Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1. #81 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    well I don't believe the price at all. the seller also did say he wasn't sure on the price and it was just his feeling on what the price might be. at the end of this is China, don't take anything literally...

2. #82 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    Quote Originally Posted by zhu View Post
    hard to imagine this bike will be 6000 rmb if the x2 is 17000?
    also if the RFVC is based on the old honda design meaning radial valves
    nothing but trouble ,even honda ditched this idea after a few years
    Honda still uses the RFVC in the XR line...

that engine was in the XR400 from 1996 to 2004

3. #83 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    The Shineray X-5 engine is a copy of the Honda XR400, is it the same engine offered in Japan in 2005?
    Attachment 9115

This is Honda statement on that engine….

Powerful, responsive engine
    The air-cooled, single-cylinder, 400 cc, OHC, 4-stroke engine employs a radial four-valve combustion chamber (RFVC) structure for excellent combustion efficiency. The 34 mm carburetor diameter and transmission gear ratios, both special-specification, improve intake and exhaust efficiency for superb acceleration at low- to mid-range speeds and powerful engine responsiveness. In addition, the reduced moment of inertia of the ACG rotor improves throttle response. These features add up to an engine not only ideal for city riding, but also powerful enough to endure tough Super Motard races.

Here are the specifications on the engine. (there are power rating discrepancies on the actual rated power from 22kw to 24kw?
    It should have about a 30hp engine and if they got it right its not a bad engine, there were some issues with cam mounting screws in early models.

Honda replaced that engine with the water cooled 450 that is being copied by Asia Wing.
    It is not a modern engine....but I do not think it is considered by most as a bad design.
    Last edited by MJH; 10-29-2012 at 03:28 PM.

4. #84 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    It was not bad choice for Shineray to bring to the market, It is not likely that technology is under a patent, the design is real close to the modern XR300, but not identical that could get them in trouble for violating the Honda design style, those types of patents on a design are renewable and in that can theoretically never expire.

Importing that to the USA is entirely not a bad idea, they should configure it to the carbureted speciation of the 2004 Honda. Then get it a legitimate EPA certificate and see if they can bring it to the USA through Qlink? That is very possible, but they really need to consider the pricing and also methods used in marketing to dealers.

Qlink could bring that bike into its product line with the X-2, they seem to intend to bring to the USA. They really have to follow federal regulations to the letter these days though, others have really screwed it up with falsifying EPA applications and also not adhering the FMVSS regulations, to include the NHSTA regulation.

5. #85 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    The price would have to be under $4,000.00 USD for that bike, they would have to be able to offer it for probably about $3,650.00 and then offer sales with another $250.00 off if it did not sell fast.

The X-2 could be $3,150.00 and also offer sales if it did not move.

Qlink needs to lower its prices and start moving inventory again.

They need to bring down the price on the XP/XF to $2,250.00 and then run special if needed on those.

They have to have more offerings and stepped ranges and prices.

They should advertise for each dealer in local papers and cable TV then they will move inventory very fast, many people are not aware of the lowered cost options.

Qlink may want to differentiate the brand names and marketing of their imports, they might want to consider offering each under its Chinese brand name. The Shineray should be offered as XinYuan and that could be abbreviated to XY Motors or XYM as an insignia/trademark. Aligning on that brings about synergy and will elievate all the levels of ego involved and related false pride and falsities in names.

People will eventually except the Chinese motorcycles and better to attain that respect in complete legitimacy. Avoid the hokey names and gimmicks, just identify them and the manufacturer, offer them with full documentation and legitimate support and good prices.
    Last edited by MJH; 08-24-2012 at 11:56 PM.

6. #86 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    MHJ you cant be more rigth on this.Start with the Qlink company wich i consider ones of the few that are trying very hard to stablishe a decent Chinese motorcycle line in the USA.They told me that the price of the Shineray 250 mx will be 3,600. USD.So i figure that the d/p 250 could be around 3,999. or a little bit more. If that is the case they have to be carefull to not to rise close to the new Honda 250 d/p. If they bring the 400 with decent suspesion & quality could sell a lot because this bike (Honda XR 400) have good reputation in USA.Regard to the funny names i am with you too! Its riduclous the kind of name that some importers put on the models and how bad this hurt there products (What they are Thinking),the companies who manufacture this must do something to stop this or the will never get a serious recognition on the market.That is the problem with private labels unless the contract stop doing that.But they just one to sell today even dont sell tomorow!In the history of KTM they strugle to rise the company but never change the name and in the beggining they sell thru Penton in USA but after a couple years they stop them.They knew it will hurt the sales & reputation in the future.

7. #87 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    The X-5

Honda XR300

Derbi Terra

That style bike is not uncommon, the X-5 is actually the best type I have seen that follows that stylization.

8. #88 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    To me this X5 looks like as if it was designed by the same man who designed the Yamaha Tenere, like it is her's younger brother.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

9. #89 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    To me this X5 looks like as if it was designed by the same man who designed the Yamaha Tenere, like it is her's younger brother.
    Yes it does, except for the beak, Shineray could leave off the beak like front fender.

Honda used that engine in street standards in the late 90's

CL400RS

10. #90 Re: The rummored Shineray X5 is coming 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Honda still uses the RFVC in the XR line...

that engine was in the XR400 from 1996 to 2004
    Ive got a dual carbed '85 250R, '87 600R and have been looking for a 350R

the dual carbs RULE when they are right but all of them were heat sensitive, they would crack the heads between the exhaust port and spark plug holes, still ran but smoked blue.

never run them lean, never block the tank vent tube, never let them get caked with mud. run a cooler spark plug and get a temprature guage/ dipstick. spare heads are hard to find these days.

is the 3rd xr250 i've built and the one iv'e got in the garage stripped down is now calling me, had the frame shot blast ready for coating, pulled the engine apart ready to put a nice 277 in there and the bloody head is cracked,

Nov 2011 ... I have a chance to pick up a 4 valve rvfc xr 200 engine cheap. The head is
    cracked

in my life as a tig welder i have welded up dozens of these heads

the design is flawed

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast