I just bought an R9 without a license in wudaokou where I will reside until July. Before this thread gets filled up by comments on how this is wrong and I'm gonna go to jail, I know the best situation is to legally apply for a license and I know the risks involved and regardless I've decided to take a chance. I know this isnt the most ethical thing to ask online however, I would really appreciate it if anyone could give me some advice regarding license plates.

As most of the readers here probably know, no license = no gas. The sales lady at the bike store told me to buy a fake Hebei plate on taobao which is approximately 300 RMB. From what I've read in online forums, there are also fake jing A and jing B plates and I was wondering what the differences are between these fake plates? Are there more benefits? Will they all work to get gas and are any of them going to get you to be more or less likely pulled over by the police?

From what I've read online as well, some people think having a fake license plate on is by far worse than having no plates because if the police catch you it's an additional offense and apparently you get in a lot more trouble? Others think that driving without a license plate at all is just waving a red flag in the polices face askin them to catch you which I agree with as well. However I live in wudaokou and out of maybe 50 r9s or other motorbikes I see, maybe 45 of them don't have plates. Can anyone shine a light on this? Or plainly speak out of logic or experience?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks