Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Monster Adrenaline! :D 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey guys, I'm new to this forum but it looks like a fun place to be in so I decided to make an account :P

Recently I bought a Pulse Adrenaline 125 and took those lame stickers and put some of my Monster Energy ones^^ Pics attatched :D

Obraz 007.jpgObraz 005.jpgObraz 006.jpgObraz 008.jpgObraz 009.jpg

any comments, idea or improvements- please post! :)

2. #2 Re: Monster Adrenaline! :D 
    definitely remove the rear pillion grab handles unless you plan on keeping her when you pass your full bike test and also the exhaust asit'll just deteriate more in UK winters the chromed version looks allot cleaner and then changing the silencer will match much better

3. #3 Re: Monster Adrenaline! :D 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Damn, blu4, that bike looks like fun. Love the green (monster) accents. I'd go for some hand guards for sure, for the protection they provide when you drop the bike. Which you will.

And welcome to the forum! I love first posts with pictures of bikes.

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #4 Re: Monster Adrenaline! :D 
    C-Moto Noob
    I won't drop it mate, don't you worry :D

5. #5 Re: Monster Adrenaline! :D 
    SEE profile pic for new age washing machine
    you never know.

i swore i would never drop my bike, and i havent really. i have lit dropped it, put the stand down, walked away and sat on a wall to have a ciggy break and bang, damn thing fell over snapping the front break leaver clean off and bending the handle bars, bending the drivers foot peg and even took off a mirror.

i have come toooooo close to laying the bike down (due to stupidity in winter and thinking it would be fun to play on ice roads) (aghh young and stupid to old and grumpy)

6. #6 Re: Monster Adrenaline! :D 
    Dear blu4,

I'm not saying YOU will drop your bike (although you will), but the odds are that a bike will be dropped -- especially a fun little dual sport like your Adrenaline. The odds are also that not only will you drop the bike, you'll also go down on the bike. Moreover, there's no shame in dropping a bike like that; quite the opposite, if you manage to never drop it, you are probably driving like an old lady to church, leaving most of its abilities (and fun) on the table.

Finally, in all seriousness, if you think you will never drop your bike or fall, you should perhaps consider stopping riding, because you are not consciously preparing for the inevitable. You've surely heard the old saw: There are only two kinds of motorcyclists, those who have crashed and those who will. I thought I'd never crash, and I did. Now when I ride I'm prepared for it, and I get way more enjoyment out of it. With a bike like the Adrenaline, you should be expecting to drop and to fall and to crash, and learn from each event, and your skill level will soar.

Then again, we all ride differently, and have different expectations of our riding.

/sermon

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai

7. #7 Re: Monster Adrenaline! :D 
    C-Moto Noob
    well, I'm not trying to be a bitch, I have been riding for 3 weeks now, If I crash I will let u know ;p

what about those guards you are speaking of? any links?

8. #8 Re: Monster Adrenaline! :D 
    SEE profile pic for new age washing machine
    Quote Originally Posted by blu4 View Post
    what about those guards you are speaking of? any links?
    <<<lightend is impressed. you listened to reason and more importantly to someone who was riding bikes since when the dinosaurs ruled the world, Euphonius.

9. #9 Re: Monster Adrenaline! :D 
    C-Moto Noob
    thanks for acknowlegement, but that does not answer my question ;>

10. #10 Re: Monster Adrenaline! :D 
    Here's what I just put on my KLR650 in California. They are super strong. When (OK, OK, if) you drop your bike, this will 100% prevent your clutch or brake lever from being snapped off. (Losing your front brake is one thing; losing your clutch is quite another.) If you ride through brambles, this will keep your hands or gloves from being ripped to shreds. An essential addition to a dirt bike, given that they were designed to be dropped...

google for "acerbis hand guards" or "motorcycle hand guards". another great choice is barkbusters, from australia...

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast