Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCM CRX230

1. #1 CCM CRX230 
    C-Moto Noob
    Anyone have any knowledge of these? I just bought one for my daily commute and the lights are poor, any ideas how to uprate them?

Thanks for you time Roy

2. #2 Re: CCM CRX230 
    Hi Roy! The manufactures of these bikes are few in China.But to me the most reliable is Loncin.You can reach the english site is the loncinusa.com.This a copy of the Honda crf 230 wich i think you can use the updates from Honda catalog.I hope this information help you.Good riding and God bless you!

3. #3 Re: CCM CRX230 
    Simpiest soultion change to Halogen bulb.
    -
    http://translate.google.com/translat...ad%26tid%3D526
    Stock stator output in these Loncin 223 are "WEAK". After modded the "12" to Δ -- 3 x100W bulb at test = EASY.
    Last edited by humanbeing; 11-04-2011 at 05:16 AM.

4. #4 Re: CCM CRX230 
    C-Moto Noob
    motoviva and humanbeing thanks for your help I will try plugging a halogen bulb in.

5. #5 Re: CCM CRX230 
    C-Moto Regular
    How did you get on with the halogen lamp Roy ? I've got a CXR230 myself - have posted some pics before and the headlight is not too bad compared with some I have had anyway ! Dip looks to go the wrong way although it is supposed to be a straight up/down dip . Have you done any mods to yours ? - I removed the airbox restrictor and went for a 120 main jet +1T on the gearbox sprocket - just about does 70mph now but I am about 100kg ....

6. #6 Re: CCM CRX230 
    C-Moto Noob
    Bojer,
    sorry been away a while. New bulb works great, that is I can see in the dry! No mods use the bike as my daily commute 32 mile round trip daily still going strong. Chain and sprocket need renewing after 6 months, any thoughts on pattern parts?

7. #7 Re: CCM CRX230 
    C-Moto Regular
    Changed my chain early on as the original was worn out after 500 miles - try here for matching up sprockets , I used a Honda XR200 front sprocket on mine , 520 chain http://www.jtsprockets.com/catalogue/model/5020

Mine is still doing over 120 miles per gallon so makes it a cheap bike to run , hope to be going up to the Isle of Man on it next month to watch the Manx Grand Prix and do some trail riding

8. #8 Re: CCM CRX230 
    C-Moto Noob
    Bojer, sounds like you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine, although it's not so great in the rain tyres have no grip but being tight I won't throw them away until they are a bit worn.

My speedo doesn't seem to work properly so not sure how many miles I have done but loads 6 days a week 32 mile round trip and still chugging on!!

Have fun on the Isle of Man.

9. #9 Re: CCM CRX230 
    C-Moto Regular
    CCM was fine in the IoM - rode up to Liverpool and back and the TT circuit and a lot of trails - in the rain !

Now sold , for about what I bought it for and replaced with an accident damaged Pulse Adrenaline - will see if road tyres gives more wet weather grip on tarmac .....