Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Do you Ride Western or Chinese? 
    Me personally, Chinese, which isn't without it's problems but it's been a fun adventure so far. I've been living in China for nearly a year and a half now, (thought I took a break for three months to do a 8,600 mile long Motorcycle Tour around the U.S.) and have been riding here since about March of 2011. I also run a motorcycle blog where I document most of my China Motorcycle stories and adventures. To my knowledge it's one of the only western China Motorcycle blogs, so I'm interested to see if there are any others out there. Otherwise, I live in the Beijing area with my Jincheng 250, small but it gets me around, including on trips through the countryside whenever I get a chance, so if anyone else is interested in going for rides in the area let me know! Already know of a couple good ones (to Cuandixia and Songshan were really good).

中国摩托车博客
    China Motorcycle blogs
    Orig. Text Translations(Recommended in Bold) China中国/中Motorcycle摩托车blogs* 博客

2. #2 Re: Do you Ride Western or Chinese? 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Welcome to MCM. You've come across the definitive English language resource for riders of Chinese bikes, and riders of pretty much anything & everything inside China, including bicycles.

In Beijing, there is a loose group of MCM members who get together for rides on a somewhat disorganized basis, which is kinda how we like it. It is always a lot of fun because we shun bike-snobbery (although I'm thinking about getting some tassles to hang from my 125cc handlebars, to demonstrate that I am indeed "cool" and can ride with the big boys).

We ride everything from scooters to large cruisers. Most of us have enough mechanical experience with Chinese bikes to keep the bike moving in a forward direction (or someone can always improvise a tow rope). Your Jincheng 250cc would feel right at home.

Send any one of us Jing'rs a PM and we'll connect you in.

By the way, I did a quick read of your blog - I am not sure where you are located, but if you need some centrally located repair shops, there is a grouping just West of the Temple of Heaven west gate. Mind you, these are shops with Chinese characteristics. Always an interesting exercise in creative mechanics.

3. #3 Re: Do you Ride Western or Chinese? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucko View Post
    Me personally, Chinese, which isn't without it's problems but it's been a fun adventure so far. I've been living in China for nearly a year and a half now, (thought I took a break for three months to do a 8,600 mile long Motorcycle Tour around the U.S.) and have been riding here since about March of 2011. I also run a motorcycle blog where I document most of my China Motorcycle stories and adventures. To my knowledge it's one of the only western China Motorcycle blogs, so I'm interested to see if there are any others out there. Otherwise, I live in the Beijing area with my Jincheng 250, small but it gets me around, including on trips through the countryside whenever I get a chance, so if anyone else is interested in going for rides in the area let me know! Already know of a couple good ones (to Cuandixia and Songshan were really good).

中国摩托车博客
    China Motorcycle blogs
    Orig. Text Translations(Recommended in Bold) China中国/中Motorcycle摩托车blogs* 博客
    Heya Bucko, welcome to MCM.
    Nice blog you have there running. I think there are several foreigners blogging about their bike trips in China.
    I also have one, but only in French... : http://fredicchino.wordpress.com/

I guess you'll have no problem finding riding mates in BJ, good luck to you in your endeavors !

4. #4 Re: Do you Ride Western or Chinese? 
    Interesting stuff, and cool informative website!

Although I think our members here might regard our ride reports section as being pretty similar to a motorcycle blog I think some even have their own blog sites.

5. #5 Re: Do you Ride Western or Chinese? 
    Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone. Wouldn't expect anything else from a community of expats in China nor of a community of bikers for that matter! Going to be fun looking through some of these threads and forums. Already finding some interesting ones through the blog roll call. Will also definitely be good to try and organize some rides with people too!

Actually excited for a ride that I have coming up next week for the holiday. I'll be taking the trip down with my girlfriend and some friends (who will be traveling by car and so of course via expressway... boring!) down to Qingdao and then maybe over to Yangtai and if there's time, back up to 老龙头 where the wall meets the water. It should be an exciting trip, particularly to see if my little Jincheng (who I've named 麻烦 or 'Mafan') will be able to make the 1,700-2,000km round trip! Either way, I'll be documenting it and also hopefully filming it so keep an eye out on the forums and definitely on the blog if you're interested in that.

By the way, I did a quick read of your blog - I am not sure where you are located, but if you need some centrally located repair shops, there is a grouping just West of the Temple of Heaven west gate. Mind you, these are shops with Chinese characteristics. Always an interesting exercise in creative mechanics.
    Thanks for the tip Lao Jia Hou! I spend most of my time in the North Easter quadrant of the city (as I'm sure most Laowai do) and I've got a great guy up by the near my office which is in the Lido area. He's near the 5th ring road, also very Chinese (but honestly, would you have it any other way being a biker in China??). He can be a little pricey depending on what you need, by Chinese standards, but does really quality work with quality parts too. Cool little community of bikers he has too, both Chinese and foreign. Thanks though, always good to have that reference as a bargaining chip!

发音: 无拼音

所有意思