Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Cleveland Cyclewerks tha Misfit 
    Well found out that the CCW tha Misfit is hitting the US shores in a few weeks. Will update with a date when I get it but here's a quick vid of the Misfit out in CA
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

2. #2 Re: Cleveland Cyclewerks tha Misfit 
    C-Moto Noob
    hey gardo, ive been following tha heist forum for the past few months trying to catch up on everything but 107 pages is a lot to read so i'm posting here. ive never really ridden before, a couple unsuccessful tries on dirtbikes and an old cb 750 i inherited and sold. ive been looking tha heist for a while and it looks like an amazing bike with lots of potential but the misfit also looks like a lot of fun and bang for the buck. As a beginner i was wondering what advice i could get. im 5'4" and 145ish. I know it all boils down to which one feels better to me but i wont be able to afford a bike for a while so i am just seeing what i can hear and continue to learn what i can with what i have. ive read all the anti ccw/chinese forums and none of them have convinced me any different of scott and his creations. my first bike will be a ccw but im not sure what would be best for a first. thanks

3. #3 Re: Cleveland Cyclewerks tha Misfit 
    Brownbuff don't sweat it man, the CCW is rad for a first timer. Here's my advice... stick as much cash away as you can every week, adds up quick. While you're saving get yourself into the MSF class in your area. Best money I've spent. It's priceless, you'll learn so much and get over the uneasy-ness of being a newb.

Size wise...I'm not much bigger than you, 5'-6" 145ish myself. You'll flatfoot the Heist no problem, not sure about the misfit but the seat height doesn't look like much on it. Since the Misfit is about to drop you can check them both out and see which you're feeling more. Also, since you got time, don't rule out the Ace. That thing simply looks fun.

Either way you really can't go wrong with CCW as a first bike. Keep an open mind and a strict wrench with whatever you get for your first :) cheers dude. shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiwiizzzz

Quote Originally Posted by brownbuffalo View Post
    hey gardo, ive been following tha heist forum for the past few months trying to catch up on everything but 107 pages is a lot to read so i'm posting here. ive never really ridden before, a couple unsuccessful tries on dirtbikes and an old cb 750 i inherited and sold. ive been looking tha heist for a while and it looks like an amazing bike with lots of potential but the misfit also looks like a lot of fun and bang for the buck. As a beginner i was wondering what advice i could get. im 5'4" and 145ish. I know it all boils down to which one feels better to me but i wont be able to afford a bike for a while so i am just seeing what i can hear and continue to learn what i can with what i have. ive read all the anti ccw/chinese forums and none of them have convinced me any different of scott and his creations. my first bike will be a ccw but im not sure what would be best for a first. thanks
    Kevin
    CCW Heist
    Shitwizard

4. #4 Re: Cleveland Cyclewerks tha Misfit 
    C-Moto Noob
    my thoughts exactly kevin. keep an open mind and do what i can now. the ace looks like a fun bike with lots of potential for customizing. thanks

5. #5 Re: Cleveland Cyclewerks tha Misfit 
    Brownbuffalo- welcome to the MCM forums great bunch of questions the CCW bikes are a great starter bikes and lots of fun for Vet riders alike. I'm 5'7" and a 185lbs. The height is light and easy to flatfoot. I found the Misfit a bit taller but the preload on the suspension can be adjusted.
    Just like kev said sock away the cash and do the MBC before getting a bike it will do alot to put you at ease for riding.
    Dont pay any mind to the haters people change their tune when they see the Heist for the first time.

Keep the questions coming man
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

6. #6 Re: Cleveland Cyclewerks tha Misfit 
    ccw tha misfit looks pretty nice cafe style bike but its identical with cpi sells years ago.

http://www.cpi-motor.com.tw/wwwroot/xr.htm

7. #7 Re: Cleveland Cyclewerks tha Misfit 
    It is not a propriety design, however nothing coming out of the Chinese motorcycle industry really can be, they are all based off others designs.

Its a CG125...

The engines are bored out version of the same engine, the new renditions loose the points and gain a CDI and an electronic ignition.

CPI was likely or they still maybe sourcing the bike out of china, likely from the same factory that CCW is.
    You can be sure they are there in the factory making sure they bikes are made correctly and to their specification. They modified the bikes, basically dolled them up.

Should they have come right out and said that? The results would or could be another version sold online for less? Not everyone wants a drop shipped bike, not everyone wants to do the final assembly and troubleshooting themselves.

There is no cheaper version of the bikes sold online…..not yet.

I would say the extra $1,000 gets you some refinements and bend over backwards customer service, if you need it.

8. #8 Re: Cleveland Cyclewerks tha Misfit 
    I had seen the bike advertised on the web (wholesale)…the listing has expired it was in 2009.

9. #9 Re: Cleveland Cyclewerks tha Misfit 
    I can see the refinements....

10. #10 Re: Cleveland Cyclewerks tha Misfit 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    I can see the refinements....
    MJH,
    You are kidding,right?
    Or else you need to lay off the bong.

Bike at http://www.cpi-motor.com.tw/wwwroot/xr.htm
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG