Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
  1. #151 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    BTW. First thing i will improve is the routing of some cable. They are sloppy installed.
    The bike is still in the shop because i had no time to take it home already.
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

2. #152 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    congrats on the new bike shu ben
    you are now the official test pilot so you get to tell the rest of us the good and bad of this bike.
    keep it shiny side up now...
    commiserations on the price of the plate btw

3. #153 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    will try my best to fullfil my reporting obligation.
    The plate price is considered as investment. At first i thought to register it under Jing B.
    But when i heard about the increase over the last 4 weeks i changed mind. ... and the season just starts

anyway ... money you cant eat, but A plated bikes you ride legally
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

4. #154 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuBen View Post
    ok guys. message understood. stop beating me...
    X5 + Jing A plate = 73.000 RMB
    42k for the plate
    26k for the bike (carburator version, but registerable in BJ)
    2.1k vehicle transfer tax.
    550 RMB for the plating procedure
    the rest for some other stuff, but forget what it was exactely
    thanks for the info!!!
    42 k for the plate....i hope you make a truck load of money as the reason that you live/stay in that city...

when i was at the factory they said 29,000, and that was a projection back four months ago,,and yes perhaps FI edition.

that what they do now days...as Mercedes benz started to do many years ago..and their cars went to shit.
    they used to build a car and then say...we must sell it at this price to make a profit. now companys say...I need to build something that costs 25,000

enjoy it...seems like a good balance for street and off road.

5. #155 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Congrats on your new arrival. Looking forward to seeing it "in person". Interesting that the pic shows it sitting next to a JH. Is that the shop out in Haidan? A base bike price of 26K seems like you got a great deal, as I've seen them advertised at 29.8K (maybe the EFI?). It'll be a fun summer for you! We're organizing a Changbaishan run this year - be a good bike to join in.

And here ya go ... LJH's top 10 reasons why one can't go wrong with a 京A plate:

1) Beijing's lottery system for car plates is now only 1 out of 80 "winning" each month;
    2) The remaining unlucky 79 people are now confronted with record loads on the subway system (Line 10 is > 1 million people/day and has >30 minute waits at some stations during peak hours) ... the buses are worse;
    3) One can get a car plate via an "unofficial" route, although it is about 100K;
    4) Average speed in Beijing traffic continues to drop - IMHO, car ownership is simply ridiculous in the city center (I dread each time I need to use my car);
    5) Car parking fees are expected to double, again, this year as a "congestion measure";
    6) A sensible solution to Beijing's traffic/plating problems is a comfortable scooter (if one looks at the showroom floors of the two largest Beijing motorcycle dealers, one will see about 50% of the floor space devoted to scooters - scoots are big sellers and more "socially acceptable" than motorcycles);
    7) There is a fixed number of A plates and it is unlikely that gov't will issue more, but there is a rumor that bike plates might be allowed to be swapped for a car plate (personally, I very much doubt this rumor, but rumors do impact behaviors)
    8) The big bike shops are getting more and more models in and they all need the coveted A plate (a B plate looks "cheap" on a 400K HD, BMW, Duc, Vic, etc);
    9) Enforcement for legal bikes is becoming more stringent, and penalties for illegal bikes are becoming more severe; and,
    10) In mid-2010, A plates were 7K. mid 2011 - 13K, mid 2012 - 22K, now - 42K.

Again, congrats! Hope the X5 meets your expectations.

6. #156 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    Can I translate your 10 reasons to my polish blog? What about if I ride beijing plated bike in Sh? what is the risk and how much beeing a foreigner helps?
    JH-150GY-3

7. #157 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by filipu View Post
    Can I translate your 10 reasons to my polish blog? What about if I ride beijing plated bike in Sh? what is the risk and how much beeing a foreigner helps?
    Just tell them 京 > 沪
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

8. #158 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by filipu View Post
    What about if I ride beijing plated bike in Sh? what is the risk and how much beeing a foreigner helps?
    Shanghai has this nice road signs stating no outside motorcycles allowed along the outer ring road..... try your luck, I'll ride my JL's between the inner / outer ring roads quite frequently (most days actually as long its not raining) and have not been bothered just yet..... would not take a outside plated bike into the inner ring road of Shanghai....

side-note: last year a few foreigners had CJ750 sidecars (Jiangsu Plates) confiscated in Hongqiao area (close to the outer ring road S20).

9. #159 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    I've ridden my maxi scoots (Jetmax and Burgy) at different times from Ningbo-SH stayed the weekend(s) and ridden around SH a bit, mainly getting lost since the city has changed so much even though I lived in HongKou-Zhabei districts, admittedly that was more than 8 years ago though I was riding daily for 6 months after I finished my work contract. Actually through a couple of navigation errors (even though I was using GPS) and attempting to dodge the traffic chaos, seeking out little side streets that I used to ride, and trying to avoid the slick painted road markings, meant I rode right down beside Peoples Square (well and truly in the heart of the city), and followed Yunan Rd all the way out of dodge to find the motorcycle shops out South. Plus did a recky of the Tianma circuit, which has almost become an exclusive car track with just the one (?2) motorcycle shop out there. Never had any problems with constabulary while in SH itself, and stayed at a hotel right near the city centre, other than when I was refuelling the Burgy (AN650) out near the SH-Jiaxing (Zhejiang) tolls on my ride out of SH. One of the coppers there came on over to give me and the bike the once over, all good. Nice legal plates etc. He and his off-sider were pretty impressed overall and pretty chatty. The usual questions, how much, where are from, where you been, where you going?

And what's with the slick road markings up there, even in the dry they didn't inspire much in the way of confidence. For a first tier city (@%$!#!), compared with Zhejiang, here most of the markings are non-slip with a totally different method and materials used for road markings. The material applied using an open flame, the marking itself is not paint and is about 2-3mm thickness I guess. But grip, that is does offer in spades.

Incidentally, I know slightly off-topic, but anyone had any updates on the outcome of the court-case bought before the courts by the lawyer contesting access for motorcycles to the expressway? What if anything came out of the special access days the court ruled on etc.? Haven't seen any more of it since towards late last year. When the initial ruling was made about the limited trial days.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 03-13-2013 at 06:33 AM.

10. #160 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    C-Moto Guru
    I'll try to get the thread back on topic!

When ShuBen ordered his X5 and I my X2 last sunday, there was a Chinese motorcycle fanatic who was also interested in the X5. He claimed the X5 is faster then my beloved JH600!

We'll see!!
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast