Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Garmin maps fix

1. #1 Garmin maps fix 
    I was told to correct the offset on the Garmin GPS maps for China for my garmin 60csx

"a .bin file needs to be downloaded from Garmin to correct about a 100m offset; without this the GPS shows your location to be about 100 m west of where you actually are."

Does anyone know if this is true?

2. #2 Re: Garmin maps fix 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    I will keep it short... if you have a Garmin navigator of any description purchased from outside mainland then, yes, there is an inherent offset in the China map when used in such a device which can be anything from 0m-500m. Devices sold by Garmin's distributor inside China is UNISTRONG and their devices do not have the offset with the China maps they provide. You have a choice with your device... either contact UNISTRONG China for a map, who now support selling said map for most (but not all) Garmin devices sourced outside PRC (though this never used to be the case). Alternatively if you search online you can find some other sources and information which can be of assistance ;) I won't say anything than that other than to say...

... without letting the cat-out-of-the-bag, all my Garmin maps work very well on the many devices I've been using... nuff said.