Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Zanella

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Zanella 
    They do not have those listed on either of the Mondial websites, they may have stopped selling those? They have Honda twin versions they sell through the Argentinean Mondial that are more like a Honda Rebel.
    They call them an HD 254 A
    http://www.mondial-moto.com/

The original Italian Mondial supposedly is owned by Bimoto and today only sells a single sport bike, the Piega 1000 that shares and engine with the Honda VTR-1000
    Piega 1000

VTR-1000

2. #22 Re: Zanella 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    They may share an engine, that Mondial and the Honda, but they don't seem to share an exhaust. WTF?
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #23 Re: Zanella 
    It is in the tail section.

4. #24 Re: Zanella 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Ass warmer!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

5. #25 Re: Zanella 
    Zanella added a new model to its moto line for 2013, it is their RZ25 R

The RZ25 R sits under their RX250/LONCIN Jeda 250 and RX350 / Lifeng NAC25 with the 320cc engine. It’s the familiar XGJAO copy of a Yamaha R15

The SOKON XJGAO and its manufacturers siblings.
    Last edited by MJH; 05-27-2013 at 02:28 PM.

6. #26 Re: Zanella 
    Maybe you have not noticed, but "Zanella" in its low-end segment has several interesting models with, so to speak, "tubular design" - there are three of cargo tricycles called "Tri Cargo", utilitarian step-through "Delivery" and variation on a "Sachs Mad Ass" theme - "Z Cup", all with horizontal engines.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

7. #27 Re: Zanella 
    I did not notice those, they are new also, they offer allot of models sourced from what seems like allot of different manufacturers.

What is odd to me is that Zanella imports models from SOKON XGJAO and so does MOTOMEL its big competitor.

Their New Fire moped is reminiscent of their Bambina, a model from their past.

Actually I see now that the New Fire is also a model they have made before.
    Last edited by MJH; 05-12-2016 at 12:01 PM.

8. #28 Re: Zanella 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    What is odd to me is that Zanella imports models from SOKON XGJAO and so does MOTOMEL its big competitor.
    I think it's the choice of the importer. The Same happens in the UK with SOKON XGJAO supplying to both LS IMPORTS (Learner Legal) and LLEXETER LTD (Lexmoto).

I think that having the brand name of the factory will be supported by the Chinese factories as they hope to make their own names more well known internationally.

9. #29 Re: Zanella 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozuki View Post
    I think that having the brand name of the factory will be supported by the Chinese factories as they hope to make their own names more well known internationally.
    My Bad! that was referencing the Hamachi thread!

10. #30 Re: Zanella 
    Importer is kind of a misnomer, people set up businesses that basically buy out of the factory the bigger names actually have some influence over the factory. The factories offer OEM services but are limited to what they already manufacture. To get an exclusive model you could, but the results may make your special build cost much more and in that make it not competitive against the mass produced models.

The production cost fall with larger numbers, actually the total cost goes up per unit however the fixed costs fall.

Not to oversimplify most of it is basically linear,

To understand this better the first unit cost allot, it bears all the total cost of research and development. Then once production begins each unit made pays back part of that and with each unit the fixed cost of R and D eventually is fully recovered, that being if it has a long run and demand does not fall off

The average fixed cost falls with high production numbers, it is why prices are lower for models that everyone sells. Then even if coming out of different factories, that cost savings occurs in other costs, for instance the shared component that one supplier makes for everyone that makes that model. The Chinese Motorcycle Industry is not conducive to developing new models. It actually by default makes standards that everyone is economically drawn into producing.

Marketing is also a cost not advertising at all hurts, however too much can also hurt if it is expensive and ineffective.
    The importers/distributors are primarily buying out of the same pool, very few if any sell something totally unique and often very few have any exclusive rights within any market.
    Last edited by MJH; 06-15-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast