Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1 New Jialing biker in Shanghai. 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    14
    Hello MCM peoples,

    I'm new on this site and also new rider. I just bought Jialing motorcycle 1.5 month ago. I don`t have any experience with motorbikes before ( scooter and my grandfather sidecar I don`t want to count:) I chose Jialing bike only because MCM guys good and positive comments ( especially after impressive and great photo stories from Pfaelzer). I even been in Yongkang and bought the same panniers:) Unfortunately, I`m not so happy with Jialing moto, or maybe just unlucky. We even have problem with delivery in the beginning.
    When I got my bike and open a box - speedometer sensor was broken and we order replacement, so first 200 km I rode without any info :)
    But this is nothing compare with what I discover now. Maybe I`m too picky, but after 80 Km/h I feel my motorbike starts to shake and I cannot speed up smoothly like on 3 or 4 gear. I know you MCM guys are much more experienced, so, maybe someone have similar problem with Jialing 600-A.
    I`ll be very appreciate for any advice.

    me and my Jialing baby



    joker346
    Last edited by joker346; 10-10-2011 at 04:40 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2 Re: New Jialing biker in Shanghai. 
    Senior C-Moto Guru euphonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Posts
    3,223
    Dear Joker346,

    Greetings and welcome to MCM, and welcome to the joys and frustrations of the JH600. Yes, there are several of us who are amassing quite a bit of experience with the bike as well as with the Jialing support community (which is evanescent at best). Are you working with Liu Zhidong and Fan Peisheng?

    The problems you are describing with your bike are not ones that I've experienced, and are not on the short list of "things that are problems with the JH600". So it's good that you are raising them now. I'm away from Shanghai for a couple more weeks, but there are five or six of us in Shanghai who are really getting to know the bike well, so don't give up hope. If you bought the bike new, you are under warranty and should fight like hell to get everything sorted. The problems of shifting at speed and vibrations are serious safety issues, and should not be taken lightly. No, you absolutely are not being too picky. The JH600 is a smooth riding bike, and you should address those issues.

    I can be a bit more helpful once I'm back.

    Bike looks great, and I see you too got the memo about the superiority of black bikes!

    cheers!
    Last edited by euphonius; 10-10-2011 at 02:02 AM.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3 Re: New Jialing biker in Shanghai. 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada/Europe/Asia
    Posts
    1,728
    Welcome Joker346!

    It is always great to have another one in the JH600 & MCM families, albeit in Shanghai (which, as a Beijinger, I am obliged to snarl at).

    The JH600 is a good bike for China. It has a few "Chinese characteristics" that we JH600 owners are trying to sort out, but I've never experienced any shaking/shuddering. I agree with Euphonius that it is a surprisingly smooth bike.

    And yes, make sure you get Jialing to address everything under warranty. Like all bikes, from all manufacturers, there are going to be some initial problems. Just keep in mind that the "standard of mechanical service" in China, across all dealers (domestic & imported), is still under development.

    Nice color!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4 Re: New Jialing biker in Shanghai. 
    C-Moto Guru MotoKai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    418
    Hi Joker,

    Welcome to the JH600 family!
    The shake that you are describing is indeed strange. The only shake any of us have encountered was from a balance issue due to too much mud caked in the the wheel...haha (the JH600s can be fun off-road as well) . I'm sure we'll find a quick fix to your problem and the 2 of you can settle into a long-term relationship.

    I'll PM you my contact info. Give me a shout and we'll discuss the issue and make sure you're using the right service channels to get it resolved soon.

    Motokai
    _____________________
    嘉陵 JH600-A (Upgraded)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5 Re: New Jialing biker in Shanghai. 
    C-Moto Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    407
    Does it happen when you open the throttle slowly or fast or just always over 80km/h?
    Did this happen from the start?
    Did you check your rims?
    What about if you go over 80 in 4th gear?

    I had a stuttering problem due to a badly connected battery, but that happened in any gear then obviously.
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6 Re: New Jialing biker in Shanghai. 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Dear Joker346,

    Greetings and welcome to MCM, and welcome to the joys and frustrations of the JH600. Yes, there are several of us who are amassing quite a bit of experience with the bike as well as with the Jialing support community (which is evanescent at best). Are you working with Liu Zhidong and Fan Peisheng?

    The problems you are describing with your bike are not ones that I've experienced, and are not on the short list of "things that are problems with the JH600". So it's good that you are raising them now. I'm away from Shanghai for a couple more weeks, but there are five or six of us in Shanghai who are really getting to know the bike well, so don't give up hope. If you bought the bike new, you are under warranty and should fight like hell to get everything sorted. The problems of shifting at speed and vibrations are serious safety issues, and should not be taken lightly. No, you absolutely are not being too picky. The JH600 is a smooth riding bike, and you should address those issues.

    I can be a bit more helpful once I'm back.

    Bike looks great, and I see you too got the memo about the superiority of black bikes!

    cheers!
    Thanks for warm welcome !
    Yes you absolutely right. I bought bike through Liu Zhidong :) Bike is totally new and of course I have warranty. I already been in official service shop, they changed me broken speedometer sensor, but for others problems unfortunately they don`t have solution. Guy in shop just connect me with Daniel, and he advice me to go to Pudong to small local shop. I`ve already been there, so local master check my bike and says that shakes it`s normal for chinese engine. So right now I`m quite confused. I hope with MCM members guys I can find solution to solve this problem.

    Thanks again for your help.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7 Re: New Jialing biker in Shanghai. 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Welcome Joker346!

    It is always great to have another one in the JH600 & MCM families, albeit in Shanghai (which, as a Beijinger, I am obliged to snarl at).

    The JH600 is a good bike for China. It has a few "Chinese characteristics" that we JH600 owners are trying to sort out, but I've never experienced any shaking/shuddering. I agree with Euphonius that it is a surprisingly smooth bike.

    And yes, make sure you get Jialing to address everything under warranty. Like all bikes, from all manufacturers, there are going to be some initial problems. Just keep in mind that the "standard of mechanical service" in China, across all dealers (domestic & imported), is still under development.

    Nice color!
    Hello and Thanks :)
    Actually I`m little bit afraid of warranty. I already been in the service shop, I was surprised, that guys even don`t have a lot of spare parts and computer diagnostic equipment. Maybe I`m expecting too much, but looks like for full diagnostic I should travel to Sichuan :(
    I`m not engineer and it`It`s makes me sad :(

    Thanks for your concern.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8 Re: New Jialing biker in Shanghai. 
    Senior C-Moto Guru euphonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Posts
    3,223
    Dear Victor,

    You are getting the classic Shanghai runaround. You need to push LZD to help you deal directly with the factory, since both Xiao Fan (at the shop in Honggu Lu) and Liu do not really know what they are doing with the JH600. Though LZD rides the 600B, neither of these guys has any experience riding the two-wheel 600A because they say it's too big for them. The guy in Pudong, who we call Dr Cui, is a very capable mechanic but he too has very little experience with the JH600, especially as a rider. He's a wizard with engines, but knows nothing about how the bike should ride. To my knowledge, he's ridden the JH600 only once, and that was Motokai's.

    Prepare to be very firm with them. LZD usually does get results, but sometimes you have to push. And he works at his own speed.

    Dr Cui is wrong about vibration. The JH600 has a very well balanced engine and produces very little vibration. It is a thumper, with just one big cylinder running four strokes. So you cannot compare the feeling to a twin or quad cylinder bike. But in our experience, the bike runs quite smoothly at all rpms and speeds. You should insist on this.

    Be sure to follow up with Motokai, who can help you understand what gets a response from LZD.

    good luck!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9 Re: New Jialing biker in Shanghai. 
    C-Moto Guru MotoKai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    418
    Yeah, Victor and I already traded contact info - give me a shout!
    Also if you want to get together to trade bikes for a short sprint to feel out the difference, I'm available.
    _____________________
    嘉陵 JH600-A (Upgraded)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10 Re: New Jialing biker in Shanghai. 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Does it happen when you open the throttle slowly or fast or just always over 80km/h?
    Did this happen from the start?
    Did you check your rims?
    What about if you go over 80 in 4th gear?

    I had a stuttering problem due to a badly connected battery, but that happened in any gear then obviously.
    Hello ,
    It happen when I slowly open the throttle and after 80Km/h I feel how my engine starts to shake, I feel like I need to switch to 6th gear, but I have only 5 of them : )
    From the beginning I was very afraid to speed up because my bike was totally new, and I start to test it for such speed only after 2000 km.
    About the rims - I have no idea what are you talking about :) But maybe someone can help me to do that and check. I`m not engineer yet, but looks like I`ll become soon :)
    Maybe, as you said, I should try to go over 80 in 4th gear, but I feel I should switch to 5th gear after 60-65 Km/h. But I`ll try to follow your advice.
    Lucky I don`t have any problem with battery. It still works fine. Many thanks for your advises, I`ll try to follow up and let you know.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. new biker in beijing
    By hirschhs in forum Welcome to MCM!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-06-2011, 11:00 AM
  2. If you're a biker, you'll enjoy this
    By Serpentza in forum Off Topic Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-17-2011, 11:29 AM
  3. Dragon Boat Biker Meeting 2011
    By chinabiker in forum Ride Reports and Meetings
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-15-2010, 03:48 AM
  4. Biker Gathering in Beijing, 25.04.2010
    By SabineHartmann in forum Ride Reports and Meetings
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-25-2010, 10:27 PM
  5. Hello from Ningbo biker
    By bikerdoc in forum Welcome to MCM!
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-20-2009, 05:30 AM
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •