc Single claiming 14.2 hp at 8500 rpm and 9.4 ft-lb. at 6500 rpm.
    325lbs

Splendor PRO

100cc Single claiming 7.7 hp at 8000 rpm and 5.9 ft-lb. at 5000 rpm

240lbs

Splendor CLASSIC

100cc Single claiming 8.2 hp at 8000 rpm and 5.9 ft-lb. at 5000 rpm.
    240 lbs

ECO Deluxe

100cc Single claiming 7.7 hp at 7500 rpm and 5.9 ft-lb. at 4500 rpm.
    247lbs

Pleasure

100cc Single claiming 6.7 hp at 7000 rpm and 5.8 ft-lb. at 5000 rpm.
    223lbs

6. #26 Re: Hum me hai hero 
    What is interesting about this is that all of these will be priced near or under 3K, the HX250R will likely retail for about $3,200.00.
    The 223cc for under $2,600.00
    The 150cc for under $2,000.00
    The 100cc for under $1,750.00
    Making these offerings very affordable and also high quality and well supported. Legally licensed Honda Quality and Technology and highly affordable. These people are smart enough to know they will have to get their name out and greed and profit is not first and foremost.

7. #27 Re: Hum me hai hero 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post

ECO Deluxe

100cc Single claiming 7.7 hp at 7500 rpm and 5.9 ft-lb. at 4500 rpm.
    247lbs
    Those... Those are really easy to ride.

Propane_rider.jpg

And now seriously.

Speaking of pricing, do you know how much costs pure "Honda" (not "Hero-Honda", "Wuyang-Honda", "You-name-it-Honda") "Dream Yuga 110" in India? Some 800 bucks, retail price. OK, it is preety basic bike, but still.

Even with the greediest importer, "Dream Yuga" can not reach the price of these 100 cc Hero's horizontals.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

8. #28 Re: Hum me hai hero 
    Taking it across the Pacific and effectively distributing it doubles the retail price. Problem is that 2x near nothing is it worth the bother? If the agenda is to establish a brand name then perhaps.

Most imports manufactured in low costs Asian production centers end up at or over 2x the factory direct price. How much higher the twice as much then in cost out of the factory is related to competition and how much the market will pay. Legitimately sold and supported cost more than a cheaply made bike sent to your home in a crate.

9. #29 Re: Hum me hai hero 
    I thought that with the increase in sales volume (which is possible when the market is big; US market is a good example), simultaneously are reduced other costs, so the retail price of a product is lower. On the other hand, I can not perceive the costs that some company in the US may have - paperwork, office clerks, mechanics, various rents and taxes...

About pricing: at the local moto forum, we have come to a pretty accurate equation for calculating the retail price of a C-moto: take the FOB price in dollars, multiply by two and then, a dollar sign in front of that number, replace with euro sign. Here it worked like a charm in the time of greatest expansion of C-moto. Today, in a time of crisis, the equation is different and the prices are lower.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

10. #30 Re: Hum me hai hero 
    Read this…
    Industry sources for annual sales in the USA; do they include any of the online sales. They state annual sales numbers are provided to them by the manufacturers.
    The real numbers can only be counted as each unit sale is registered and reordered in each state as “registered” each could be counted accurately that way and by filtering on manufacturer and by the model year.
    For example:
    If Honda states they sold 5,000 motorcycles in 2014 in California , then the state of California would have had at least 5,000 new registrations in that year. The 2014 sales in that state can only be seen by counting on the WMI for Honda and a model year of 2014 in the states database.
    The article states that scooter sales are down, are they? Or are they up and not being counted? Is the industry only counting major brands?
    One year HD provided unit numbers shipped to each dealer as sales, they in that made it look like sales were at record high levels. When in fact the units were not sold they were sitting on the floors of showrooms. They got sued for doing that and paid damages for doing that. Doing that made the value of the stock go up, insiders sold their stock and took a profit on the false numbers.
    How many 50cc scooters were sold in the USA in 2014? How many were imported in the USA and how many of them registered in each of the 50 states? They do not have anyone counting that way, the difference between what is imported and registered is standing inventory. Holding inventory cost more, a healthy industry rotates it fast or at least what is made in a year sells in that year. It is not uncommon to see year old models, even 2-3 year old models sitting in showrooms.

The Chinese are sneaking into the market, the industry is ignoring the numbers. I read this article as the Chinese imports took 15% of scooter sales in the USA in 2013. I doubt sales overall fell, they have grown and sourced online directly and not being counted.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast