Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. #61 Re: Cleveland Cyclewerks tha Misfit 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi, I'm working on a 2013 misfit that was running fine last season and this season it wont idle or start at all unless the choke is on. As soon as you release the choke (after its warmed up) it just bogs and dies. Interestingly, the reason I was called (I'm a motorcycle mechanic), is because the carb was flooding and overflowing onto the floor of the garage. So I've removed and cleaned the carb, everything looks fine. I've checked everything (on the bike) and looked everywhere online and locally for help and this is the only place I can find! I tuned this bike last year and it was running great, customer drove it home. Now it just won't run. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated!! Thanks :)

2. #62 Re: Cleveland Cyclewerks tha Misfit 
    I am an idiot regarding repairing motorcycles, but have you checked the float of the carb too? And are you sure you have thoroughly cleaned the carb, so that all passageways of fuel on it are for sure clean? Properly jetted and adjusted? Maybe you could try the bike with some other known to be working well carb, just to cross out the possibility of carb being faulty? One could think that there must be something wrong in carb based on what you said.

3. #63 Re: Cleveland Cyclewerks tha Misfit 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for your reply, and yes I've checked the float etc. I've cleaned the carb several times now. Like I said I'm a licensed mechanic so I do know what to look for but I'm completely stumped on this one - and info for these bikes is very hard to find! The one thing I find peculiar about this carb is the #40 idle jet doesn't have a hole running all the way through it, I've seen hundreds of carbs and the idle jets always have the little nozzle holes and a main hole running through the jet (from top to bottom).
    My client is trying to sell this bike as of last year, and last year it ran, this year, after sitting, it doesn't. Well it idles with the choke on, that's it. If you take the choke off and try to keep it running by gunning the throttle it makes an air "whooshing" sound, like its sucking air from somewhere and not getting enough fuel. And yes Ive checked everywhere for vasuum leaks.

4. #64 Re: Cleveland Cyclewerks tha Misfit 
    Sorry to suggest these triviliaties, but never know if you have just forgot something trivial, like in what condition the air filter is, if there is any, and do you know has the air filter been modified to be much more free flowing?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567