Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Hello!...and some question about my bike (Kinlon JL250sm) 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi Guys,

I´ve been reading your forum for quite a while but this is my first time posting

I have a chinese bike, Kinlon jl250sm 2010, for a year now, and it´s a good bike to commute to work and to move around the city (I live in Santiago, Chile). I bought it because it was cheap and it came with a few mods (better exhaust, pirelli tires, fender eliminator, led blinkers, acerbis plastics, NGK racing cable, xenon lights). Now I´m thinking about getting a bigger japanese bike for longer rides, but I don´t want to sell my old bike, I still want to commute in it but I´m thinking in making it more fun, so I want to ask you guys:

-Do you know something about this model? I don´t know much and the previous owner told me that it´s a crf 230 copy...

and Which mods do you think that will make it more fun an a bit more powerful?
    the only mod that I made to it was to put a crf230 racing CDI and put a Brisk racing spark plug...I was thinking about:
    -OKO racing carb and rejet(but I don´t know which one will it fit)
    -Racing coil
    -sproket change
    -Decork or smog
    -any other mod that you would recommend

Here is a picture of the bike model:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_E5db78haI5U/S0...w/DSCF0644.JPG

Thanks all in advance!

Cheers
    Last edited by alcool; 10-18-2011 at 07:37 PM.

2. #2 Re: Hello!...and some question about my bike (Kinlon JL250sm) 
    Hey,

Welcome to the forum, alcool.

I'm no expert, but I'd be u I'd be careful about changing the carb cause the tank already seems so small on that bike.
    If u usually do more than 100km with a full tank, and since u're gonna buy a bigger ride for out of town missions, I suppose it's not a pb...

I'd start by the sprocket for sure, cheap and easy mod, but yea a bigger carb will make more of a difference.

A classic is a few (small) holes in the exhaust, last time I did that was on a vintage italian moped 50cc, and a single hole in the pipe before the exhaust really gave it a second youth, the piston broke in its chamber like a year and a couple thousands km later, I suppose cause the hole was too big and pressure in the exhaust tube too low, still, it was totally worth it.

I dunno about the other things u mentioned.

Peace.
    Le siècle ou nous vivons est un siècle pourri. - Tout n'est que lâcheté, bassesse, - Les plus grands assassins vont aux plus grandes messes - Et sont des plus grands rois les plus grands favoris. - Hommage de l'auteur à ceux qui l'ont compris, - Et merde aux autres.
    Georges Brassens