Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Kinlon 200RT advise? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi,

I am looking at buying a Kinlon 250rt (In Australia)and wondered if anyone knows how easy the last few parts are to assemble and what people think about these bikes, I have read a few posts but couldn't find anything about assembly or reviews.

I was told by the dealer that the front wheel and handlebars need to be assembled and the rear shock is not connected? I am ok with mechanical things but dont have much bike experience and dont want to get it and be fu**ed

Also does anyone know of dealers that sell the 200SM model in Melbourne (As I am in Tasmania, and there are no dealers here) and performance differences as it would be mostly for road use?

Anyone bought one of these in a crate and done this in AUS?

I appreciate any help, feedback and advise you guys can give in regards to these bikes.

Cheers

Dirtos

2. #2 Re: Kinlon 200RT advise? 
    C-Moto Noob
    And just to add ppl, would a bike like the 200RT with those tyres be super impractical on road? Would I need to change them?

3. #3 Re: Kinlon 200RT advise? 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Dirtos,

Greetings and welcome to the forum. We've got several Kinlon owners from Australia in MCM so your odds of getting specific answers are good. As for assembling the bike "dealerlessly" from the crate, that's common to China bikes in many countries, especially the US. ideally the dealer will supply a decent manual to guide you, so ask them about that. Otherwise, just be ready to post questions here in MCM and you'll get plenty of support.

Barnone and other bobber owners have posted a lot about the process, and may have some tips about what tools to have on hand what to expect. But rest assured you are not the first; it's been done plenty of times before!

Can you post links to the two bikes you mention in your post so we can have an idea about the stock tires you asked about?

I say go for it! The more you get a spanner on her in her first days the more confident you'll be to wrench her in future. One final word: get a torque wrench and be sure to check every bolt on the bike to ensure it's tightened to spec. A good dealer will do that but many don't.

Good luck and please be prepared to post pix of the uncrating and assembly and, above all, your maiden ride!

Cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #4 Re: Kinlon 200RT advise? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi,

And thanks for your response, I am tossing up between the Kinlon's 200 RT (Road trail) and 200 SM (super motard, although I cant find dealers that sell these around me!) so 1 having larger wheels and slightly knobby tyres and the other with smaller wheels and road tyres?

Cheers

Pics are:

and

Cheers