Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Honda CRF250L

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Honda CRF250L 
    Honda CRF 250L.jpg
    Honda have recently released images of the new CRF250 which uses the new CBR250R's liquid cooled single sylinder engine, it produces 22bhp using a very reliable PGMFI system.
    would be good to see how far a range on this bike owuld be and what its offroad performance is using a road biased engine.

2. #2 Re: Honda CRF250L 
    Are you sure that the CRF250L and CBR250R don't just use a de-tuned version of practically the same engine that's been in the CRF250R for years? Surely these engines are mostly the same and modified for use, and evolve over the years according to to emissions, refinements and so on, as this would cut costs, and what corporation doesn't like less costs? Why would Honda go to the trouble of developing two different liquid-cooled single cylinder 249cc engines?

3. #3 Re: Honda CRF250L 
    no its a completely new engine honda made for the CBR250 its probably a evolution of some sort but i am very sure its a new engine to meet the stricter emission standards, it was designed for a long use in mind
    http://ultimatemotorcycling.com/hond...-engine-design

4. #4 Re: Honda CRF250L 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Are you sure that the CRF250L and CBR250R don't just use a de-tuned version of practically the same engine that's been in the CRF250R for years? Surely these engines are mostly the same and modified for use, and evolve over the years according to to emissions, refinements and so on, as this would cut costs, and what corporation doesn't like less costs? Why would Honda go to the trouble of developing two different liquid-cooled single cylinder 249cc engines?

Yamaha developed two different engines for the WR250F and WR250R.Both are strong sellers.Both are very different bikes although they look roughly the same aimed at different markets.Honda is just aiming to take away some market share from the WR250R.Yamaha have more than recouped the costs of designing two WR250.
    Last edited by bigdamo; 11-12-2011 at 02:50 AM.

5. #5 Re: Honda CRF250L 
    i can see this honda selling very well as honda has a better reputation for quality plus if its built in thailand like the CBR 250 it should be kept to a good price bracket added the fuel injection system a safe buy for those looking at the petrol prices

6. #6 Re: Honda CRF250L 
    I can see the CRF250L selling well. But the CBR250R I can't. I don't see why anyone would go for a sub 400cc single engine for a road bike if there are twin cylinder 250cc bikes which really are generally more satisfying to ride. The Kawasaki Ninja 250 and the Suzuki GW250 seem to prove this theory. I think Honda failed and should have had a look at their much loved CB250 Hornet with a new outlook.

Honda%20cb250%20Hornet%2096%20%201.jpg

7. #7 Re: Honda CRF250L 
    here in the UK if your under 21 you can do your full license but your restricted to 33bhp for 2 years unless your over 21 and do the full acces liecense so something thats easy to ride for novices actually sell quite well and when insurance here has gone up 37% due to the tax man something thats easier to ride and gain skill on for a cheaper cost, cheaper to insure and cheaper to keep going on makes sense iv seen quite a few of the CBR250R's over here on the roads in all the years the ninja 250r has been on sale iv seen maybe 10 on the roads and then some more in dealerships. there is a general trend nowadays due to rising fuel costs to keep your superbike for good roads and perfect riding conditions, then a smaller capacity bike or scooter to commute on which saves fuel and if you work in inner cities makes life easier just nipping in and out

8. #8 Re: Honda CRF250L 
    I', from the UK originally, and I visit every year. I've never seen a CBR250R. A Ninja 250 isn't a superbike and it sells well, but not really in the UK. Most people I know in the UK have a car and then a superbike 600cc plus, in the garage for sunny days.

9. #9 Re: Honda CRF250L 
    i know it isnt a superbike the purpose of it is a step between learner 125's to bigger bikes well the CBR250R has only come out this year the week after it was realised i already saw one parked up outside the BMF show and it wasnt a display bike, i key player to young riders like myself who have just got a full license is running costs and insurance i pay out £1500 for my 125 full license 2 years ncb aswell, my father who is just 50 is already downsized his bike from his superbikes to supersports to now a Kawasaki ER-6F

10. #10 Re: Honda CRF250L 
    sounds great ....more information kennon?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast