Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Jialing JH600 in Brazil 
    I think those are blue fembots, manufactured by the Chinese Ordnance Group, being tested by the Brazilin Defense Ministry. That ones facial circuits may be malfunctioning, it may be attempting to cut the bad circuit automatically.

2. #12 Re: Jialing JH600 in Brazil 
    Interested to see how the JH600 handles the Ethanol fuel in Brazil. Honda has developed many flexible-fuel technology innovations, including MIX/ALCOHOL injectors and a Replaceable Secondary Filter for motorcycles. These innovations may need to be added to the JH600 for optimal performance when running on Sugarcane!

From Wikipedia:
    There are no longer any light vehicles in Brazil running on pure gasoline. Since 1976 the government made it mandatory to blend anhydrous ethanol with gasoline, fluctuating between 10% to 22% and requiring just a minor adjustment on regular gasoline engines. In 1993 the mandatory blend was fixed by law at 22% anhydrous ethanol (E22) by volume in the entire country, but with leeway to the Executive to set different percentages of ethanol within pre-established boundaries. In 2003 these limits were set at a minimum of 20% and a maximum of 25%. Since July 1, 2007 the mandatory blend is 25% of anhydrous ethanol and 75% gasoline or E25 blend.The lower limit was reduced to 18% in April 2011 due to recurring ethanol supply shortages and high prices that take place between harvest seasons.

The Brazilian car manufacturing industry developed flexible-fuel vehicles that can run on any proportion of gasoline (E20-E25 blend) and hydrous ethanol (E100). Introduced in the market in 2003, flex vehicles became a commercial success, reaching a record 92.3% share of all new cars and light vehicle sales for 2009. By December 2009 they represented 39% of Brazil's registered Otto cycle light motor vehicle fleet, and the cumulative production of flex-fuel cars and light commercial vehicles reached the milestone of 10 million vehicles in March 2010, with 70 flex models available in the market by mid 2010 from 11 major carmakers. The success of "flex" vehicles, together with the mandatory E25 blend throughout the country, have allowed ethanol fuel consumption in the country to achieve a 50% market share of the gasoline-powered fleet by February 2008. In terms of energy equivalent, sugarcane ethanol represented 17.6% of the country's total energy consumption by the transport sector in 2008.

3. #13 Re: Jialing JH600 in Brazil 
    C-Moto Guru
    China is blending Ethanol as well - especially Guangxi Province, mostly from Sugar Cane & Cassava. Fuel in Guangxi has a minimum of 10% bio-ethanol in it, often more! The quality is not very stable and the blend is often of dubious quality resulting in many problems.

If you ever in Guangxi province and have problems with your engine you never had before, a good chance they are fuel related!

4. #14 Re: Jialing JH600 in Brazil 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    You can still get gasoline that does not contain Ethanol here in Brazil, just cost more. Just have to wait to see if the JH600 is tweeked to run on E25 or so.

5. #15 Re: Jialing JH600 in Brazil 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Looks like it is offical. TRAXX has announced the release of the Dunna 600.
    http://traxx.com.br/dunna/

Just need to wait to see if the release a hacked version.

6. #16 Re: Jialing JH600 in Brazil 
    did you see the price its 19.880.00

7. #17 Re: Jialing JH600 in Brazil 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    did you see the price its 19.880.00
    Wow, about 62,000 rmb (double the China price).

I've heard that Brazil has high import duties for motorcycles, and bikes are expensive there, but I don't really know.

What I do know is that Brazil is an amazingly beautiful country! Unlucky with prices, lucky with scenery & lifestyle!

Does the name "Dunna" mean anything in Portuguese?

8. #18 Re: Jialing JH600 in Brazil 
    Duna means dune, they threw in an extra letter n and made it Dunna, dunno why they would, maybe somebody in the marketing department at Traxx likes double consonants?

9. #19 Re: Jialing JH600 in Brazil 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    wow!!! 62K for a Jialing JH600, no thanks! I'd be buying a much better bike for that amount of money. In that situation even if I didn't have enough money for something like a KLR650 or DR650 or DL650 I'd just keep saving until I had enough money to buy one of these long before I'd spend anywhere near 62K.

I'm not even prepared to buy one in mainland China for 30K+ after the bad after sales support other MCM owners have had with their JH600's. I don't support manufacturers who don't give a toss about their customers (which is very typical in PRC -IMO and experience). YMMV!

10. #20 Re: Jialing JH600 in Brazil 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Duna means dune, they threw in an extra letter n and made it Dunna, dunno why they would, maybe somebody in the marketing department at Traxx likes double consonants?
    Dunna is a colloquial term used in parts of Australia for a Duvet (bed covering). In this context, maybe Dunna is quite fitting... LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast