Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Jialing JH600 continuous development: EURO-III ! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob Bart Sanders's Avatar
    Dear Jialing JH600 afficionados,

Symptom of the problem: after filling up the tank, the engine can not rev up above 2.500 - 3.000 rpm.

As part of the support I got from the Jialing factory I have received following quote:

Just got the reply from our technical department, they said the problem on JH600, is maybe because when the user add the gasoline into the gasoline tank, the gasoline is too full, thus some gasoline moved into the carbon canister filter (this device is for the gas emission control to pass EURO-III standard.), as the gasoline invaded into the carbon canister filter, thus case the engine can not be started.
    So the solution is to take out some gasoline from the gasoline tank ( fuel tank), the taken-out volume is about half liter, then wait for a while and start the engine, then it should be no problem.
    To be honest, at first I thought this to be "some story", but I was proven wrong. Having had already a very close look to our Jialing JH600B sidecar version of the engine and surrounding apparatus, I was sure that no such device like the mentioned "carbon canister filter" would be present on our JH600 solo version.

It is!!! The gastank's upper end has a modified construction. There is the pump and fuel pressure line to the jet. There is the spill-over line running to the bottom of the frame. And there is the now discovered exit of the fuel tank having a tube running to a small intermediate device (one-way valve?) before it runs to the box LY-CA-300 supposedly holding said carbon filter. From there the rubber line continues and ends inside the air/throttle chamber. See the pictures.

JH600-solo- 007.jpgJH600-solo- 004.jpgJH600-solo- 005.jpgJH600-solo- 006.jpg

Following the instructions some 600 ccm of fuel was removed from the tank and indeed, the engine runs up to whatever rpm you want!

Looking at the gastank entry hole, there is the cylindrical pipe into which one sticks the fueljet. It is best not to fill above the bottom of this pipe, or else gas can indeed enter the "third" exit flowing into the filter and eventually into the throttle-chamber, thereby messing up the desired air/gas mix. Result: engine stops.

I think it is good to share this kind of important information to this (Jialing JH600) community, due to the somewhat reluctant information policy of the Jialing factory....

2. #2 Re: Jialing JH600 continuous development: EURO-III ! 
    The overfilling / carbon canister filter issue is not just a JH600 problem. I've heard it mentioned in other forums with UK and California model bikes, and also had a little trouble when I overfilled a friends V-Strom I was riding in California last summer.

Thanks for sharing and glad you are back on the road.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

3. #3 Re: Jialing JH600 continuous development: EURO-III ! 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Bart - thanks for your information. It is very helpful. We JH600'rs need to work these glitches through. The bikes are a lot of fun when everything is working as it should.

It is interesting that, as ChinaV notes, it is not unique to the JH600.

Again, thanks!

4. #4 Re: Jialing JH600 continuous development: EURO-III ! 
    C-Moto Regular
    hi Barts, we had same problem when we were on the road. after try several times throttle, it runs again. don't know this mechanism is good or bad