Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 RIP Marco Simoncelli 
    God speed.

Taken to young.

2. #2 Re: RIP Marco Simoncelli 
    Such a shame, he was very talented and mostly likely a future champion.

Not sure of the details yet, other than that it was at the Malaysian motogp.

3. #3 Re: RIP Marco Simoncelli 
    Marco low slided on lap 3 or 4 at the Malaysian motogp.Rossi and Edwards hit him.Not there fault.I believe Rossi is his good friend.Horrific accident.Race cancelled immediately.Looks like his helmet took the full force of the accident it came off.

4. #4 Re: RIP Marco Simoncelli 
    Horrible crash - RIP Marco.
    Andy

5. #5 Re: RIP Marco Simoncelli 
    Terrible news. A big loss for the sport, he was one of the last entertainers in motogp. RIP marco...

6. #6 Re: RIP Marco Simoncelli 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    On turn 11 during lap 2 of the 2011 MotoGP at the Sepang race circuit, Malaysia, rider no.58 Marco Simoncelli went down hard on the right hander and fell to the right cutting into the path of two following riders, Colin Edwards (who dislocated his shoulder in the crash) and Valentino Rossi (who suffered no bodily injury). Both Colin and Valentino had nowhere else to go and both riders and their machines hit Marco and his motorcycle as he slid off to the right of track. In the collision Marco's helmet came off and landed beside his motorcycle off the track, while Marco's motionless body laid on the track. The race was red flagged immediately, and riders returned to the pits, as did Valentino Rossi as he was able to pick up his bike and ride back.

Photos from the Malaysian race
    Commentary from the Malaysian race

I was watching both the final of the Rugby World Cup between France and NZ and the Malaysian MotoGP. Saw the crash, and stayed fairly much stuck with the MotoGP awaiting news of the condition of all the riders involved. Had a lump in my throat at the time as well as a few tears welling up, as it became clear that Marco's condition was critical. Now the tears flow...

RIP Marco, a true talent and upcoming force in MotoGP whose candle has been snuffed out all the too soon. My heart and thoughts go out to Marco's family, his friends, the fellow competitors, all involved with MotoGP, especially the medical/emergency team that I'm sure tried with all they could to revive/save Marco. It's little consolation but Colin and Valentino had no chance to avoid Marco, and my thoughts are with them also.

:'(

7. #7 Re: RIP Marco Simoncelli 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    especially the medical/emergency team that I'm sure tried with all they could to revive/save Marco.
    :'(

The crash is absolutely awful.... Rossi and Edwards couldn't do anything

But a bit more sad is also the emergency team who crashed with the stretcher while evacuating him... did not help for sure

8. #8 Re: RIP Marco Simoncelli 
    Quote Originally Posted by michemouche View Post
    the emergency team who crashed with the stretcher while evacuating him... did not help for sure
    Didn't they do the sme thing with tomizawa last year?