Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. #61 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    Thanks for all the great info teaconsumer, sure wish this bike was available at a reasonable price here in China. EEC does not make a difference, China has its own emission law referred to as CCC, it's roughly equivalent to EEC. Unfortunately, most of the manufacturers in China do not have CCC approved models, which is why registering any Shineray bike (over 150cc) seems to be a bit of a grey area. There are conflicting stories as to whether or not the Long March XY200GY-7 and XY250GY-2 (X2) have legitimate CCC certificates.

I would be happy to buy a carb version of this bike in China, but EFI...no way.

I had pretty much the same experience as you when I tried getting info from the Shineray reps at the ChongQing show...totally clueless and misinformed.

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    The mystery of registration laws continues...
    I had no idea about C3 certification. Is that the same as "国三“
    I asked Shineray for a new cert for my Long March to say that it was "国三“ . Aparently once a bike is "国三“ then the engine and frame serial numbers reflect this making it registerable.

2. #62 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    Quote Originally Posted by teaconsumer View Post
    There hasn't been a lot of action on this thread for a while, but if anyone is still following the progress of the Shineray x5 then you might be interested in this update. Unfortunately it is not great news.
    My son and I visited the Canton Fair yesterday to checkout Shineray's booth at the motorcycle exibit and specifically the X5. Seeing as no one from the factory answers any emails I thought this would be a good opportunity to get the low-down on this much anticipated bike directly from a rep. Here are a few of the photos of the x5:Attachment 6925Attachment 6926Attachment 6927Attachment 6928Attachment 6929
    I'm going to the factory on Saturday to test-ride the bike an ask some questions. I'll take along the questions posted on this thread and hopefully someone can answer them.

Cheers

3. #63 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    I'm going to the factory on Saturday to test-ride the bike an ask some questions. I'll take along the questions posted on this thread and hopefully someone can answer them.

Cheers

Take some pictures if possible. And also ask them, when they will start replying emails?
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

4. #64 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob

Cheers
    Awesome! Ask them if they'll be making an adventure model. If so, push for a center stand, hand guards, and tourfella panniers stock.
    Have fun and keep us posted!

5. #65 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    C-Moto Guru

Cheers
    Did you finally go to the factory 2 weeks ago? Didn't see any update from you, so just wondering if there's any news?
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

6. #66 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    Found this, could b interesting

[URL]http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.0.151&scm=1007.77.0.0&id=15685 146301&ad_id=&am_id=&cm_id=&pm_id=[/URL]

seems to have efi III

7. #67 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    Just what i need, can get rid of the underpowerd 150`s i have.

I wonnder if any foreigner has bought one here in China, a good report would be nice.

8. #68 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robeta View Post
    Found this, could b interesting [URL]http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.0.151&scm=1007.77.0.0&id=15685 146301&ad_id=&am_id=&cm_id=&pm_id=[/URL] seems to have efi III
    I'm not getting it, taobao link does not work for me...

9. #69 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    First Shineray X5 Grandly Off the Production Line

The long-awaited high-end large displacement dirt bike for rally race--the Shineray X5 (XY400GY) which was decorated with a big red flower officially went off the third production line of Shineray Motorcycle Production Workshop on 3rd August, 2012. Shineray Motorcycle Company's senior leaders including General Manager Mr. Zhang Bin along with its R & D team and production team presented the off-the production-line ceremony.
    The chief designer of Shineray X5 Mr. He Weiqi briefly introduced Shineray X5's R & D progress, performance and features, market demands and so on to the crowd on the ceremony. General Manager Mr. Zhang Bin gave a speech about the strategic significance for developing Shineray X5. The first Shineray X5 dirt bike went off the production line amid the ribbon-cutting ceremony. Shineray's senior leaders signed their names on the bike, and took photos together to record this significant moment.
    In order to satisfy the strategic development needs of Shineray and meet market demands, Shineray spent more than two years in developing the Shineray X5 which is China's first high-end long-distance dirt bike for rally race. It enriches Shineray's dirt bike product lineup. It also occupies great significance in terms of Shineray's overall products strategy.
    Shineray X5 caused a stir as soon as it's displayed on the CIMAMotor 2011 and Canton Fair 2011 by its sturdy body and dominating spirit. It was also given the honorary title '2011 Motorcycle Innovation Results Gold Medal' by the China Industrial Paper Press and China Automobile & Motorcycle Industry Annual Selection Committee. The current model has greatly improved itself in its comfortableness, maneuverability, power performance, utility and all other features than those of the model displayed on the CIMAMotor 2011 and Canton Fair 2011.
    Shineray X5 greatly satisfies the demands for featured high-end dirt bikes for rally race both at home and abroad. Shineray X5 adopts frame built-in engine lubricant and large capacity petrol tank design to meet its needs for light weight and long-distance travel. Its quick detachable air filter is easy to be maintained. In terms of its frame, Shineray X5 successfully adopts the design of built-in cooling system by engine lubricant in its frame. A complete set of production techniques and technical regulations was formed after Shineray Daimler Research Institute R & D team's ceaseless efforts, repeated tests and exploration. This also helps accumulate valuable experience for Shineray to manufacture high-end vehicle frames.
    Shineray X5 has won many patents. It adopts the powerful 185YMQ 400cc oil-cooled engine which is independently developed by Shineray. Its sports character and fashionable concept of leisure travel are perfectly expressed by its fully dominating appearance design.
    In order to meet the requirements of China's third-stage emission control, Shineray is now working together with Siemens China and Synerject to develop EFI system. It's estimated that the EFI system development for Shineray X5 will be completed by year end 2012. It will also accumulate considerable technical experience for the company to develop large displacement motorcycle EFI systems in the future.
    The launch of Shineray X5 will inevitably bring a great mass fervor for dirt bike travel in China, push the product upgrade and regeneration of Shineray, and lead technical advance of the industry.
    Next, Shineray X5 will endure a rally test starting from Chongqing, and then to Wuhan, Hefei, Nanjing, Shanghai, Dalian, Jilin, Tianjin, Hohhot, Xi'an and then back to Chongqing. To be continued with more exciting news.

The article is off the Shineray website and dated the fourth of August 2012, it reads contradictory as it only claims it is a rally bike and that it is being developed with EFI to meet regulations for commuter use, by the end of the year.

10. #70 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    All the manufactures that are not violating the C3 are bitching that others are and that the government is doing nothing to stop them. Shineray is not claiming the bike is C3 yet.

If it is not C3 then its an export bike and only to markets that it meets emissions in, it cannot be exported to the USA as an off road bike if it does not meet the usa emission standards and cannot be considered off-road if it is equipped with street riding features, light, blinkers and a horn.

They try to pass of the dual sports that do not have an emissions certificate in the USA as we speak. They avoid the question or divert from it, when asked is it street legal they say check in your state.

That X5 has great potential but do not get screwed, its not C3 yet if it is then it should be on the website and with that claim, then find the list its on the internet.

I believe it is somewhere in this garbage can…..http://www.chinamotorcycle.com/NewsL...3872441_1.aspx

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast