Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: hi everyone

1. #1 hi everyone 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi i have just joined the forum and i am looking forward to learning new ideas and making new friends.
    my name is Glenn i am from the uk at present searching for a new chinese trail bike for fun also to commute to work 125cc or 200cc
    i have had a couple before but due to children sold them on which regreted due they are cheap and lots of fun

2. #2 Re: hi everyone 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Welcome to the Post. I am kind of new to MCM as well, but I have already met a few of the nicest people. There are all kinds of trail bikes on the net, but make sure they have C3 certification so you can license it, or you can buy a used one with license already, but I would not recommand it unless its local and you can try it before you buy. But still you have to be real careful or end up like me, with a bike with a questionable license. By the way, where are you at? Your Profile do not show a location.

3. #3 Re: hi everyone 
    Welcome, Glenn. I think for cheap and ok quality, the TMEC bikes seem to be getting a 'cult' status, at least among a few US owners. However, it seems that the 125cc models seem to be much more plentiful in the UK, and non-existent in the US, while we only get the 200cc model from which I am passing the advice on to you. I found these for reference from the UK:

http://www.dualsport.co.uk/for-sale/TMEC/index.htm

4. #4 Re: hi everyone 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    Welcome, Glenn. I think for cheap and ok quality, the TMEC bikes seem to be getting a 'cult' status, at least among a few US owners. However, it seems that the 125cc models seem to be much more plentiful in the UK, and non-existent in the US, while we only get the 200cc model from which I am passing the advice on to you. I found these for reference from the UK:

http://www.dualsport.co.uk/for-sale/TMEC/index.htm
    thankyou for the link very usefull glennl

5. #5 Re: hi everyone 
    i would try Sinnis apache, WK Trail 125 (a rebadged shineray), Zonghsen Predator ZS125GY-10 (also available rebadged as the pulse artix)
    this website is good for them http://www.motorbike-warehouse.co.uk/
    there are plenty plenty more in the uk but alas i have thermodynamic lectures tomorrow morning so if you need any more that are on the market just ask

6. #6 Re: hi everyone 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn1 View Post
    Hi i have just joined the forum and i am looking forward to learning new ideas and making new friends.
    my name is Glenn i am from the uk at present searching for a new chinese trail bike for fun also to commute to work 125cc or 200cc
    i have had a couple before but due to children sold them on which regreted due they are cheap and lots of fun
    Sorry for the mixup, my brother was honking for me to go to Hong Kong from China at the time, and I did not read your post very carefully.
    What I said applied in China only, I don't know what the availabilety of Chinese bikes are in UK. I do have a couple of pictures of Tmax from a few days ago when I went to the China Export Fair. i might have their catalog if you need it.

The pictures did not show up again. I have to learn how. Here are the URLs: http://www.flickr.com/photos/10364858@N00/6278394227/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/10364858@N00/6278394539/
    Last edited by dy245000; 10-25-2011 at 03:31 AM. Reason: picture did not show up.

7. #7 Re: hi everyone 
    Nice looking in yellow, dy245000. Kennon has some good bikes on that link, too. You have a few more choices, Glenn1, than we do in the US. But for the price, the TMEC's here and there seem to be a good contender. The two TMEC 200 owners from the US here on mychinamoto seemed to have good initial impressions of their bikes, and if I remember, the one or two guys with the 125 from the UK seemed to have good experiences with theirs. For the price point, the TMECs are worth a look. However, Kennon reminded me of the few other choices that you have over there with his link, and some of those brands are worth looking into, if you are willing to spend the extra price. Research the threads regarding the TMECs from the UK and the Apaches, and a few others; there are a few UK-based members, and since your country is physically not too large, you may just find a member nearby who might actually let you ride his bike!

8. #8 Re: hi everyone 
    another good company in the UK based in Peterborough but you can see there bikes on Ebay is PBmotorcycles i got my bike from them great service and they will deliver anywhere in the UK for free i believe
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...hon-PRP-125-SM here is my thread about my bike but the first few pages has bits about the dealership and how great the service i recieved from them was like