Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 SUPERBYKE RMR 125 - STARTING ISSUES 
    C-Moto Noob
    Reason for joining is problems with my Superbyke RMR 125, if I hadnt had problems I would have never come across this site. Is it wrong that I'm glad my bike is working so I found this site!?

Anyways my bike just wont start! Engine cranks but doesnt turn over. My spark seems really weak and I was wondering if that could be down to a dodgy coil/ht lead/plug. I can email fuel in the engine, carbs have been cleaned, fuel line checked, bike has only done 4000 miles.

Have had some horrible scottish weather recent and had to check all connections due to a short ( short was found in killswitch housing so that was replaced)
    I have put everything back together the way it should be and cleaned all grounds with a wire brush.

Have changed starter relay, battery and spark plug but I'm not getting anywhere. After seeing this website I want to mod the bike for extra performance but need to get it to at least start!
    Have checked all the connections and everything seems fine although cannot get at the coil to test properly as the ht lead ripped when twisting it out of the coil.

Any ideas would be much appreciated

Andy - SCOTLAND :D:D

2. #2 Re: SUPERBYKE RMR 125 - STARTING ISSUES 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    hey andy welcome XD i joined for the same reason i have the rsr (street) version of your bike same engine same principle so far ive had starting issues running issues electrical issues and little bastards kicking my headlamp issues i assume uve changed the plug?? that solved the problem straight away altho sparks on my bike only tend to last a few weeks as of right now ive got the plug from a 1992 cbr 600 because i thought the problem may be due to heat destroying the spark plugs. try this. also there is a kill swith on your stand with two wires hanging off it disconect this and reconnect the two wires that head to the cdi and the coil.

3. #3 Re: SUPERBYKE RMR 125 - STARTING ISSUES 
    C-Moto Noob
    on my rmr the ht lead had a chrome end for the spark plug cap and it was arcing out onto the head so i put a bit of insulation tape round it and it works fine now