Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: You can shove that up your ......(rant) 
    As a long time Apple/Windows/Unix user, this is how I felt from 1998-2005....

[RANT]
    What is it these days? Everywhere I go I've got people giving Microsoft free advertising, telling me 'I just gotta' buy some product or other.

I DON'T WANT!

I've used their products, and IMO they are all over-rated garbage with highly propitiatory file formats, programs, and protocols.

The more I have these products shoved in my face, the more I want to smash them to pieces. If Microsoft users could just use their product(s) and shut up about it I wouldn't mind, but they seem more sold on their OS and shitty hardware than Tom Cruise at a Scientology convention.

Solitaire is lame, fu**ing lame.

[/RANT]

2. #12 Re: You can shove that up your ......(rant) 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuhaus View Post
    Am I gonna be called a lamer for browsing MCM on my ipad?
    You are not lame if it is an ipad2.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

3. #13 Re: You can shove that up your ......(rant) 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuhaus
    Am I gonna be called a lamer for browsing MCM on my ipad2?
    If you can upload a photo rotate it 90 degrees and put it in a folder of your choice on an ipad2 I wouldn't call you lame for browsing MCM.
    Last edited by ZMC888; 10-20-2011 at 03:15 PM.

4. #14 Re: You can shove that up your ......(rant) 
    China V, that's less original than a Regal Raptor engine. Ahh, can't take a little Apple hatin'?

Sent from Uranus using tapatalk

5. #15 Re: You can shove that up your ......(rant) 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    If you can upload a photo rotate it 90 degrees and put it in a folder of your choice on an ipad2 I wouldn't call you lame for browsing MCM.
    Challenge accepted!

Used a photo of my bike emailed to me by 998S. Does that still count? Then used Photoshop app to rotate it (why? them's the rules) and Photobucket app to upload it to Photobucket, then got the code for posting it here. Only thing missing is the "folder of your choice" bit, however, I'm not sure how that's necessary. Ipad OS has an app that gives me easy acces to all my photos so I don't worry about what folder they're in. I haven't tried organizing them yet, but I'm sure there's a free app for that too.

6. #16 Re: You can shove that up your ......(rant) 
    Ahh so the ipad doesn't automatically dumb down your photos and put them into a generic .jpg format and not even allow you to turn the image around or store them in the folder of your choice?

Just buy a Linux web book for half the price, and do more. Shame they don't look as pretty or have such cultish advertising, but oh well.

7. #17 Re: You can shove that up your ......(rant) 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Ahh so the ipad doesn't automatically dumb down your photos and put them into a generic .jpg format and not even allow you to turn the image around or store them in the folder of your choice?

Just buy a Linux web book for half the price, and do more. Shame they don't look as pretty or have such cultish advertising, but oh well.
    I didn't buy the ipad for doing photo stuff, as I'm not really interested in photography. That being said, I think it's managed to complete the tasks you set for it quite nicely.
    A Linux netbook will not emulate a tube amp plugged into a 4x10 cabinet. Or maybe it will... prove me wrong and I'll reinstall Ubuntu (though I could not get it working with my Soundblaster last time, so uninstalled it). It's also not the best thing for reading a book in bed when you don't want to wake the GF. While I'm not a Mac zealot by any means (Mac desktops are ridiculous), I'm really digging the ipad for now.

Hmmm, seem to be wimping out on the defendmaczealotry rant here.

Ain't that a shiny muffler up there?

8. #18 Re: You can shove that up your ......(rant) 
    Nuhaus, the only thing that really matters is that you are happy and healthy and the same goes for everyone else. You are too damn likable to be able to goad into so BS argument about who likes what technology, it's not worth it.

Ride, love and live my friend, rant over.

I'll put my anti-Apple into a more considered thought. I like to control my devices and computers from the ground up. I like to decide what format and sizing photos are going to be in, where they are on my hard-drive, really I prefer Linux, but these days Windows is very stable and has so many programs that run on it that I use that mostly especially good on desktops, although from a mobile standpoint Linux is better.

I like to throw files into different devices when I like and to put more applications or more codecs in when I want. So using itunes and synching things I find slows me down and irritates the hell out of me. To me Apple devices do not give me enough user control and cost too much.
    Last edited by ZMC888; 10-22-2011 at 12:59 AM.

9. #19 Re: You can shove that up your ......(rant) 
    My six year old likes angry birds.. Are you a six year old?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12