Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: SKYTEAM

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 SKYTEAM 
    Skyteam is offerings its ACE 125 in HK for $2,500.00 USD.

http://www.bikehk.com/main/hk/

2. #2 Re: SKYTEAM 
    It is interesting how they moved the SAI back on that bike, its found under the carburetor, next to the air box.

The original design, a Honda Dream had a DOHC 50cc that was rated at 7hp@13000 RPM

3. #3 Re: SKYTEAM 
    The downward sloped bars and rear set controls do nothing for me, they to me present an uncomfortable ridding position. So many bikes get restyled to be café racers and in that the people behind the effort feel compelled to make them awkward to ride in order to just attain a certain look. Ergonomically the position interferes with your reflexes, when ridding in traffic, it is only beneficial in cutting drag, leaning into turns, if the bike is not a race bike…there is no real need, it’s a commuter bike. I imagine fighting with the ridding position and also the lack of power from the 125cc OHV engine.

The colors are good the, the finishes all look good, however the long tank just pushed the controls back and none of it really was needed, the original never sold that well, it was a fad, a novelty bike.

But then again that seems to be Skyteams market niche. It is cool to look at, kind of like a tattoo, I like to look at them…but I do not really want one.

4. #4 Re: SKYTEAM 
    Skyteam does have an agent in the USA, they are Pitsterpro.

All of the Pitsterpro retro street bike are manufactured by Jiangsu SACIN Motor Co., Ltd.

So they have a path to the US market, both the V_raptor with the 223cc OHC and also the ACE as well have a path to the market.

5. #5 Re: SKYTEAM 
    I would say that Pitster could break off the street bikes from the dirt bikes, they could brand them JSMC and market them separately. They could add the V-Raptor and also the ACE, if distributed through the same process they are currently using, they likely would sell reasonably well.

Basically just a separated website, but what would be crucial to success is indexed parts linked on the site. If done correctly they might even get international parts orders? If they indexed the website with Jiangsu Sacin Motor as well as SKYTEAM it would attract traffic.

They have done a real good job adding parts lists, separating the manufacturers brands in a separated website would really clarify the brand differentiation and likely conjure a new following.
    http://shop.pitsterpro.com/frameclassic125.aspx

6. #6 Re: SKYTEAM 
    they are cool small bikes.

7. #7 Re: SKYTEAM 
    I think the ticket is not in re-branding, it is in offering brand name distribution as a service. In that you offer a manufacture an opportunity to grow its brand. The more brands and the more products offered you as a distributor gain recognition by building sales for them. In that you may be able to attract other brand names and do the same. The name endures as long as the manufacturer does.

In that what is crucial is digital documentation and electronic data services and that can even be grown into translation services, that being converting that document into other languages for them.

A singular narrow focus may seem ideal, but it is only attractive in its simplicity, in the reality of today markets it is tantamount to having tunnel vision.

8. #8 Re: SKYTEAM 
    Pitster left some bad taste in some customers collective mouths when they offered the Xingyue 400 dual sport in the US. When they broke, and they did, nobody could get help for their bike from Pitster. They seemed to have some sort of deal with Puzey when they offered the Shuopu Science-built XTR 250 enduro and motard, but I know that the bikes weren't street legal, and some potential customers in some states could not get a straight answer from Pitster regarding those bikes and if they could buy them which left some people annoyed.

I think Pitster offering the Galaxy XTR 230 is a good thing, and the Skyteam retro bikes are a good lineup for them, but a full-size street bike is probably out of their realm.

9. #9 Re: SKYTEAM 
    Jiangmen Shuopu Science and Technology D
    That’s is how they are listed with the NHSTA and under the WMI of L14

That information is propagated by administrators in China, That being the World manufacturing Identification is entered by an agency operating in the country the manufacturer exists within.

http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/manufacture/

WMI information is feed through a data link to the NHSTA, then augmented with a VIN deciphering document and letter that discloses the “Agents of Process” or who is making and who is selling the vehicles, they are added to the database to meet federal regulations, in parts as in 565 and also 566.
    http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/manufacture/

This is the manufactures website….
    http://www.shuopuscience.com/

I checked the EPA database of conforming highway legal motorcycles, I searched for shuopuscience under OEM and none came up for 2008,2009 and 2010.

What is important to know is that the agent of process for all the Retro Street Bike is recorded as Jiangsu SACIN USA and they are incorporated in Delaware. Those are all street legal and also all EPA certified, I know I checked.

So Pitster now has at least three OEM supplying them, their primary line is off road, the Galaxy is not highway legal, Galaxy is Guangdong Yinhe Motorcycle Group Co. Ltd has a WMI of LWP, they have no EPA certified highway legal motorcycles and do not meet the federal regulations of the NHSTA.

They are all amateurs, they learn as they go.

They could be offering three brands names, Shuopu, Yinhe and Sacin. They could legitimatize drop shipping all they need is to address the legality within each state.

10. #10 Re: SKYTEAM 
    Last edited by MJH; 06-14-2016 at 05:57 AM.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast