Howdee ,
My neice has an ATV I am starting to work on soon . Her dad died this last
month , heart failure at 42 .
ANyway, we discovered her 110 Sumoto ATV in her dads garage he bought for her , brand new never riden , bought from some powersports shop here in Washington , the name eludes me this morning ?
Anyway, it was caught up in this Winters Floods here in Washington, water over the engine and tires in the garage of his house . When i went to load it in the trailer to take it to her Grandpa's house to start working on it , it was in gear . I took it out of gear and it wouldn't roll on all four wheels,. just three . Obviusly it was locked up from water to the brake drum in the right front. I turned the key thinking I was going to get nothing, but the gear indicator lights went on ! I did not try to fire it because of water in the oil, most likely, haven't checked that yet, but wasn't willing to just hit the starter button just to see if it would fire . Not a good thing to do with water in the case or carb , or with six month old sludgy gas .. If there is a bunch of water in it, i would like to keep it off the clutch as long as possible or at all .
Anyway , so going to start the work on it to get it going for this little 13 year old girl so she can have something of her Dads still and to get her passion for bikes going stronger as she already loves to ride , anything .
Cool project , and will post some before and during and after shots for sure .
I was really surprised the thing had power to it after sitting since January when the floods hit here ? The river that flooded is fresh water , so there is little to no rust even, not even on the chain , it must have been greased up in China or by the dealer really well . It is covered in a thin layer of soft powdery dirt from the river silt , but that's it .

Wish me luck , I may just need it . Plus its kinda an important ATV to get going .
If the engine is fried I promised her I would donate one of my Lifan Race Motors to her ATV anyway . I will certainly see this youngster ride soon reguardless, but it would be very cool to just change oil, clean carb out and fire it up ? And of course a lube job its filthy !

Keep ya posted in the following weeks ,
Cheers, Snortin