Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. #51 Re: Fake plate/No plate experience and advice 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Surely the bottom line is be legal on all points?
    Says the guy riding a dodgy bike with modded engine...

Ride safe! Pal

2. #52 Re: Fake plate/No plate experience and advice 
    Quote Originally Posted by Pal View Post
    Says the guy riding a dodgy bike with modded engine...

Ride safe! Pal
    Only used off-road but my other 5 bikes and 2 cars are all 100% so that is not to bad IMO
    would you like to say some more Pal nice to see you are showing a interest in my bikes
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #53 Re: Fake plate/No plate experience and advice 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbazoth View Post
    You are dying of cancer. The only way you can be cured before you die is medicinal marijuana. However, marijuana is illegal where you live. Sorry. You are just another sheep brainwashed by the NWO, so let's just leave it at that and you can continue watching FOX news, eating your weijing, drinking your fluoride, and doing whatever the media convinces you. And, I'm actually 22. Good math!
    No fool like a young fool is the saying , The world need more people like you .

Is your name Robert Lindsay (Citizen Smith)
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

4. #54 Re: Fake plate/No plate experience and advice 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    No fool like a young fool is the saying , The world need more people like you .

Is your name Robert Lindsay (Citizen Smith)
    May I ask what you do for a living? Im truly curious about you. Habits and such? I already know you are an alcoholic from your signature...

5. #55 Re: Fake plate/No plate experience and advice 
    May I ask what you do for a living? Im truly curious about you. Habits and such? I already know you are an alcoholic from your signature...
    No you can't and to let you know I don't drink well not alcohol .

6. #56 Re: Fake plate/No plate experience and advice 
    Here's another story: I met a friend who had an electric motorcycle. He was riding in the road when a Chinese woman ran out in front of him. He was probably going around 60-70kph, so the woman went flying and had a big gash on her head. Even though his bike was electric and it was the Chinese woman's fault, the police determined his ebike was "too fast" and they made him pay the 30,000+ yuan medical bills. He repaired the ebike, sold it, and now he rides an illegal 150cc. Lesson learned, he tried to be legal but got screwed over anyway!

It really isnt all that hard to avoid the traffic police in Nanjing...I have a Chinese friend who bought a 1000 kuai 125cc scooter and gets around just fine. He can even bribe the school guards with cigarettes to let him on campus. All you have to do is avoid the Xinjiekou area during the day, no problem! As for all this morality bullshit, what a joke... just because other people do it doesn't mean you should blah blah blah!!! This is China. The government pays people to drive around trucks and spray water on the road, explain that morality please. People drive on the wrong side of the road whether in a car or on a bike. People ride/drive without a license both in cars and on bikes. Soooo many people go through red lights, dont use signals, etc etc right in front of the police and the most ive seen them do is blow their whistle. You only get in trouble if you get in an accident or you get caught, so ride safe and dont get caught.

Bottom line: be aware, be safe, be courteous, dont hit anyone, dont get caught, and do whatever you want!
    In China I have never seen a legally plated electric motorcycle. I'm sure someone has a Zero SR or Brammo something, but mostly they have illegally powerful e-scooters. So a legal ebike or scooter should have a max power of 200w or so which is about the same as when I ride my bicycle when I'm not hungover. Your friend doing 60-70kmh on their ebike was not legal in any way. You see for that speed you need at least 5kw (5000w) of power, meaning he or she should have had registration, insurance and a license. So they were not actually legal at all hence the fine.....Even though it was most likely the pedestrians fault, I agree she was probably not looking. However in China usually the bigger vehicle pays without other evidence (otherwise corruption and 'buy the facts' becomes the reality).

So really this doesn't pay in to your 'do whatever you like' anecdotal theory under closer examination.

Spraying water on the road is supposed to be 'jetting' to clear settled dust and make the road cleaner and safer. I agree it's stupid, why not just use regaular road sweepers? Why the need to lubricate the road surface? What BS. Fact is, they all drive cars with ABS so don't give a shit.

Although I can't disagree with 'ride safe and don't get caught' makes sense!

However the fact that other people Chinese or foreign ride or drive like retards doesn't give you any legal help. Go a court in any country and say 'but other people all drive/ ride like that!' They'll say: 'so you're pleading guilty?' See? It's meaningless. What other people do is utterly irrelevant in a court of law. Only what you did and what the law states.

I'm not trying to be an asshole or be a know-it-all. Just experience and making similar assumptions/mistakes as you in the past.

7. #57 Re: Fake plate/No plate experience and advice 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    In China I have never seen a legally plated electric motorcycle. I'm sure someone has a Zero SR or Brammo something, but mostly they have illegally powerful e-scooters. So a legal ebike or scooter should have a max power of 200w or so which is about the same as when I ride my bicycle when I'm not hungover. Your friend doing 60-70kmh on their ebike was not legal in any way. You see for that speed you need at least 5kw (5000w) of power, meaning he or she should have had registration, insurance and a license. So they were not actually legal at all hence the fine.....Even though it was most likely the pedestrians fault, I agree she was probably not looking. However in China usually the bigger vehicle pays without other evidence (otherwise corruption and 'buy the facts' becomes the reality).

So really this doesn't pat in to your 'do whatever you like' theory at close inspection.
    Actually, the only ebikes under 500w are those that look like crappy bicycles and you can run faster than them. Most of them are 500-1500w. Then there are the M3s like mine that START at 2000w stock. I can reach about 75kph on my 2000w motor and dont even have the tiny bicycle license for mine. I ride past police every day and often run red lights/lane split right in front of them. I dont know what its like where you live, but they havent cared one bit here. I've heard plenty of stories of illegal motors and police. Some accidents and huge bills, some close calls with police stops, and police seeing a laowai face with no plates and waving him through the checkpoint. I think a lot of it is racial profiling. Chinese people are very racist against darker skinned people, but luckily I--as bad as it sounds--have a handsome white face with a big white smile.

Law is nothing but illusion; we are all truly free. Though consequences exist, so act accordingly.

EDIT: actually, I was told all ebike without pedals are technically illegal, so that's like what? 90% of them? what matters is what the police care about, and they are likely not to care unless someone get hurt or their boss is looking over their shoulder.

8. #58 Re: Fake plate/No plate experience and advice 
    Actually, the only ebikes under 500w are those that look like crappy bicycles and you can run faster than them. Most of them are 500-1500w. Then there are the M3s like mine that START at 2000w stock. I can reach about 75kph on my 2000w motor and dont even have the tiny bicycle license for mine. I ride past police every day and often run red lights/lane split right in front of them. I dont know what its like where you live, but they havent cared one bit here. I've heard plenty of stories of illegal motors and police. Some accidents and huge bills, some close calls with police stops, and police seeing a laowai face with no plates and waving him through the checkpoint. I think a lot of it is racial profiling. Chinese people are very racist against darker skinned people, but luckily I--as bad as it sounds--have a handsome white face with a big white smile.

Law is nothing but illusion; we are all truly free. Though consequences exist, so act accordingly.

EDIT: actually, I was told all ebike without pedals are technically illegal, so that's like what? 90% of them? what matters is what the police care about, and they are likely not to care unless someone get hurt or their boss is looking over their shoulder.
    90-100% of ebikes are technically illegal in Shanghai and Beijing. That's because it's enough to make a car driver cry into their noodles or baijiu if they are not getting from A to B quicker than an ebiker or jogger. They'd love to pass a law to break the joggers legs for being alive, but they can't so they concentrate on the ebikers and motorcyclists instead.

In a massive sense I agree with you. The world is nothing but a beautiful blue marble of divine beauty. What right does any humanoid primate from any other region of this vast beautiful planet have to say what you can do or where you can go? I agree completely, but you have to balance that with the silly local laws and the the consequences of breaking them, and what I can suggest as a moderator on this forum people actually do?

Hint: I don't follow all/many of the rules myself. But I can/should suggest that they do. I see a red light and think 'yield', but 'stop' n.f.w!

9. #59 Re: Fake plate/No plate experience and advice 
    Of course ^_^ ^_^

10. #60 Re: Fake plate/No plate experience and advice 
    Agreed!

However at least suggest the 'legally correct' course of action as the 'right' route to mostly anyone else. But there is always the 'do you want to discuss this over a pint?' option.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast