Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: New Jialing biker in Shanghai. 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Motokai I`ll try to catch up you tomorrow. It will be great if you have time tomorrow evening we can make a small test and you can look at bike by yourself. I`m quite sure you can explain me a lot :) Thanks again and I will cal you tomorrow.

2. #12 Re: New Jialing biker in Shanghai. 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Dear Victor,

You are getting the classic Shanghai runaround. You need to push LZD to help you deal directly with the factory, since both Xiao Fan (at the shop in Honggu Lu) and Liu do not really know what they are doing with the JH600. Though LZD rides the 600B, neither of these guys has any experience riding the two-wheel 600A because they say it's too big for them. The guy in Pudong, who we call Dr Cui, is a very capable mechanic but he too has very little experience with the JH600, especially as a rider. He's a wizard with engines, but knows nothing about how the bike should ride. To my knowledge, he's ridden the JH600 only once, and that was Motokai's.

Prepare to be very firm with them. LZD usually does get results, but sometimes you have to push. And he works at his own speed.

Dr Cui is wrong about vibration. The JH600 has a very well balanced engine and produces very little vibration. It is a thumper, with just one big cylinder running four strokes. So you cannot compare the feeling to a twin or quad cylinder bike. But in our experience, the bike runs quite smoothly at all rpms and speeds. You should insist on this.

Be sure to follow up with Motokai, who can help you understand what gets a response from LZD.

good luck!
    Thanks Euphonius for such advanced explanation. I already have Motokai`s contact - I`ll try to catch this master guru ASAP and let you know about progress. I really hope I will enjoy smooth and safe ride very soon especially with your MCM guys help. Thanks again.

3. #13 Re: New Jialing biker in Shanghai. 
    Quote Originally Posted by joker346 View Post
    Hello ,
    It happen when I slowly open the throttle and after 80Km/h I feel how my engine starts to shake,.........
    About the rims - I have no idea what are you talking about :) But maybe someone can help me to do that and check. I`m not engineer yet, but looks like I`ll become soon :)
    Maybe, as you said, I should try to go over 80 in 4th gear, but I feel I should switch to 5th gear after 60-65 Km/h. But I`ll try to follow your advice.
    About the rims: They might be out of balance, which causes vibration at certain speed. Unfortunately there is no one in Shanghai who provide the tire balance service for motorcycles unless you go to Tianma race track. I kind of doubt that that's your problem.

About shifting the gears: shifting to the 5th gear after 60-65 KM/h is way too early in my experience. Your Jialing will shake for sure in that case, especially with your habit of "slowly open the throttle" after shifting. I frequently shift after 80, depending on the terrain and wind resistance. Gear shifting at higher rpm gives you more power and less shaking.

Dr. Cui's opinion and judgement is usually correct. He has quickly become a local expert on our JH600, as LZD frequently involves him in servicing the large number of JH600B's owned by some military base in Suzhou. He fixed a serious engine stalling problem for me, which has been running great for over 4000km now. He also did some test ride on my Jialing, so he is not completely without riding experience with our Jialings.

Just my 2 cents.
    Cheers!

4. #14 Re: New Jialing biker in Shanghai. 
    C-Moto Guru
    Hi Joker, what's status on your bike? We haven't heard from you anymore!
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

5. #15 Re: New Jialing biker in Shanghai. 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi, sorry for my late answer.
    Finally I met Motokai and we switched our bikes for test. We take a ride and I feel the same with his bike and even little bit more :) I think this time we made around 110-130 km/h. After all Motokai told me it`s normal vibration and don`t need to worry about it. I trust him and I feel more cool right now :)
    Thanks all of you guys for support !!!

6. #16 Re: New Jialing biker in Shanghai. 
    C-Moto Regular
    all shanghai JH600ers should come out to have a group test

7. #17 Re: New Jialing biker in Shanghai. 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I`d like to, it will be great for all of us.

8. #18 Re: New Jialing biker in Shanghai. 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    I'm keen convene a JH600 love-in too, though Fons just told me he'll be away this weekend.

I see that Corporal_Clegg, who how is now gainfully employed and flush with cash, has called for a (No-)Bike Night, which of course means the first round is on him. Just to be clear, this is for all MCM members, not just Jialingistas, who are known to sputter when their tanks are too full.

How about this weekend? Friday evening? Saturday evening?
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #19 Re: New Jialing biker in Shanghai. 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Friday or Saturday evenings - both days are warmly welcome for me :) just tell me where and when you prefer to start "engine" :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12