Results 161 to 168 of 168
#161 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming03-12-2013, 02:51 PM
lets look for a long long straight and empty road ... or heading the expressway to Chengde and at MiYun into curvy Black dragon pool road to see whats about the serpentine ability of my new little one.SWM RS500R, Shineray X2, R1200GS LC , HD Lowrider sidecar
#162 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming
03-15-2013, 03:50 AM
- Join Date
- Dec 2009
- mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
Congratulations on taking the plunge with the X5. This would be a great time to retire this thread, since the bike is no longer "rummored" (or rumored), and give the X5 a properly named thread. How about "The Shineray X5 is here!"
As we move into spring, lots of folks are keen to hear your experience with the X5 (including your drag race with Barry). More pix please!
thanks, and cheers!jkp
2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)
#163 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming03-15-2013, 07:17 AM
I will check whether I find time this weekend to take the bike home.
Then i open up a new thread and put some photos on.SWM RS500R, Shineray X2, R1200GS LC , HD Lowrider sidecar
#164 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming09-07-2013, 01:14 PM
congrats also from my side... Wow 42k for Jing A... ... I face the same here in SH, though Hu A is not affordable.... 120k+ btw. has anybody lately experience with getting a Hu A or Hu C plate in Shanghai.
Here the facts I've been told and like to verify:
1. If I want to register a motorbike in my own name (as laowei) it must be Hu A or Hu C
2. If I want to buy a plate I need a temporary residence permit from the district which is considered as Hu A/C area, i.e. if I live in Jing An I can not buy Hu C but Hu A
3. The temp. residence permit need to show my Chinese name, i.e. the same as in my driver license.. Otherwise I can not buy
4. The police station which issue the temp. residence permit can "add" my Chinese name to my existing temp. residence permit when I show them my driver license
Thx and best....
P.s. ... And of course the world would be perfect if the friendly customer oriented lady from the police station would agree to all above.... but well... Let me put it this way.... I left with a smile... but without what I wanted...
#165 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming09-07-2013, 03:23 PM
1. This is correct. Hu A or Hu C
2. This is also correct. Hu C can be legally purchased if you live outside of the A20
3. This is correct too, the temp residency permit must shown your Chinese name.
4. This to is correct, they will usually just write your Chinese name on the temp permit and then stamp it
If you had all of the above then what was the problem? I remember being in and out of there within 5 minutes.2010 BMW R1200 GSA
#166 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming
#167 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming09-15-2013, 01:37 PM
new attempt, new officer and done in 5 min....
#168 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming09-15-2013, 01:41 PM
I heard today also interesting news about Hu C in Shanghai... I was thinking that with Hu C you are not allowed to drive on any road in the inner ring, but apparently a chinese driver told me today that this is only true fro certain roads like Yan An or Zhaojiabang.... does anybody have details/facts... ?
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|
By Lao Jia Hou in forum Manufacturers and ImportersReplies: 4Last Post: 10-04-2011, 01:15 AM
By culcune in forum Dirt n' Dual-SportReplies: 4Last Post: 09-13-2010, 05:05 PM
By jape in forum Ride Prep and Making TracksReplies: 1Last Post: 08-02-2010, 12:32 AM
By jape in forum Off Topic DiscussionsReplies: 11Last Post: 04-03-2010, 10:03 AM