Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
  1. #121 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    Yes, thanks for that. I read that post last evening and it definately turned me off Asiawing. I don't want to bring the bike home in the back of a pig truck. I had a 57 Chevy for many years and everytime I wanted to go somewhere I was in the shop with it. A person gets tired of that quickly. I am looking forward to seeing one of the X5s when they are in the showroom. Most of my riding will be within 50 km of home. I don't anticipate touring. Hainan Island is a small place. The JH600 is too much of a street bike for me. I will go places where it won't. I need knobby tires and tall suspension. Definately not a lot of choice out there but from reading the forums Shineray might be the most reliable.

2. #122 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    Hi MCM Guru's .....
    I would like to volunteer buying an Shineray X5. Does anyone has a clue whether the bike is on sale already (?) and if so ....WHERE in the BJ region.
    From 58.com I found a dealer for Honda/WuYang in BJ Northwest 5th Ring. He said you could test ride the bike (at least Google translate says this ???)
    But unfortunately after visiting the shop no X5 was there and the lady told me something about "in 4 month" or "April" .... not sure.

So please support my volunteer ambition with your input. I promise i would write a Quality/Experience report.
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

3. #123 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    What about that shop on 5th ring you've mentioned?
    JH-150GY-3

4. #124 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    I will contact them tomorrow to get hopefully some more information.
    Anyway they have no Shineray bike there (no X2X, no X5)
    I let you know what they say.

@Barry: You told me once about a dealer in Baoding (??) Do you have a contact?
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

5. #125 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuBen View Post
    I will contact them tomorrow to get hopefully some more information.
    Anyway they have no Shineray bike there (no X2X, no X5)
    I let you know what they say.

@Barry: You told me once about a dealer in Baoding (??) Do you have a contact?
    I was at the factory in October...it is easily reachable from the city center, 40 minutes in Chongqing. You can buy from the factory as that is what they told me. I also think it is not expensive to fly to this city because of its size and many flights there. I have bought two motos this way..factory visits...it is fun!

6. #126 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kikikillercat View Post
    ...You can buy from the factory as that is what they told me.
    WARNING...would be very careful buying from the Chongqing factory directly as I know of three bike owners right now that bought MIC motorbikes *250-600cc* directly from the factories in Chongqing and face huge challenges getting their motorbikes registered in Shanghai or nearby provinces like Jiangsu / Zhejiang and the local agents refuse to assist as they bought motorbikes through the factories.....

The factory direct purchase might work for backwater villages / towns / provinces but in the big smoke Shanghai its seems very-very difficult and troublesome to get this kind of bikes registered.

7. #127 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    @TB .... i agree with that. The problem in BJ will be most probably the same as in Shanghai. I would prefer a dealer somewhere here around. I really wonder that I could not find a Shineray dealer in BJ. (Maybe i should start a new business :-) )
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

8. #128 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    Quote Originally Posted by TB-Racing View Post
    WARNING...would be very careful buying from the Chongqing factory directly as I know of three bike owners right now that bought MIC motorbikes *250-600cc* directly from the factories in Chongqing and face huge challenges getting their motorbikes registered in Shanghai or nearby provinces like Jiangsu / Zhejiang and the local agents refuse to assist as they bought motorbikes through the factories.....

The factory direct purchase might work for backwater villages / towns / provinces but in the big smoke Shanghai its seems very-very difficult and troublesome to get this kind of bikes registered.
    yes you are right...one of my bikes was shipped to my house...still no problem...the second was shipped to a dealer who basically was paid as if i had bought it from him directly...that way the factory keeps the dealer happy. in both cases i paid full price for both bikes.... you can arrange with the factory to ship it to a dealer of your choice.

9. #129 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    i am hoping to have test ride at least once down the road.....
    Thats why i am looking for a dealer that might have this bike in his shop.
    ... ok , we will see.
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

10. #130 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    I can't believe how you people manage in CHINA. You have money, yet you have terrible difficulties in getting good bikes or any bikes at all, not to speak difficulties regarding driving licenses.

I would become mad.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast