Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
  1. #51 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    Oh yeah Alibaba is a den for thieves….not sure why Haray would be advertising the X5, my only guess would be that they are putting out feelers and hoping to attach themselves to an order.

If an interested person were to contact them Haray would not be that likely to inform them the bike is manufactured by XinYuan, if they did then they might go direct and then what could Haray get out of it?

I only pointed out the advertisement because it could mean that XinYuan is getting closer to production on the bike? I would also say that a zealous salesperson at Haray thinks they can get in on a first order?

An other way to look at it is in does Haray have anything of value to offer? They may, they are located in Chonging and could act as a liaison to the factory, but that is being idealistic. However Haray does have staff that manages parts inventories and also sell manufactured units as well, they are an export company and in some respect could be part of a supply chain?

http://haray.en.alibaba.com/aboutus.html

They are not really misrepresenting what they do.
    http://www.cqharay.com/English/index.asp

As a foreigner buying out of china you have little rights and little as for legal recourse, in that may explain the need and actual requirement for nationals as partners.

I can read people but the language barrier really makes that very difficult, it is often used to take advantage, claims made often of not understanding, when in fact they know exactly what is up and simply playing ignorant.

So in this case, you would need to go to the factory and you could also check out what Haray offers, they might be able to offer the often missing part supply management or not? That being if a company wanted to import the X5 they actually have to have some sort of entity or owner of the actual real process involved.

2. #52 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    There hasn't been a lot of action on this thread for a while, but if anyone is still following the progress of the Shineray x5 then you might be interested in this update. Unfortunately it is not great news.
    My son and I visited the Canton Fair yesterday to checkout Shineray's booth at the motorcycle exibit and specifically the X5. Seeing as no one from the factory answers any emails I thought this would be a good opportunity to get the low-down on this much anticipated bike directly from a rep. Here are a few of the photos of the x5:IMAG0090.jpgIMAG0091.jpgIMAG0092.jpgIMAG0093.jpgIMAG0094.jpg

3. #53 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    IMAG0095.jpg
    adjustable suspension.
    IMAG0097.jpg
    hopefully better guages than the "Long March"
    IMAG0098.jpg
    nice looking skid plate
    IMAG0099.jpg
    no fancy liquid cooling here...
    IMAG0100.jpg
    Sporting some nice looking "Tourfella" aluminum panniers; see this thread for more on this high quality luggage system:
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...from-Tourfella

4. #54 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    C-Moto Guru
    @ teaconsumer: what is not great news? They didn't give any comment?

On some Chinese forum they're talking it will be available on the market from about June/July. No idea how thrue this is!

Aren't those panniers placed a bit too high up??
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

5. #55 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Sorry for the plain photos. All were taken from my crappy cell phone camera.
    So here's what I got from the visit to this session of the Canton Fair motorcycle exhibit.
    There really wasn't much to see at the show. Nothing new in my opinion. Actually there were an alarming amount of remote controlled battery powered skateboard products sharing the space with China's motorcycles, which I thought was odd. Maybe I have just been anticipating the x5 for so long that I couldn't see the forest for the trees, but this motorcycle really stole the show. It's got great styling is a very nice adventure touring size (400cc). I didn't see any other 400s in the show. All bikes pretty much went up from 125-150 then 200-250 and after that straight up to 600cc for the Jialing JH600 and some other ATV type vehicles. I think everyone will agree that producing a 400cc is a little unconventional in China. Unconventional but awesome.
    The overall quality of the bike looks very good, but of course proof is in the pudding when it comes to Chinese bikes.
    I didn't show them in the photos but the sidemirrors look like flimsy rubbish; probably the only area of the bike that looked rubbishy which isn't too bad. There is a nice looking skid plate, all of the idicator lights are on nice bendy mounts, the componenets/guages look quite nice, and the stainless exhaust looks very high quality (better than the rubbish on the Long March!). The gastank was a monsterous 20 litres and is styled/fitted to the side of the bike, kind of like some of the KTM gas tanks. 19 in front wheel and 17 inch backs. I hope they add hand guards as stock as there were none on this bike and it is clearly designed as a adventure tourer. No biggy though. Also a center stand on the adventure tour model would be nice. I didn't get to sit on it but the seat was formed and looked like a BIG step up from the standard mortorcycle seats you find in China.
    Anyway that's a run-on description of what I saw.
    Now for the bad news: You will see in the photos that there is a very standard carb installed. I asked the rep and he confirmed that this model is NOT yet EEC. For those of you not in the know, that means that you can't register a motorcycle of this size in China without EEC approval (European Emmisions Certified). Steve Wang, the rep there, said that they are working on it and when the bike hits production it should have EEC. I don't know what the hold up is, because Shineray already produces several bikes that are EEC.
    More bad news: If you read this whole thread you will know that the x5 was anticipated to be in production spring of 2012. This time has come and gone and still there has been no word about production ETA. I asked two reps about this bike at the fair. Honestly speaking, they both didn't know much about anything regarding the details of this bike. They both had no idea of the approximate price, although we think it will be in the 20,000RMB area, and one guy said that it would be in production at the end of 2012, and the other said the beginning of 2013.

If it's of any worth, my feeling is that Shineray's delays are being caused by two possible reasons (I'd love to hear the opinions of any other members of MCM on this.):
    1. Because of the odd size of the motorcycle and the recently enforced EEC laws in China, they are hitting complications in production. Ie. How the heck can we make this bike EEC. This reason seems unlikely especially because they have at least two other bikes already EEC compliant.
    2. the more likely scenario is that they are waiting for someone from the foreign market to make an order on this bike so that they have an excuse to make it EEC compliant, seeing that there probably isn't that big a market for this bike in China, especially because of the pricetag.
    Anyway, let's hope that they release it soon, because it looks like a great ride and answer to the dreams of all Chinese adventure riders.
    Unfortunately the bottom line is... don't hold your breath for the x5.

6. #56 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    @ teaconsumer: what is not great news? They didn't give any comment?

On some Chinese forum they're talking it will be available on the market from about June/July. No idea how thrue this is!

Aren't those panniers placed a bit too high up??
    You answered before I could finish commenting! Hope my last post answers your questions.
    I didn't notice the panniers being high up but looking at my photos I think you're right.

7. #57 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    I gues the EEC problem comes out of the lack of efi? The bike will not be EEC if they cant sort the efi problem.
    Yamaha R6 2008 trackbike, Shineray (Defenda) XY250GY endurobike.

8. #58 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    Thanks for all the great info teaconsumer, sure wish this bike was available at a reasonable price here in China. EEC does not make a difference, China has its own emission law referred to as CCC, it's roughly equivalent to EEC. Unfortunately, most of the manufacturers in China do not have CCC approved models, which is why registering any Shineray bike (over 150cc) seems to be a bit of a grey area. There are conflicting stories as to whether or not the Long March XY200GY-7 and XY250GY-2 (X2) have legitimate CCC certificates.

I would be happy to buy a carb version of this bike in China, but EFI...no way.

I had pretty much the same experience as you when I tried getting info from the Shineray reps at the ChongQing show...totally clueless and misinformed.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

9. #59 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    C-Moto Guru
    It was legal, it has a legal CCC (China Compulsory Certificate, a bit like UL and CE mixed with ISO9000 Certificate thing) - this is not a emmission related.
    I registered mine before the new C3 - the new emmission law was in place, and havent heard about the X2 beeing C3 compliant or not.

I will be at the Shineray shop this week and will check with the always clueless Zhao Feng, maybe he has some insight, but dont bet on it.

C3 and CCC are two different things in China and EEC is another story again...

10. #60 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by bebbe View Post
    I gues the EEC problem comes out of the lack of efi? The bike will not be EEC if they cant sort the efi problem.
    I'm not very mechanically inclined but it looked like the X2 just had a modified carb on it and it's EEC. Does anyone know for sure about this?

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast