Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
  1. #111 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    no it was my friend kikikillerkat, but on this web site it gives a price of 24,800 rmb

here is a link

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=19674456938

2. #112 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    The goal of emissions regulations is that of burning the fuel to a stoichiometric ratio, that is the point were all the oxygen is ignited and then the results are a minimal of unspent fuel in the form of byproducts. The simple carburetor cannot adjust to changes in the environment, it cannot adjust the mixture when the temperature falls or the humidity goes up. These variables alter the content of oxygen in a set volume of air. That is why the EFI has an oxygen sensor it is seeking a stoichiometric value, by measuring the exhaust content for unspent oxygen. It reads that and meters the fuel to match the oxygen level to ensure a complete burn.

What is unspent as in byproducts, the unspent fuel, can be collected in a catalytic device, beyond that are the tail pipe emissions, the bigger the engine the stricter the levels in most countries. Many also require the test be done on the real roads and in varying ridding conditions, they call them Urban loops and Rural loops.

Those that cannot get it corect prove something, they prove that they do not employee engineers that are talented enough and that can actually engineer, based on real actual numbers and relative laws of physics and chemistry.

The term lean and rich is actually related to the oxygen, the amount of oxygen in air, though constant, changes as air can be dense or thin. The amount of fuel atomized as a ratio to the air coming in and its content of oxygen. The amount of fuel metered in with consideration to that and other variables like speed as in RPM of the engine and also the temperature of the engine. If the air is rich in oxygen then it need more fuel, if the air is lean of oxygen it needs less fuel.

The engine can be set to meet emissions and then perform poorly, then engineers would get into the combustion chamber or other aspect of the actual engine design, timing and other things all are related.

I wonder what the emissions are of the carbureted version of the 400, it may not meet emission in some markets either, these companies are having application in the USA checked and being found to have submitted false information.

A lot of people do not want to deal with them because that can bring about losses, if a certificate gets pulled then the vehicle and all that bought them cannot sell or register them either. The later really has no enforcement and typically can be registered if not new, but if new they cannot be legally registered and titled for road use and in some states even for off road use.

There are levels or tiers and typically the regulations on the smaller engines are more lax, as not to discourage new entrant into the market, the larger engines have stricter emissions, in the USA it is for over 280cc and under 280cc as there are only two tiers. The USA EPA does not require real road testing only lab testing that simulates the road use.

The Euro standards are stricter then the USA and the same as in china, however china requires the real road use averages in its testing. the Chinese standard is the strictest in existence.

Some vehicles that have over 150cc can meet the raw number for emissions levels in china, but may not meet them on the road, particularly if being tested in hot humid zones, then that same carburetor vehicle may do well in a cool dry climate? So they by default may not be able to attain the level in loops, simply because the carburetors are not able to adjust to changes in the environment. The over 150cc may be required to demonstrate a certain emissions under a variety of driving conditions, the emissions are never consistent they rise and fall based on variables.
    Last edited by MJH; 11-01-2012 at 08:04 PM.

3. #113 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    If they made a bigger fuel tank for the X2 i would get that, so i am waiting to see if the X5 is as good and emission ready as they say, if not then who knows

4. #114 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    Honda will be entering its new rally bike this year at Dakar, it has PGM-i.

Honda developed new technology for its commercial bikes, they redesigned engines to match the new markets.

That the bike to ride through China...
    http://photo.auto.sina.com.cn/highpix/19770193.html
    Last edited by MJH; 11-01-2012 at 09:07 PM.

5. #115 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    Is it possible to buy that bike in China and get it plated?
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

6. #116 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    No I am pretty sure that only the Honda race team gets access to their Rally bikes. These day they likely keep them in a vault with infrared beams crossing back and fourth, so do not get any ideas.

The Shineray does not look like a rally bike, it looks like a adventure/commuter bike.

7. #117 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    You're right, so I don't know how it could have done so well in the TAK rally as they claim, (compression too low for any serious power, but will make reliability better) never-the-less it is the only big dual sport China has to offer. And with those tires it sure looks like a street bike. They wouldn't work at all in the mud or sand. I emailed the factory asking about a release date but still no reply.

8. #118 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    http://www.downunderdirtbikes.com.au...D=12&Name=ODES MCF450E

Has anybody seen one of these before? its a Chinese built 450 with 12.0 compression. selling in Oz for $6000. I wonder if a feller could wangl one here.

9. #119 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    Isn't that "Asiawing"?
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

10. #120 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingtiger View Post
    http://www.downunderdirtbikes.com.au...D=12&Name=ODES MCF450E

Has anybody seen one of these before? its a Chinese built 450 with 12.0 compression. selling in Oz for $6000. I wonder if a feller could wangl one here.
    Definitely looks like the Asiawing, which can be found out more about here and here
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast